Forum

TruthMove Forum

TruthMove Forum » TruthMove Main Forum

Prisoners re-enter society (4 posts)

1. lofertin

Hi everyone, I think that every person has his right to live in a society no matter even if he was a prisoner in his early life. Most of the prisoners are racial or ethnic minorities and have difficulty in re-entering the society as they are faced with poverty and this leads to crime for which they are re-arrested are convicted and re-incarcerated and this adds a burden on the government in respect of tax-payers. What are your views on this?

Posted 16 years ago #
  2. christs4sale
    Administrator

I will post more on this when I have time, but please read:

http://dunwalke.com/10_Clinton_Administration.htm

The Clinton Administration: Progressives for Prison Profits

Catherine Austin Fitts' whole site: www.dunwalke.com

It was formerly called: Dylan, Read and Co, Inc and the Aristocracy of Prison Profits.

She changed prison to stock, but the information is the same.

Posted 16 years ago #
  3. matthewjersy

This is a very good issue to discuss about as it is concerned with the human race and deals with the real problems faced in the society. The Second Chance Act is taken in this way and hope that it brings a new dawn for the people. I believe you can also express your views on this on www.savetheleft.com/savetheleft which is good place to know your comments on such issues.

Posted 16 years ago #
  4. truthmod
    Administrator

We live in a completely unjust system. The people with the most reasons to be rightfully angry and fight the system usually bear the brunt of outright oppression--the drug war, incarceration, poor education, etc.

Keeping the underclass down is a high priority for those in control. The aim seems to be to prevent them from voting or being civically engaged. If you keep them desperate, powerless, distracted, deluded, and apathetic, you have a pretty good recipe for continuing domination.

As MLK and others have outlined, the slave or prisoner analysis can also be extended to the society at large. The system itself is just a larger, more abstract prison.

Posted 16 years ago #

You must log in to post.