Forum

TruthMove Forum

TruthMove Forum » TruthMove Main Forum

Getting off my butt on local Peak Oil planning . . . (3 posts)

1. Kim

Just circulated this as indicated:

To: cc list below

Re: Planning for Peak Oil in Logan

Contents & Link:

About me . . .

About Peak Oil . . .

Queensland's Minister for Sustainability, Climate Change and Innovation, Andrew McNamara MP, speaks out on Peak Oil . . .

Why can't "Alternatives" replace oil . . . ?

Hajnal Ban (my new local councillor), Peak Oil and me

Just how bad, and how urgent, is the problem?

Financial consequences of Peak Oil . . .

Peak Oil & our food supply . . .

So what are the solutions? A general overview . . .

The nuts and bolts of Peak Oil planning, by Richard Heinberg

The nuts and bolts of Peak Oil planning, some initial thoughts from Kim

Where to from here?

http://www.kimspages.org/loganpeakoil.htm

cc - All local councillors (Logan) cc - Federal politicians (Qld) cc - State politicians (Qld) cc - All local newspapers (Logan) cc - All local schools (Logan) cc - Multiple community organisations (Logan) cc - Local churches (Logan) cc - Multiple contacts, forums & email lists (please pass on as appropriate)

Posted 16 years ago #
  2. chrisc

Nice one, the latest from Richard Heinberg, which I have yet to absorb, is on this issue:

MuseLetter #192: Resilient Communities: A Guide to Disaster Management
    03 Apr 2008
    http://globalpublicmedia.org/museletter_192_resili...

Posted 16 years ago #
  3. Kim

Things seem to be moving very quickly, after circulating that email above yesterday, I got this immediate response to-day from my local council (they're an entirely new entity, completely re-drawn boundaries and newly elected members/mayor):

Hello Kim

Cr ****** is in receipt of your email and as he is Chair of the Environment and Sustainability Committee >he would like to pay you a visit. Could you please call me to arrange a time convenient for you and Cr >***** to meet.

Anyway, I rang them immediately, and I've arranged to meet him at council offices - plus I know a couple of people with formal qualifications in sustainability (and they've already worked closely with local Government), plus they're very much on the same page as me - so I'm taking them along with me too. I very much hope we can get something going that has all the resources, backing and enthusiasm of a large local authority behind it, that would be awesome . . .

And strangely enough, I went for a wonderful massage to-day, and Luna (who I see regularly), asked me to pick one of her "Goddess" cards out before we started. I got Lilith . . . a very powerful ally. She was the one Adam traded in for the more compliant Eve . . . ;-)

Posted 16 years ago #

You must log in to post.