Forum

TruthMove Forum

TruthMove Forum » TruthMove Main Forum

New 9/11 Forum (11 posts)

1. gurich

A new 9/11 forum has been started where Truth is more important than Movement. I expect this will soon be a valuable resource for truth activists and debunkers alike. The forum is completely new and consequently has no posts yet.

http://the911forum.freeforums.org/

Our vision is to provide a home to sincere 9/11 researchers free from biased moderation and abusive tirades from other members.

Mission Statement:

The 9/11 Forum has been created facilitate scientific and evidenced-based discussion on issues surrounding the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001.

Our intent is to bring together sincere researchers, irrespective of creed, for constructive dialog and collaboration on 9/11 issues.

This forum will have no political or organizational affiliations and is not a venue for activist propaganda.

The forum will be open for anyone to read.

Posted 15 years ago #
  2. Arabesque

A new 9/11 forum has been started where Truth is more important than Movement.

The truth is certainly more important than the "movement", but "debating the truth" is not so. Debating issues endlessly is a time wasting diversion that suits the perpetrators of 9/11 most handily.

A perfect example of "debating the truth": You have two separate threads: LIHOP/MIHOP. These are bogus, Orwellian thought-control categories that often result in false "debates". 9/11 was both made and allowed to happen. The "choice" between LIHOP/MIHOP is a false dichotomy since:

1. The planes were allowed to hit the buildings without response from air defenses.
    2. The War games were made to happen.

And so on. I think that many will agree that the truth is more important than the "9/11 truth movement", but what matters is how this truth is disseminated to the public effectively, false/straw-man time wasting debates are avoided, and an effective approach to reaching goals such as justice are the primary concerns of the movement.

Posted 15 years ago #
  3. Arabesque

Looks like some JREF'ers are already a fan of your new site:

2 Send private message Myriad 3 Send private message Newtons Bit http://the911forum.freeforums.org/memberlist.php

Posted 15 years ago #
  4. truthmover
    Administrator

Posted 15 years ago #
  5. gurich

Arabeque,

Thanks for taking a look and giving some feedback.

I think truth activists can be effective and useful by focusing on the truth, justice, or both. Hopefully the new forum will contribute to a better understanding of what actually happened. Currently, those focusing primarily on justice are missing part of the truth and that makes their message ineffective as they can easily be cast as frauds or idiots.

Your point is well taken regarding LIHOP vs MIHOP. If anyone actively, and with intent, aided and abetted the terrorists it's MIHOP. If someone could have acted to prevent the terrorists and didn't, with intent, that's LIHOP. If someone could have acted to prevent the terrorists and didn't, without intent, that's incompetence (or laziness) or a simple failure of a complicated organizational system. I should have a thread for this as well. Of course it is possible that some people we involved in MIHOP and other people were involved in LIHOP or that certain individuals were involved in both. That is no reason not to discuss the evidence for all of the above.

So I agree that one does not exclude the other. That is why the forum topics are set up to examine the evidence of both. I deliberately set up the "Comparison of General Theories Topic" to separate arguments of LIHOP vs MIHOP from the substantial discussion. I'm hoping the structure will provide focus. Anyone wishing to avoid what they consider a waste of time can simply keep to the more substantial discussions. It is rather presumptuous to assume that people can not decide for themselves which issues they feel it is important to disscuss or pursue. Everyone needs to find their own path. Feel free to post your opinion on the uselessness of comparing LIHOP and MIHOP on the "Comparison" topic. I think it is a useful point that will help people orient themselves.

I make no secret of the fact that I have invited knowlegeble Truthers, Debunkers and people who are undecided. I have trouble imagining progress towards a better understanding without views different perspectives. The moderation policy will be strict and no one will be allowed to behave in the manner that is common on JREF.

/Greg

Posted 15 years ago #
  6. gurich

Clarification:

Membership is only open to knowlegable people with a commitment to constructive dialog and the moderation policy and will be strict and no one will be allowed to behave in the manner that is common on JREF. We may eventually have an open section, but we don't have enough moderators to support that yet.

Posted 15 years ago #
  7. truthmod
    Administrator

The truth is certainly more important than the "movement", but "debating the truth" is not so. Debating issues endlessly is a time wasting diversion that suits the perpetrators of 9/11 most handily.

Well said, this is why I haven't been involved in recent detail-oriented posts.

Posted 15 years ago #
  8. JennySparks

I checked it out. Something to consider. I'm not so sure what the objection to "movement" is though. The point is to get support for a new investigation.

Posted 15 years ago #
  9. gurich

No objection to the Movement. I am a supporter of a new investigation. As I have said before, I think our efforts will be compromised by relying on unsupported claims. That's why I'm more focused on the truth and I hope this will contribute to more effective activism.

Posted 15 years ago #
  10. Manatus

Interesting, yet IMHO something seems odd about this new site.

Posted 15 years ago #
  11. gurich

Care to elaborate?

Posted 15 years ago #

You must log in to post.