Forum

TruthMove Forum

TruthMove Forum » TruthMove Main Forum

Blessed Unrest: How the Largest Social Movement in History Is Restoring Grace... (3 posts)

1. nornnxx65

anyone read this? I have not, but it sounds interesting, and instructive for the 9/11 Truth Movement. Truths ignored by the power structure just end up uniting people in the grassroots anyway?

The civil rights movement hasn't entirely succeeded, but a lot of reforms have been made, and now racists are generally in the closet, though they've been coming out of the woodwork since a black man got appointed to be the fake left Republocrat in the 08 prez race.

I recall seeing an article some years ago referencing a sociological study that showed attitudes become more tolerant with each new generation.

Blessed Unrest: How the Largest Social Movement in History Is Restoring Grace, Justice, and Beauty to the World http://www.blessedunrest.com/

Posted 15 years ago #
  2. truthmod
    Administrator

I have read most of it. It's a little unrealistically optimistic to me, but it is good to recognize that there is a massive movement growing against the destructiveness of modern civilization. I'm more of a fan of Derrick Jensen and I think he inspires more energy and determination.

http://www.derrickjensen.org/

Posted 15 years ago #
  3. nornnxx65

thanks for the jensen link; i skimmed his site and a 1/2 dozen reviews; seems he believes that industrial/modern civilization is inherently unsustainable and in our generation we are witnessing the breakdown of it, which will force a return to the earth, localism and community? And that people should hasten this? Or what does he advocate?

Being a sociology major (i started pursuing a degree in Network Administration January this year, took a sociology class for my gen ed and realized it's something that's fascinated me my whole life, i just didn't know that's what it was called), i was mainly taken by blessed unrest's premise (what i've gleaned from its site and a few reviews) that the People's of the world are uniting in an global movement to restore balance, sanity and harmony to our economic and social systems, that we are participating in this individually and collectively, even unwittingly- that it's almost like a defensive/immune response of Homo Sapiens from becoming aware of environmental limitations (resource strain/breakdown, pollution, social turmoil, etc.) by the increasing disease and suffering in the body of humanity. Correlates with new discoveries in health research, that have been understood by other cultures (particularly India/China) that focus on maximizing health and vitality, not responding to illness/disease after it's already made one sick. Bad parasites have trouble getting a foothold in a healthy body; seems there would be parallels for societies, too.

Also, if my interpretation without reading the book is correct, blessed unrest is saying this movement is happening and its huge, but people don't realize it cuz the TV/radio/print media are ignoring it, cuz it doesn't make $ for them, and is actually a threat to their paradigm, and their corporate parents.

I don't think i'm unrealistic (could be wrong), but i am optimistic. The invention of writing, the printing press, radio, TV, computers, the web and many other inventions have empowered people and individuals and have been used for evil, sure, but have also made the world and the human race wiser and more capable. The time to each next key event has been consistently arriving sooner than the last- part of this is because with each development, everyone benefits and is made that much smarter and more powerful because of the work done by everyone else present, and everyone preceding; knowledge builds on existing knowledge. I don't see any reason to believe this trend won't continue; it's been consistent since the big bang, and was evident before Homo Sapiens Sapiens.

Chrisc suggested a "God, the Universe and Everything" section- i vote for that, the 9/11 Truth Movement is dealing with issues of truth, justice, politics, economics, society, etc., imho, these are all fundamentally "spiritual" issues in the sense that they're dealing with deep realities and the nature and meaning of "life". We don't like those using "false-flag" terror events to manipulate and exploit us, our families, friends and neighbors. We believe they're destructive to life and community. We like and love life. But is it just a matter of preference, dog eat god, law of the jungle- or is "false-flag" terror something that should be defended against? Considering the Federal Reserve's atrocious management of the People's money system since 1913, i.e. the dollar's declined in value by more than 90%, even as the economy has grown tremendously thanks to tech advances, no thanks to the economic and social manipulations of "elite" parasites, transparency and a level playing fields will foster increased productivity and true merit/best ideas rising, besides being "just" and "right", which are subjective and can't be measured with scientific instruments (that have been invented so far). I just noticed there's no section for monetary reform, i vote for one that, too- plus if you have any good links, haven't researched it heavily and am not all sure who to trust yet, i'm not a "conservative", but agree that people should be self-responsible (i'm absolutely opposed to corporate welfare and influence on the political proces) but G. Edward Griffin seems to be one of those conservatives who are on the side of the people, liberty, truth and justice. He's written a number of 9/11 truth related articles, too. Dismissed "no 757" hit the Pentagon claims as there's no actual evidence for "no 757", and there is evidence for a 757

Burning Questions: What Really Happened at the Pentagon on 9/11? http://www.freedomforceinternational.org/pdf/burni...

The Future is Calling- 4 part series, broad-ranging http://www.freedomforceinternational.org/pdf/futur...

BBC REPORTED COLLAPSE OF WTC BUILDING 7 BEFORE IT FELL! But that may not mean what you think http://freedom-force.org/printerfriendly.cfm?pffil...

FLIGHT 93: "LET'S ROLL!" http://www.freedomforceinternational.org/pdf/fligh...

Posted 15 years ago #

You must log in to post.