Forum

TruthMove Forum

TruthMove Forum » TruthMove Main Forum

Police infiltrate activist groups, Intel catalogs them as terrorists (4 posts)

1. truthmover
    Administrator

Maryland Police Infiltrated Activist Groups, Turned Over Information to Feds, Listed Citizens in Database as Committing Anti-War and Anti-Government Terrorism

Undercover Maryland state troopers infiltrated three groups advocating peace and protesting the death penalty — attending meetings and sending reports on their activities to U.S. intelligence and military agencies, according to documents released Thursday.

The activist was identified as Max Obuszewski. His “primary crime” was entered into the database as “terrorism - anti govern(ment).” His “secondary crime” was listed as “terrorism - anti-war protestors.” The database is known as the Washington-Baltimore High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area, or HIDTA.

http://cryptogon.com/?p=2981

"Most of what is commonly referred to as “political activism” is viewed by the corporate state’s counterinsurgency apparatus as a useful and necessary component of political control.

Political activism amounts to an utterly useless waste of time, in terms of tangible power, which is all the American Corporate State understands. Political activism is a cruel guise that is sold to people who are dissatisfied, but who have no concept of the nature of tangible power. Counterinsurgency teams routinely monitor these activities, attend the meetings, join the groups and take on leadership roles in the organizations."

— Militant Electronic Piracy

Posted 15 years ago #
  2. truthmover
    Administrator

COINTELPRO Comes to My Town: My First-Hand Experience With Government Spies Dave Zirin

In classified reports compiled by the Maryland State Police and the Department of Homeland Security, I am "Dave Z." This nickname was given by an undercover agent known to us as "Lucy." She sat in our meetings of the Campaign to End the Death Penalty, smiling and engaged, taking copious notes about actions deemed threatening by the Governor of Maryland, Robert Ehrlich.

This is COINTELPRO pure and simple. Like the infamous counter-intelligence program whose heyday many assume was a relic the 1950s and 1960s, it's an effort to harass the innocent and breed paranoia, all for daring to question power.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dave-zirin/cointelpr...

Posted 15 years ago #
  3. JennySparks

Political activism amounts to an utterly useless waste of time, in terms of tangible power, which is all the American Corporate State understands. Political activism is a cruel guise that is sold to people who are dissatisfied, but who have no concept of the nature of tangible power

And when you try to explain to some how tangible power works, they whine about how "it wont work" without even wanting to give it a go.

Mind, its no mystery now what their game was:

http://www.911blogger.com/node/16695

Hmm, maybe a Freedom of Information Suit is in order...

Posted 15 years ago #
  4. truthmod
    Administrator

I don't completely agree with the Cryptogon dismissiveness of political activism, but I do appreciate and respect the perspective. The guy lives in New Zealand on an organic farm ( http://farmlet.co.nz/ ). He really did put his money where his mouth is. And it's not like he gave up and is only looking out for himself--he probably has thousands of readers who he genuinely wants to inform and help. He might not like to admit it, but he's still directly involved in political activism.

I think his main point is in critiquing people who want to put on the guise of progressive activism while still enjoying the luxuries and fueling the atrocities of the prevailing culture.

Most of us have not disengaged significantly from the mainstream economy and culture. I think we need to listen to people who have.

Posted 15 years ago #

You must log in to post.