Forum

TruthMove Forum

TruthMove Forum » TruthMove Main Forum

Chomsky on 9/11 (5 posts)

1. truthmod
    Administrator

Chomsky on 9/11

it's a bit confusing but you can gather Chomsky's attitude from this exchange:

http://www.gnn.tv/forum/thread.php?id=15518&pa...

one of my favorite explanations from the doubters of the establishment left. follow this knee-jerk logic if you can...

Znet's reply to a 9/11 conspiracy theorist by Michael Albert, Znet sysop Monday September 23, 2002 at 03:01 PM

"You might want to consider why no one--not me, chomsky, pilger, fisk, roy, said, bond, goodman, cagan, bernard, shalom, ehrenreich, wise, peters, and on and on and on... have thought it was worth a minute of time... as compared to attention to, say, what we know and what is systemic about the war on terrorism, its impacts, etc. etc."

http://houston.indymedia.org/print.php?id=4265

Posted 17 years ago #
  2. u2r2h

some insight ...

Chomsky and 911...

it is worthy of a small debate...

I think its TRUE that 911 distracts from worthier causes.

But it is a great mystery crime story... a crowd pleaser, so to say.

some discussion already here:

http://georgewashington.blogspot.com/2006/05/choms...

but more is needed.

BTW ... another 911-truther got this REFUSAL TO PUBLISH 911 TRUTH
    from the ZMAG PUBLISHER Michael Albert:

*If you look closely as znet you will see there are about 100 writers
    involved...many with pieces very often, some with only a few per year.

Not one has written a piece of the sort you suggest - though, in fact,
    doing so is entirely painless. So you ought to consider the possibility
    that intelligent and highly informed people, who are critical of u.s.
    foreign policy and domestic social arrangements as it is possible to be,
    and who have in many instances given most of their lives to related
    work, DISAGREE with you, and think there is no such article worth
    writing, just as there is no article about many things one can dream up,
    worth writing, because the dreams are only that...

Michael Albert*

\"\"

this guy knows better... aaaargh.

Posted 17 years ago #
  3. truthmod
    Administrator

rhetoric

i don't like that excuse. smart people don't believe it so it must not be true. sounds like the argument of a conservative or a fascist, not a supposedly free-thinking progressive.

i think these people are not so free thinking as they assume themselves to be....

Posted 17 years ago #
  4. truthmod
    Administrator

michael albert

"You might want to consider why no one--not me, chomsky, pilger, fisk, roy, said, bond, goodman, cagan, bernard, shalom, ehrenreich, wise, peters, and on and on and on... have thought it was worth a minute of time... as compared to attention to, say, what we know and what is systemic about the war on terrorism, its impacts, etc. etc."

you might want to consider the fact that some people think for themselves and do not bow down to the empty authority of established "intellectuals" and writers.

the academic world, the media, the government--we should be skeptical of them all. look where they have led us http://www.truthmove.org/insight/massextinction.ht...

do not swallow what they want to feed you; look everything for yourself!

Posted 17 years ago #
  5. truthmover
    Administrator

Institutional subjectivity

While I have some respect for those on the list above who have not taken a position on 9/11, I do not consider their perspective fully independent. Each of them has institutional and professional obligations that prevent them from directly addressing many critical issues before the public. I don't expect everyone to talk about everything. And I don't expect that anyone with a mainstream audience would risk the public ridicule that would result from questioning the official version of 9/11.

We must all be critical of the independence of sources that we most rely upon to provide educated analysis of important issues. Those with the most to lose are most often the least likely to tell us the whole truth. Ultimately I think the path toward independent critical thinking leads one away from reliance upon the expertise of any exclusive set of intellectuals. While those in the list above represent many progressive concerns in a more or less responsible manner, they lack the independence required to hit the hottest buttons.

Just read a bit of everything.

Posted 17 years ago #

You must log in to post.