Forum

TruthMove Forum

TruthMove Forum » TruthMove Main Forum

White House asserts exec privilege over EPA investigation (3 posts)

1. Arabesque

White House asserts exec privilege over EPA investigation By Andrew McLemore http://rawstory.com/news08/2008/06/22/white-house-...

“I don’t think we’ve had a situation like this since Richard Nixon was president,” Rep. Henry A. Waxman said yesterday in an article by the Los Angeles Times.

Waxman was referring to President Bush’s assertion of executive privilege as he refused to turn over subpoenaed documents to a congressional investigation into whether Bush pressured the Environmental Protection Agency to weaken decisions on smog and greenhouse gases... Waxman contends the White House intervened with EPA to produce more industry-friendly outcomes in setting new smog standards and denying California and more than a dozen other states permission to cut greenhouse gas emissions from cars and trucks.

“I have a clear sense that their assertion of this privilege is self-serving and not based on the appropriate law and rules,” Waxman said from the dais of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee hearing room.

Posted 15 years ago #
  2. truthmod
    Administrator

How many times have we heard about this administration flaunting the law like this? One of my biggest questions was why there was never enough support for impeachment. Was it because the democrats feared a backlash for the elections, did they understand that the neocons play hardball and might make their planes crash or pull a false flag attack, or something else?

The media is definitely complicit in never communicating the full, truthful corruption of the Bush administration to the public. Each new scandal comes and goes, with the press still treating these people like a legitimate government with reasonable and lawful explanations for what they do.

The Rule of Law is so blatantly out the window, that you'd think that somewhere in our "democratic" process, things would actually get checked and balanced. But no...

Posted 15 years ago #
  3. JennySparks

I'm surprised to took this long for the twats to apply what they learned from 911--that they could get away with this. Come on, if they could rewrite the EPA report to say the air was safe to breathe at ground zero then this comes as no surprise.

I just wonder why they didn't press this sort of thing sooner.

Posted 15 years ago #

You must log in to post.