Forum

TruthMove Forum

TruthMove Forum » TruthMove Main Forum

Its time i speak my mind.... (5 posts)

1. mightyguy23q

So, on this 7th anniversary of 9/11 i sit back, and as many Americans (i presume) I get as angry as i was 7 years ago. But instead of getting on my computer and crying conspiracy...I did something. Having just returned from Iraq, and being a NYC resident my entire life, I feel my opinion is valid. I may be a little late, but i cannot hold my tongue any longer. Quite simply I have to give a big F!!!! U!!!! to all of you people who honestly believe our own government is responsible for 9/11. I have read the conspiracy theories, and know that many people, including those who have lost loved ones that gruesome day, are actually backing these theories. Believe it or not....but there are people in this world that HATE YOU!!! Not only do they hate you, but they want you dead. Its sad..and yes hard to imagine...but if these people had the chance...they would kill you and your family and it would make them happy. 9/11 was a display of this hatred. I have witnessed this first hand. I am a democrat and lean to the left on many issues....but for those of you who feel that our own government is responsible for something so gruesome as 9/11,....Well, i couldnt sleep another night without telling you from the bottom of my heart you are wrong. This is the greatest country in the world. 9/11 was terrorist coc*******s attempt to destroy everything we as americans stand for. When we reflect and remember 911 we should not think of conspiricies and deception...but remorse and compassion to those lost, and those who continue to give their lives for this WAR on terrorism. God bless.

Posted 15 years ago #
  2. JohnA

I appreciate the fact that you are communicating this in a respectful way – given your strong feelings.

Let me try to explain why the 911 Truth movement exists.

You are no stranger to tragedy. As a member of the military who has served in Iraq you understand the value of human life – the necessity for accountability and integrity whenever it becomes necessary to put Americans in harm’s way. It is estimated that over 1 million Iraqis have died as a result of our invasion – in addition to the thousands of Americans in uniform. For this reason – as members of a democratic country that should embody the very sane democratic values that America espouses to defend – and fight – and die for – we have responsibilities as Americans. Do we not have responsibilities as citizens?

Democracy is a participatory form of government. Demanding accountability from our selected leaders is the cornerstone of that principal.

It is for that reason that the excuses that were given – that have taken us to war in Iraq - have become the center of debate. We simply received too many ‘facts’ from an American administration hell bent on war that SIMPLY WERE INCORRECT.

9/11 is no different. No one here is suggesting that you believe that 9/11 was an inside job.

But – as an American we do remind you that you have a responsibility to demand honest answers from your elected officials. There are many ways to fight for democracy. One way is your HONORABLE service in the armed forces. Another equally honorable way to serve democracy is to continually work to ensure that Americans are not put in harms way based on lies.

Certainly you can agree with that much.

So. As a starting point – this is where 9/11 becomes problematic. I would direct you to the following quote by Thomas Kean – Executive Director of the 9/11 Commission: "We to this day don't know why NORAD [the North American Aerospace Command] told us what they told us," said Thomas H. Kean, the former New Jersey Republican governor who led the commission. "It was just so far from the truth. . . . It's one of those loose ends that never got tied." "I was shocked at how different the truth was from the way it was described," John Farmer, a former New Jersey attorney general who led the staff inquiry into events on Sept. 11, said in a recent interview. "The tapes told a radically different story from what had been told to us and the public for two years. . . . This is not spin. This is not true."

As a man of honor and service – I ask you – is this acceptable?

So we have a problem here. As Americans in defense of democratic ideals we are faced with the prospect of an administration that refuses to answer the most fundamental questions associated with 9/11 – and their failure to scramble jets to defend our nation’s capital – and the heart of our military industrial complex. As Americans that paid millions for an 9/11 commission in which the executive commissioner himself declares that we have been lied to – resulting in thousands of deaths on American soil – do we NOT have the responsibility to cry foul?

But this is just one example. I certainly could provide many more.

As an honorable and apparently honest member of the armed forces – who comes here seeking to express his feelings about the persistent nature of the 9/11 Truth movement – would I be out of line in asking you why you would remain unconcerned about facts like these?

Is the Executive Director of the 9/11 Commission himself not a valid enough source?

Please note – there are no conspiracy theories present in my post. I am simply asking you why you would fight for democracy on the battlefields of this administration’s choosing – without also fighting for the truth behind the very justifications behind the war?

How should be honor our fallen, sir? With monuments – or by demanding the truth?

Posted 15 years ago #
  3. Arabesque

I support John's comment above.

The 9/11 attacks have to be completely understood.

Can planes simply fly where they want without response from NORAD?

There are standard procedures for a reason. Why were they not followed?

Why did NORAD change its story no less than three times for its failure? Why was no one punished for this? Why was no one held accountible for these failures? Why were officials promoted instead of being held accountible? http://arabesque911.blogspot.com/2007/11/911-incom...

These are not conspiracy "theories". It is a fact that not one single government official has been reprimanded for 9/11. Why not?

The only people "punished" for the 9/11 attacks were in fact, whistleblowers like Kevin Ryan, Edmonds, other FBI agents, and others who question the official story. That is a strange thing, indeed.

Why did the government LIE about air quality at ground zero? People are dying for these lies.

The White House deliberately pressured the EPA into giving false public assurances that the toxic air at Ground Zero was safe to breathe. This knowingly contributed to an as-yet unknown number of health cases and fatalities, and demonstrates that the administration does consider the lives of American citizens to be expendable on behalf of certain interests.

THE TOP 40 REASONS TO DOUBT THE OFFICIAL STORY OF SEPTEMBER 11th, 2001 http://www.911truth.org/article.php?story=20041221...

These questions barely scratch the surface.

Posted 15 years ago #
  4. truthmod
    Administrator

Thanks John and Arabesque for the reminders of why 9/11 MUST be questioned. It's not a choice between totally believing the government story vs. thinking the government planned and carried it out. If we don't question our government and hold them accountable, we do not deserve democracy. Democracy is participatory; that's the only way it can exist.

The main problem is that the controlling powers have conditioned the populace to equate "patriotism," "freedom," and even "democracy," with acquiescence and non-questioning.

I also appreciate the original poster's perspective. But I must say that those who dismiss everything we (the 9/11 TM) say, simply because they think our conclusions are "crazy," are doing themselves and their nation a great disservice.

I hope the original poster cares enough to come back and read these responses.

Posted 15 years ago #
  5. JV

I realize this was stream of consciousness writing...

"Quite simply I have to give a big F!!!! U!!!! to all of you people who honestly believe our own government is responsible for 9/11. I have read the conspiracy theories, and know that many people, including those who have lost loved ones that gruesome day, are actually backing these theories. Believe it or not....but there are people in this world that HATE YOU!!! Not only do they hate you, but they want you dead. Its sad..and yes hard to imagine...but if these people had the chance...they would kill you and your family and it would make them happy."

but the first time I read that I thought he was saying that OCT believers had that sort of hate for truthers. That is to say, he has that kind of hate pointed towards the 9/11 truth movement. Seems rather disrespectful if you ask me.

My reaction? Deal with your own anger. Hatred is not new, I choose not to participate in it. 9/11 Truth is a peace movement.

Posted 15 years ago #

You must log in to post.