Forum

TruthMove Forum

TruthMove Forum » TruthMove Main Forum

Video: Alex Jones interviews Mark Dice. Brandishes gun. (4 posts)

1. truthmover
    Administrator

At the time of posting, this video is the top rated video in the new and politics section of YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xq9vIXLDCV4

Highlights:

0:50 - "People have to get behind people like you Mark and us like never before."

1:40 - "Well there's a lot of weak minded nutcases that love the new world order and they may kill you."

3:03 - Alex brandishes a gun

3:47 - "The whole point is that they are crossing lines that they shouldn't be crossing...There's a lot of unstable people that listen to this show. I mean there are hundreds of thousands of hard core special ops, retired vets, people in there and they are...they know."

Posted 15 years ago #
  2. Arabesque

This is Jones in his typical, theatrical style. While this may be appealing to a certain kind of audience, it doesn't appeal to everyone. Alex Jones has a following that likes his style, and I won't hold that against them. But, flashing a gun suggestively discredits and detracts from the fact that this is about a threat of violence. Now, it is now about theatre. In spite of the fact that this was a "defensive" gesture, to the outsider, it might only appear like radical versus radical.

The death threats are disgusting, and they shouldn't be tolerated, but Reagan is nothing more than a puppet and a sideshow distraction. He certainly should be reported, and condemned, but he's really not worth much of a response besides this. Death threats against family members and activists happen. I've even got a cryptic and strange death threat from a former Pentagon employee in the form of a song on this forum. Most of this is swept under the rug and ignored.

Report the threat, and don't give the attacker more credibility than they deserve. That's what gets them off most of all.

Posted 15 years ago #
  3. truthmod
    Administrator

Good attitude, Arabesque. It's hard to stay calm when people start to get aggressive and threatening, but that is usually the best response.

If any one of us does actually get attacked or killed, it will not look good and there will be a huge response.

Maybe it's already been done, but there should be an archive of all the threats against us by the media and disinfo types...

Posted 15 years ago #
  4. truthmover
    Administrator

Yeah, good post Arabesque. Your whole attitude here is spot on in my view.

I'm familiar with the theatrics of Alex Jones. I find him to be generally irresponsible. This video is a perfect example.

They are talking about death threats and assassination. Alex Jones pulls out a gun. Alex Jones says there are a lot of unstable people who listen to his show.

Not responsible.

Or, as John A put it over at TruthAction:

all of us have received death threats as a result of our involvment in this movement. but - the minute you start brandishing dangerous weapons in publicly distributed videos - you lose the moral higher ground.

our opponents have already attempted to label us as 'potentially violent' and terrorists. start swinging weapons around and you are feeding the perception that this movement is turning 'militant' or 'dangerous' or a 'threat' to the public safety.

veeeeeery poor judgement IMHO.

http://truthaction.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=17257...

Posted 15 years ago #

You must log in to post.