Forum

TruthMove Forum

TruthMove Forum » TruthMove Main Forum

Michael Parenti: CONSPIRACY & CLASS POWER (4 posts)

1. chrisc

From TUC Radio:

One of Parenti's most influential archival speeches

This is one of the most influential speeches by the noted scholar and author Michael Parenti. It is an in-depth analysis of the modern state and the exercise of power behind the scenes. This speech is also an important historic document. Given in 1993 it issues a warning of the use of deception to justify going to war. The speech also explains the expansion of the deregulated free market that would lead to a financial crisis as we see it today.

The speech on Conspiracy and Class Power was lost for several years and only recently discovered in the collection of a listener in Seattle. Michael Parenti spoke before an overflow audience in Berkeley, CA

Michael Parenti is an internationally known author and lecturer. He received his Ph.D. in political science from Yale in 1962 and is one of the nation's leading progressive political thinkers. His highly informative and entertaining books and talks have reached a wide range of audiences in North America and abroad. His books include Democracy for the Few, Superpatriotism, The Assassination of Julius Caesar, History as Mystery, and Contrary Notions.

http://tucradio.org/new.html

Posted 15 years ago #
  2. emanuel

In 1996 at the "Active Resistance" anarchist conference in Chicago (during the DNC), I challenged Michael Albert (editor of Z Magazine) on his position that there was no conspiracy involved in the JFK assassination. I brought up Michael Parenti's excellent critique of the Chomsky/Albert position. Michael Albert's response was simply, "Parenti is a Trotskyist."

When David Ray Griffin's first book came out, Howard Zinn wrote an endorsement for the back cover. I challenged Michael Albert again, this time on his position that there was no complicity in 9/11. I mentioned Howard Zinn's endorsement of a new book on the topic. Michael Albert's response was, "If Howard wrote something like that he must be going senile."

Emanuel

Posted 15 years ago #
  3. truthmod
    Administrator

The only possibilities are either that these people have an irrational, unchangeable world view, that they don't want to look ridiculous or lose stature, or that they are consciously deceiving others. I would go with the former two for most of the establishment lefties, but that's pretty sad, because these people present themselves as independent thinking, rational, authorities, and many people fall in line with their proclamations.

Nick and I interviewed Chris Parenti and he seemed much less open to the idea of conspiracy than his father.

Posted 15 years ago #
  4. chrisc

Michael Albert's response was simply, "Parenti is a Trotskyist."

LOL

Posted 15 years ago #

You must log in to post.