Forum

TruthMove Forum

TruthMove Forum » TruthMove Main Forum

Rigorous Intuition back and more on point than ever... (6 posts)

1. truthmod
    Administrator

http://rigint.blogspot.com/2008/06/master-of-our-d...

Agricultural soils are being eroded at a rate 10 to 40 times that of soil formation. (Iowa alone has lost half of its topsoil in the last 150 years.) The ingestion and absorption of industrial toxicities has contributed to an endocrine disruption that's resulted in a 40% decline in sperm count in 50 years. And the atrocities of global industry has so contaminated the milk of Inuit mothers that it can be categorized as hazardous waste.

Energy and food are being priced out of reach of the poor. (I mean our poor: the genetic detritus of developed nations. The rest? Let them eat mud cakes. It may be the end of the world as we know it, but it’s still the world they have always known.) Like a deleted scene from Children of Men, a pray-in was held five weeks ago at a San Francisco Chevron station to beseech God for lower fuel prices. Gas has risen about 40 cents since. Demand for cheap and "green" biofuels is devastating forests, and stealing food and habitat from the other poor. Besides other things, Soylent Green is fuel efficient.

Conspiracies, too, fascinate, and are the reality of parapolitical culture, but conspiracy culture is its reality television. Even if someone does bust the conspiracy wide open! as Alex Jones has promised that so many of his broadcasts would do, justice would be served to the same extent The Bachelor is genuinely searching for true love. Seven years gone since September 11, and the singular accomplishment of "9/11 Truth" appears to have been the creation of another Great American Pastime. Sirhan could not have killed Robert Kennedy, but four decades later he's still in prison. And even when an American Court found the federal government and its agencies to be co-conspirators in the death of Martin Luther King, the judgment left no mark upon the guilty.

Posted 15 years ago #
  2. Arabesque

Conspiracies, too, fascinate, and are the reality of parapolitical culture, but conspiracy culture is its reality television. Even if someone does bust the conspiracy wide open! as Alex Jones has promised that so many of his broadcasts would do, justice would be served to the same extent The Bachelor is genuinely searching for true love.

This seems unfair. Is this really the fault of "Alex Jones", or anyone else that there is no new investigation or justice for 9/11? Or is it the collective fault of the 9/11 truth movement. I think the answer is the latter. I would no more blame Alex Jones for the fact that there is no justice than Mike Ruppert. Ultimately, no one has succeeded in getting a criminal investigation for 9/11 despite the best presentations of the evidence. A more important question than the all too easy to play "blame game" is the question: "what can we do about it"?

Why have we failed and what can we do to succeed? These are the relevant questions.

Posted 15 years ago #
  3. Arabesque

http://revver.com/video/939682/dr-william-pepper-9...

The Jersey Girls are now being represented by lawyer William F. Pepper, best known for his work on the assassination of MLK.

Posted 15 years ago #
  4. chrisc

I can totally relate to this:

So this is my dilemma, and my paralysis. It's not every day you get to spectate the real-time collapse of a planetary civilization and biosphere. (Or, I suppose I should say, I remember a time when it wasn't.) But watching this unfold with fascination feels complicit and worse than if I were blithely ignorant, and analyzing it at this seeming late stage futile and ridiculous. What's important now, what's more important than ever, are the close-to-home matters: being a good father and husband, and learning how to best cushion the crash of our coddled urban lives.

And later in a comment he answers a question:

"do you shelter them from the tragic prospects"

Of course. And it means not saying so often "We can play just as soon as soon as I post this."

... more time playing with the kids and less on the net -- makes sense to me, now I just need to act on it... :-/

Posted 15 years ago #
  5. christs4sale
    Administrator

I agree that it is certainly not Alex Jones' fault for not having justice directly, but there is an element of what Alex Jones is contributing to that is not helping our chances. I believe largely what Alex Jones in contributing to is a failure of most of the participants of this movement to look inward and see what is in ourselves that we really need to change for this to have any possibility of working. It is pretty difficult to stomach someone with that much influence and visibility in the movement who is promoting such a shoddy standard of scholarship, the infusion of pro-wrestling culture and a John Birch Society ideology to boot.

A good portion of this movement uses terms such as "Globalists" and "New World Order" with no historical context of what is actually meant by those terms. I really can relate to Able Ashes on the Truthaction forum who wants to disassociate himself from 9/11 Truth. When I see the shit that passes for knowledge, it makes really angry. I remember seeing someone post on 9/11 Blogger a video of Larry McDonald railing on about the "New World Order" and the poster was saying how relevant the NWO order is because Larry McDonald, who this poster was portraying in a positive light, was talking about the same stuff 25 years ago.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/february2008/...

My view of this is they shovel the same garbage to the next generation who doesn't read and, therefore, willingly laps it up. Larry McDonald was head of the Western Goals Foundation, which was the intelligence arm of the JBS. Before McDonald had died in KAL 007 in 1983, the WGF was collaborating with the L.A.'s Public Order Intelligence Division to store information on dissidents in a computer database.

Key backers, financiers and appointees of Ronald Reagan have always been involved in political spying – and worse. California was rife with intrigue. Nixon and Reagan were from California. And California is where the bubble burst. The trail leading to the connection between Reagan and McDonald is long and winding. But the facts prove collusion between informers hired by Reagan when he was governor and McDonald's Western Goals Foundation. The methods – and even the persons involved – were the same in both cases.

The first indication that something was even more rotten than usual in California came on August 15, 1980, when Warren Hinckle – the former editor of Ramparts magazine – noted that the snooping of Jerry Ducote appeared to involve members of Ronald Reagan's gubernatorial staff. (Ducote was a former sheriff's deputy employed by Reagan's backers to infiltrate suspected subversive groups.)

"What is happening in Santa Clara County today is the germ of the biggest scandal of the next 1 1/2 years," Hinckle said. "People thought that with Watergate it was all over. But this is the next layer of Watergate."

On January 4, 1983, nearly 2 1/2 years after Hinckle's prediction, Detective Jay Paul of the Los Angeles Police Department supplied a weary team of investigators with the connection between Larry McDonald and Ronald Reagan. That day marked the end of McDonald's usefulness to the larger network he served. He had become a liability to some very important people.

A carefully-constructed web of deceit was brought down by the massive volumes of files illegally assembled on law-abiding citizens by the L.A. Police Department's Public Disorder Intelligence Division (PDID). The files were ordered destroyed in 1975, but it was later discovered that LAPD officers kept the data-bank information.

Enraged by this disobedience, the Los Angeles Police Commission officially requested the files. But by then, Lieutenant Thomas Scheidecker had stolen at least 10,000 pages of documents, and PDID Detective Jay Paul had moved a huge batch of files to his garage in Long Beach. Attorney Ann Love, his wife, was paid $30,000 a year to feed a sophisticated $100,000 computer data that had been ordered destroyed.  

The information eventually wound up in the computer of the Western Goals Foundation. And lo and behold, the man who paid Ann Love was Representative Larry McDonald, chairman of Western Goals.  Also caught up in the web was John Rees, an editor at the Western Goals Foundation, and a longtime associate of Jerry Ducote by way of their common employers and similar methods of accumulating data. Both acted as agents provocateurs.

"An agent provocateur is a police agent who is introduced into any political organization with instructions to foment discontent . . . or to take a case in order to give his employers the right to act against the organization in question," according to Colonel Victor Kaledin of Imperial Russian Military Intelligence.

Ducote was employed by key Reagan supporters and the John Birch Society. Rees collaborated with the Birch Society and a host of other right-wing groups, feeding them information to harass and embarrass those who opposed their point of view.

Reagan's man, Ducote, and Larry McDonald's crony, John Rees, worked together at the San Francisco-based Western Research, also known as Research West. Ducote secluded himself behind unmarked doors, running a blacklisting service for industry. The results of his spying were added to a repository of information used by Governor Reagan to screen out potential state employees with leftist political tendencies contrary to his own beliefs.

At the same time, photographs of rallies and demonstrations – along with copies of underground newspapers – were supplied to Western Research by agents of the Los Angeles Police Department. In turn, Western Research sold background information on employees and advised corporations about possible risks.

Research West, an incarnation, maintained close ties with law enforcement and corporate data banks, employing spies to feed information to utility companies anxious to identify anti-nuclear activists. Clearly, blacklisting didn't end with the death of Senator Joseph McCarthy. The witch hunt never ceased.

Last January in Los Angeles, the American Civil Liberties Union filed a lawsuit on behalf of 131 law-abiding groups and individuals who were illegally spied upon. Among the defendants in this case were 54 police officers from the LAPD's Public Disorder Intelligence Division.

The law firm representing the defendants was Gibson, Dunn and Crutcher. Curiously enough, Attorney General William French Smith was a partner in that firm. And none other than President Ronald Reagan is a client of Gibson, Dunn and Crutcher in all personal legal matters.

Time was running out for Larry McDonald after many years of stealing, bugging and compiling. He was about to be subpoenaed by a Los Angeles County grand jury. His testimony – particularly the parts relating to the feeding of illegal police intelligence files to his Long Beach computer – could embarrass and even damage a great number of powerful people.

http://www.maebrussell.com/Mae%20Brussell%20Articl...

I think we need to raise the bar a bit higher than giving props to Larry McDonald. This lack of principal, vision and literacy is a large part of what is making us so easy to sabotage in the first place.

Another big issue I am seeing is people who generally do good work affiliating with those whose motivations are beyond being merely suspect. Sander Hicks is a perfect example of this with his many affiliations. Reprehensor is probably the best example of someone who meets this description and is achieving a lot of visibility right now. He promotes the 9/11 Ballot Initiative very frequently, but to do this without a giant red flag pinned on Les Jamieson is something we should not tolerate. We really must make the effort to make these individuals know and if they show that they do not want to know, then we really at minimum must visibly post to everyone of his posts that Les Jamieson = poison pill. These associations right now are one of our major road blocks.

Posted 15 years ago #
  6. Victronix

One of the best responses to terrible events/campaigns is good events/campaigns. They hate it when you do that.

Posted 15 years ago #

You must log in to post.