Forum

TruthMove Forum

TruthMove Forum » TruthMove Main Forum

TruthMove hits the streets! New NYC Action page. Pics. (4 posts)

1. truthmover
    Administrator

TruthMove hits the streets! New NYC Action page. Pics.

We've taken the next big step in the development of our organization, bringing our message into our community through public action. Emergency Public Education! Have a look at the new NYC Direct Action page. Don't miss our Action Journal at the bottom, and our Photo Gallery. Both will be updated after each action we take.

http://www.truthmove.org/action/nyaction.html

If you are in NYC, and interested in joining our effort at public education, check out the website, our Intro page, our Action Guidelines, and contact us here:

http://www.truthmove.org/sendmail.php

Let us know a bit about your interest and experience.

Posted 17 years ago #
  2. budfox

Great Site....New Here

I liked hearing the no BS accounts of responses or lack of responses from passerbys. I live in Santa Fe, NM, and here we many people are dis-believeing of the "official story". "Loose Change", the very flawed film, played here for several months with two showings per week. Afterwords there would be a moderated discussion among those interested in sharing their thoughts.

Many progressive friends are skeptical of 9/11 truth in general. They are quite ignorant of WTC research done by Stephen Jones and others. They bring up "no planes" or "cruise missile" and laugh. The demolition of WTC 1,2 &7 should be the area to educate the ignorant, as it has the most scientific evidence to refute the "official story".

Posted 17 years ago #
  3. truthmod
    Administrator

thanks...sounds like you've got the right idea

TruthMove is very conscious of using the most reputable, scientific, and well-sourced evidence. We feel that the sensationalism and overzealousness of some wings of the movement can turn many people off. Take a look at our flyer or 9/11 truth page for a quick rundown of the evidence we like to promote.

http://www.truthmove.org/insight/911.html

Controlled demolition certainly does have a lot of scientific evidence to back it up, but to some people it just sounds too incredible, but of course to many people the whole idea of government complicity is too incredible. I guess it all depends on who you're audience is. We must be flexible and sympathetic in order to open people's minds.

Posted 17 years ago #
  4. truthmover
    Administrator

In reference to which evidence we use.

The following was a post to 911Blogger by Jon Gold:

http://www.911blogger.com/node/3399

"Can You Show That 9/11 Was An "Inside Job" Without...

Mentioning any of the following:

1) Controlled Demolition 2) A Missile Struck The Pentagon 3) Mini-Nukes At The WTC 4) "TV Fakery" 5) Evidence Was Planted 6) Video/Audio Are Fake 7) Witnesses Are Actors

This is a simple exercise to show people that knowledge is power."

And the answer that he had in mind was, 'YES!' The documentary evidence alone is enough to make the case. However, from a promotional standpoint, there are a select group of key facts, some of them in the areas of research above, that are more effective in generating curiosity and skepticism.

The debate within the movement about what we use to promote the issue and educate the uninitiated is a debate that makes clear who has promotional savvy, and who does not. This isn't a simple matter, but its also not rocket science. Having experience with advertising, commercial promotion, and customer service, makes you better at this.

I've been feeling a bit frustrated that so many in the movement seem to run before they can walk, out of an understandable desperation to do something. If you aren't a graphic designer, ask one for help making a flyer. If you don't have any educational experience, ask someone who does about the best ways to reach an audience. If you don't know what is our best evidence, ask someone who does. Or look it up. The internet makes this easy.

We all have to acknowledge our limitations as well as the multi-faceted nature of our strategic concerns. We can't be good at everything, and we shouldn't stubbornly do things wrong because we are afraid or too proud to ask for directions. I don't know much about web design. I don't know much about organizing a symposium. I've never written a book. In fact, I feel quite ignorant at all times, despite my education. That feeling of emptiness drives my progress.

For activists its not enough to just know the facts. If we are going to promote this issue and educate others, we have to develop skills as promoters and educators. One great way to take some of that burden off your shoulders is to work with people who have complimentary skills. Three people working together can equal one brilliant person.

So let's stay on our toes everyone.

Posted 17 years ago #

You must log in to post.