Forum

TruthMove Forum

TruthMove Forum » TruthMove Main Forum

Steve Alten's latest silliness. Spanish language only. (2 posts)

1. truthmover
    Administrator

More weirdness from Steve Alten.

So I was on the subway on my way to the airport flying home to California and I looked over and saw the name Steve Alten on a book I hadn't seen before. It was a version in Spanish, or so I thought at the time.

The book was called "El Testamento Maya" or "The Mayan Testament (Will)" And the subtitle (in Spanish) was "December 12, 2012. The day the Mayan calendar ends"

So I just went over to Steve Alten's website and found that it wasn't included.

http://www.stevealten.com/

Here's the official website for the book. It's pretty flashy.

http://www.eltestamentomaya.com

And here is a video made to promote it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10iy8NamB0g

And a bad translation of a summary.

December 21, 2012. The day the Mayan calendar ends. Throughout the centuries, scientists have thought that this data was simply an historical curiosity. After many years of investigation, the well-known archaeologist Julius Gabriel discovers the truth about the Mayan calendar, an old truth so powerful that it could reveal the unfortunate destiny of Humanity. The investigations of Julius complete an old puzzle whose pieces are scattered across the planet, from Stonehenge to the ancient Mayan ruins. Secrets of the origins of the civilization and the last destiny of the Humanity are within reach of Julius, when something unexpected happens...

More evidence that Alten has made his fortune exploiting people's interest in pseudo-science and folklore. But why did this book get pushed only at the Spanish speaking audience. Perhaps he wanted to penetrate and exploit the Spanish speaking market and learned that this subject would sell better there than in the English speaking market.

Whatever the logic or agenda behind this, let's recall that this is the guy that many prominent 9/11 truthers wanted to widely represent the movement.

Steve Alten is a hack.

Posted 15 years ago #
  2. JohnA

DaVinci Code wannabe bullshit.

all you have to do is look at the laundry list of books this guy wrote to see that he is a liability to 9/11, since he primarily deals in fantasy.

He once claimed in an interview that he had proof that the Lochness Monster exists.

too bad - because i really do find the Mayan calendar fascinating. but he will no doubt mix science with fantasy and fiction.

i have no problem with this sort of writing. in fact i enjoy books like this - just as long as it is clear that, like the DaVinci Code, it is just fiction.

what makes Mt Alten a REPUGNANT human being is that he took a real life tragedy like 9/11 and decided to play with the concepts of 9/11 Truth to enrich himself financially - while setting back the credibility of those legitimate citizens who still seek answers.

Posted 15 years ago #

You must log in to post.