Forum

TruthMove Forum

TruthMove Forum » TruthMove Main Forum

Open Letter: Disinformation and Disruption within the 9/11 Truth Movement (1 post)

1. Arabesque

An Open Letter about the Subject of Disinformation and Disruption within the 9/11 Truth Movement http://arabesque911.blogspot.com/2008/09/open-lett...

By Arabesque

It is true that the corporate sponsored media will ridicule the 9/11 truth movement regardless of what it promotes. However, this does not therefore mean that we should give them as much ammunition as possible to discredit by association the real questions and contradictions of the 9/11 "official story". This is a disservice to the family members who wanted their real questions answered in the first place. As explained by Thomas Pynchon, “If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about answers.” I believe that the 9/11 truth movement has to be aware of how it can be discredited instead of simply taking a passive approach to dealing with the issue of disinformation and misinformation. Otherwise, we are playing right into the hands of those who wish to discredit the 9/11 truth movement itself.

This issue is not simply limited to the problem of “controversial theories”. Ad hominem attacks and disruption are an equally important issue. Should members of 9/11 truth movement demand accountability from its leaders when they engage in destructive behavior and promote damaging information or speculation? I think the answer is clear: we cannot afford not to.

To provide some context, a letter was emailed to 9/11 truth leaders expressing concern about Jesse Ventura's support for Kevin Barrett and Jim Fetzer. I was included on the list of recipients. For some strange reason, the original emails were eventually forwarded to Kevin Barret, Rolf Lindgren (his PR manager who called 9/11 truth activists at truthaction.org "bat shit insane" for criticizing Kevin Barrett), Jim Fetzer, and other controversial people. It makes me wonder who would do such a thing. Of course, we know what happened next: The mud started flinging.

After receiving an email from Jim Fetzer (and ignoring the contents of it), I decided it would be a good time to express my concerns about the behavior of certain 9/11 truth "leaders". A version of this letter was sent to 9/11 truth leaders a few days ago. I did not include discussion of the ST911 break-up or discussion of Jim Fetzer.

Posted 15 years ago #

You must log in to post.