Forum

TruthMove Forum

TruthMove Forum » TruthMove Main Forum

Looks like Les Jamieson is still involved in NYCCAN (6 posts)

1. christs4sale
    Administrator

I received the following email:

Subject: Re: [ny911truth] Fantastic News! - Webmaster Wanted
    Date: May 22, 2009 5:28:06 PM EDT
    To: ny911truth@lists.riseup.net, info@nyccan.org
    Reply-To: ny911truth@lists.riseup.net, jazzyday@earthlink.net

Ted,

Let me know what's needed for webmaster duties. This is likely something I can do.

Les

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: May 22, 2009 12:47 PM
    To: ny911truth@lists.riseup.net
    Subject: [ny911truth] Fantastic News! - Webmaster Wanted

Dear Friends,

NYC CAN's campaign to establish an independent, impartial investigation of 9/11 is gaining steam.

On Sunday, May 17, we eclipsed 40,000 signatures. See http://911blogger.com/node/20164.

Janette MacKinlay, a member of our Executive Council, released a very moving, personal appeal for support last week: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWmhJ51WPyA

And Richard Gage recently sent out his own letter to Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth endorsing NYC CAN and asking them to donate. He made his letter public at: http://911blogger.com/node/20110

We have raised about $17,000 in the last week, allowing us to TRIPLE the size of our petitioning staff so that we can collect 1,000 signatures per day and shatter the 45,000 requirement needed to bypass City Council.

Thank you everyone for your support. We know that many are tapped out, but if you are able to donate, or send this message to others who would want to donate, please, now is the time. What we have now will sustain the petitioning effort through the first week of June and get us to 60,000, but we need to get to 75,000 by the end of June.

AND, if you are in New York, please come join us this weekend at Union Square to help collect signatures. It is so much fun and a very fulfilling experience.

Lastly, we are in need of a part-time webmaster, preferably based in New York City. Please contact us at info@nyccan.org if you are interested.

Once again, thank you for continuing to support this important initiative.

Best Regards,

Ted Walter

Posted 14 years ago #
  2. truthmod
    Administrator

JazzyDay strikes again.

Posted 14 years ago #
  3. truthmover
    Administrator

He's still playing some kind of coordinating role with volunteers being the head of ny911truth. After as much work as he did for that project it's not like they can or would want to make him just go away. I'm not too surprised that he wants to be more involved.

So they have the signatures to get a vote out of the city council. A 'no' vote could be good press for the movement and is really my favorite outcome. A 'yes' vote means it goes to the voters and most likely gets voted down. But that too could amount to some decent publicity. If it got voted up, we would have a lot of initial publicity followed by a comedy of errors and ultimate fiasco. At least that's what I've come to consider reasonable.

Posted 14 years ago #
  4. JohnA

of course the media will still have their Edgar Mitchell ace in the hole should any of this result in a little too much publicity.

i can just hear them eviscerating Mitchell's reputation now - and ya know what? - they will be right.

why should anyone trust a commission without the common sense, judgment and foresight to vet its choice of commissioners? Shouldn't this commission include the very best and brightest, most honest and reliable people available?

and - someone who goes around the country claiming NASA is part of a vast governmental conspiracy to suppress the fact that aliens have visited us - who has ALREADY been thoroughly mocked by the mainstream media as either a liar or nuts - is NOT a suitable choice to sit on a commission to investigate 9/11. in fact - it SMACKS of a setup.

Furthermore - although i do appreciate Ed Asner and the principled political stands he took in the 1980s - he also could be a liability to this initiative as well. lets be frank here - the man is a very old ex-celebrity. an actor. exactly WHAT qualifies Ed Asner to sit on a commission to investigate 9/11? Does the man even have the ENERGY, physical health and mental acuity to do so? or is he just some figurehead they are propping up for publicity? in my opinion - the media will jump all over that - claiming that Asner is being exploited for name recognition alone.

Posted 14 years ago #
  5. Victronix

Has anyone tried writing to Ted and asserting that if it turns out Les is involved in the website that there will be blowback from activists once that gets out? I don't know him, but will do it if no one else will. Sometimes people need to hear it directly.

Posted 14 years ago #
  6. christs4sale
    Administrator

I have not tried writing to Ted. I have spoken with him once before (last summer) and I am not optimistic. You can try it, but I definitely feel like we are beating a dead horse when trying to appeal to the leadership of most of these groups.

Also, does it make any sense why Les would send his email to Ted to everyone on the list?

Posted 14 years ago #

You must log in to post.