Forum

TruthMove Forum

TruthMove Forum » TruthMove Main Forum

Bought Ruppert's New Book (32 posts)

1. newcomer

Truthmod - thanks for the reply. I found it most helpful. One senses that researchers here have 'moved through' and then 'moved beyond' the details. But for newcomers like myself, 'proving the case to ourselves' is one of the steps we inevitably take during the psychological task of absorbing inconvenient or dissonant truths.

I would almost venture that one (or more) of you should write A Brief History of My Time In the 911 Truth Movement, with an emphasis on how the disinformation was encountered and then countered. This would be most instructive to newcomers (like myself) who arrive at the 911 door week after week, drawn in by an article or a friend's comment. Our search for valid information begins.

We might first find Judy Wood or Fetzer. It takes a lot more reading to discover how discredited they are. Their disinformation methods become instructive in themselves!

We might then find Alex Jones - who puts us off as the archetypal American sterotype - loud, megaphoned, brash, sensationalist. We put him aside and continue searching; searching for the 'good Americans' we know are out there somewhere; Americans we might begin to trust.

As I mentioned above, 911 is not merely an American problem.

America, as an hegemonic power, has been 'experienced' for decades by others around the globe in the political, economic and cultural sense. It is hardly surprising that so many around the world have an opinion on 'America.' While '911' was designed primarily to Shock and Awe an Anglo-American First World constituency, it was thrust in the rest of the world's faces, too, and wielded as a threat and a warning to us.

Posted 15 years ago #
  2. newcomer

On a second issue, may I take a moment to respond to GiveBack's comment about Victronix's comment on the Holocaust.

Yes, I agree that "that comparison can be horrendously misconstrued with ease."

I did not feel the writer used it in any kind of malicious way, so I suppose one has to assess these kinds of comparisons case-by-case and on their own merits.

Other comparisons can be drawn.

One might compare instead to the Nazi-hunters who sifted through endless, horrendous evidence in order to expose the truth of WW2 crimes and hunt down the criminals.

Was that 'obsessive' or effective?

One might also compare instead to the small bands of South African anti-apartheid activists/journalists - who sifted painstakingly through evidence of torture (including waterboarding) at VlakPlaas, and the endless 'he-slipped-on-soap-in-the-shower-and-died' deaths of no-trial detainees at the notorious John Vorster Square and the crude death of leader Steven Biko in the back of a police van.

Many of these activists spent every waking hour examining evidence to be taken to court or exposed to the world or printed in the one or two courageous anti-apartheid newspapers that pushed the censorship envelope to the limit.

Would one describe these activists as 'spending their free time obsessively viewing every retrievable scrap of evidence of apartheid police atrocities'?

Or might we describe them as people of high morals, who held their research to high standards, and devoted their (unpaid) free time to a cause they felt needed uncovering in the name of humanity?

Posted 15 years ago #
  3. truthmover
    Administrator

Newcomer,

I went back and fixed your posts. Please put two paragraph returns (a visible space) between paragraphs if you want them to be visible. And indents don't work and can mess up your formatting.

Thanks.

Posted 15 years ago #
  4. emanuel

Hey newcomer,

I wrote just what you have suggested. I didn't name names, because doing that publicly gets you in deep doo doo, but I describe a lot of their tactics. Check it out here:

http://www.septembereleventh.org/five_years_later....

Emanuel

Posted 15 years ago #
  5. newcomer

Hey, hey, nice clean posts. Thank you, truthmover!

Emanuel, many thanks. You read my (somewhat convoluted) request well and supplied me with the type of article I was looking for. Well written and worth a wider reading, imo. With your permission I will be pointing it out to others.

Deconstructing the disinfo methods and parsing the pejorative language used against the 911 movement is important; much can be learned from this, as you say. I work with young college students and am currently empowering them to 'deconstruct' the emotional language of adverts and the Orwellian speak of the media. '911' as a self-contained narrative (comprising the official verbiage and the dissenting arguments) actually provides a good case study in this respect.

I am struck with your arguments for the felling of the three WTC buildings. Apart from needing to destroy evidence of the planes themselves (which might have yielded very interesting information indeed); the Shock and Awe psychological effect was paramount.

It is a psychological fact that people tend to be shocked, subdued and awed by superior technology/fire-power. Spectacular demolition with a new state-of-the-art explosive shuts people up - and shuts their critical thinking down - for ages, or at least until the civilian scientists get up to speed with the military 'box of tricks'.

It's an old trick of empire and colony.

Back in the 1880s, Briton Cecil John Rhodes stitched up the southern African gold and diamond fields for the British Empire through deceit, lies and propaganda. But one of his favourite tricks - when dealing with recalcitrant or doubtful natives, who had never seen a light or a gun before - was to shut them up with a firecracker display of advanced technology, in this case British weaponry.

When King Lobengula hesitated to sign Zimbabwe over to Rhodes, Rhodes' right-hand man Dr Jameson reported ..."I gave a practical demonstration of our powers by running the searchlight and firing off our nine-pounders and machine guns. The Matabele 'indunas' were so impressed by this display that they speedily returned to Lo Bengula with the most startling and hair-raising stories of our 'witchcraft.'

Psychologically cowed and awed, Lobengula signed away his land to supposedly allow 'ten men' to dig on a concession. Rhodes army arrived, slaughtered Lobengula's people and pegged out Zimbabwe for Queen and country. The rest is history.

Are the Martini-Henry rifles and Webley revolvers of the 1880s the nano-structured aluminothermic explosive 'witchcraft' of today? Are we just as psychologically disempowered in the face of military-grade anthrax and thermite as King Lobengula and his hapless tribesmen?

Posted 15 years ago #
  6. emanuel

Glad you liked my article newcomer. As for "aluminothermic explosives" and other claims, I don't know anything about them. I really did resign back when I wrote that article. Now I am a gardener (helping Mark R. dig vegetable beds this week). :)

Emanuel

Posted 15 years ago #
  7. Yes, I agree that "that comparison can be horrendously misconstrued with ease."

Why would anybody take that gamble?

The Holocaust is a singular event. It is beyond comparison. To compare it to 9/11 is to distort and diminish the Holocaust in ways which only people who share your specific viewpoint about 9/11 can possibly recognize your intentions as anything else than reeking of hubris and delusion.

Everybody else will most likely not take you seriously. If they did take you seriously, and were in the mood to debunk, the comparison can be horrendously misconstrued with ease.

Essentially it just puts you at the mercy of the debunker.

Posted 15 years ago #

You must log in to post.