Forum

TruthMove Forum

TruthMove Forum » TruthMove Main Forum

Peak Oil denier on Visibility-911 (9 posts)

1. Diane

On Michael Wolsey's Visibility-911 site, I just now noticed the following:

Visibility 9-11 Welcomes Pastor Lindsey Williams

This week Visibility 9-11 welcomes author of The Energy Non Crisis, Pastor Lindsey Williams. Pastor Williams is a whistle blower who worked for three years as Chaplin on the Trans-Alaska Pipeline construction project where he learned that there is no shortage of oil in the world and that elites have formulated a plan to use oil as a mechanism to control the world. Pastor Williams' warnings and predictions have since came to pass in the nearly 30 years since his experience in Alaska. Pastor Williams makes predictions for the price of crude oil in this episode and discusses the crumbling myth of "peak oil". This is a must hear interview for everyone who wishes to understand the recent surge in gasoline prices to over $3.00 a gallon.

The above is dated September 7th, 2008. I looked back in the TruthMove forum to see if you had any threads about this back then. I didn't find any such thread. So, I figured it might be worthwhile to call attention to it, albeit belatedly. Perhaps someone here at TruthMove might want to respond on Michael Wolsey's show, at some point?

It seems obvious to me that there is a looming oil crisis (even though I don't agree with some people that that, in itself, is the main motive for empire-building).

Posted 15 years ago #
  2. chrisc

I looked back in the TruthMove forum to see if you had any threads about this back then. I didn't find any such thread.

You missed this one, I found it using Google:

http://www.truthmove.org/forum/topic/831

Posted 15 years ago #
  3. Diane

Thanks for finding that thread.

In it, I found no mention of anyone contacting Michael Wolsey to volunteer to give a contrary point of view on some future radio show of his. I wonder how committed he is to the Alex Jones-esque paradigm, and whether he would be open to hearing other points of view.

I think someone here SHOULD contact him, preferably someone who has done a lot of study of environmental issues.

Posted 15 years ago #
  4. mark

Obviously, the Earth is only 6,000 years old, so the theory of plate tectonics is also disinformation from the Illuminati to confuse the sheeple. Must be true if it's on a website somewhere.

Seriously, most of the oil found in Alaska has already been extracted, it peaked in 1988, twenty years ago.

If the pastor was correct, then that would mean that oil pollution will be worse than it otherwise might be, although the Alex Jones crowd also denies the impact of filling up the thin film of the atmosphere with soot. It's another reason why Peak Oil and Climate change are inseparable issues, and more evidence that there is very little interest in fact checking in the "New Truth" movement.

http://www.oilempire.us/alaska.html

http://www.oilempire.us/911peakoil.html 9/11 and Peak Oil are inseparable issues

http://www.oilempire.us/dots.html Connected Dots

Posted 15 years ago #
  5. Diane

So, has anyone here volunteered to appear on Michael Wolsey's show? (Preferably someone who has studied the oil crisis in much more depth than I have?)

Posted 15 years ago #
  6. truthmod
    Administrator

First of all, I think "denier" can be an antagonistic term to use.

I don't keep up on everything that Michael Wolsey does. Has he consistently pushed PO skepticism? What are his personal views on the topic? If this was a fairly isolated example or if he has also had PO supporters on his show, then I wouldn't tend to worry about it.

It couldn't hurt to have someone who can speak to the big picture (PO, enviro crisis, etc.) on his show though...

Posted 15 years ago #
  7. Diane

You're right that "denier" is perhaps an unnecessarily antagonistic term.

I don't keep up with everything Michael Wolsey does either. Looking at the first page of his archives, I don't find other PO skeptics per se, but I do find some other Alex Jones-esque folks such as Jason Charles of Truth Alliance Network -- note the mention of "the New World Order" and Aaron Russo. Another example is Matt Sullivan of the Rock Creek Free Press. I don't find any environmentalists offhand.

Most of Wolsey's shows focus just on 9/11, not on any larger context. However, the few shows that do present a larger context do so from an AJ-esque perspective.

So, I think it would be desirable for someone from TruthMove to appear on Michael Wolsey's show, as a counterbalance to the AJ-esque folks.

Posted 15 years ago #
  8. Diane

I just now found what appears to be some outright bigotry on the part of one person Wolsey has hosted: Mark Watterson, author of a book titled Don't Weep for Me America; How Democracy in America Became the Prince, whose website contains a FAQ which includes the following question:

If The War On Terror Is Real, And The Enemy Is Islamic Fundamentalism, Then Why Do We Allow Mosques in America To Operate ...?

Hello? Doesn't this guy know the difference between Islam in general and Islamist terrorism? At the very least, this question is very poorly worded.

Posted 15 years ago #
  9. Diane

On the plus side, Wolsey does seem to understand the problem of discrediting by association. That being the case, hopefully he'll understand (or can be easily convinced) that it's not a good idea to pigeonhole 9/11 as a right wing libertarian issue. That being the case, if he's going to present topics beyond just 9/11, hopefully it won't be too hard to convince him that he shouldn't confine himself to a right wing libertarian point of view, but should also have people with other political points of view as well, for balance if nothing else.

Posted 15 years ago #

You must log in to post.