Forum

TruthMove Forum

TruthMove Forum » TruthMove Main Forum

US Coverage of the Iranian Uprising (1 post)

1. JohnA

Is it my imagination or does the American media seem torn over its coverage of the Iranian uprising.

At first this seemed counterintuitive to me. Surely all those conservative Americans who have advocated regime change in Iran would be happy to report these events. No?

Yet, as the populist uprising began to gain traction over the weekend I could not help but notice that many of the mainstream cable news outlets seemed to be intentionally underreporting the mass protests. Again and again I heard CNN refer to the protests as “tens of thousands” of protestors – while the BBC reported between 1 and 2 million.

I also began to notice that BBC tended to show extended aerial footage of the protests – showing what appeared to be a sea of humanity stretching off into the horizon – as far as the eye could see. By contrast American outlets appeared to only show street-level shots of protestors in the streets – which inhibited their audience from understanding the SCALE of these events.

It is the SCALE of these events that make them the most news worthy.

According to the Huffington Post:

CNN has taken a lot of heat in the past few days for its initial lack of coverage of the Iranian election and the ensuing melee. Now Jon Stewart is going after the coverage they are devoting to the historic struggle. This all seems very strange to me. While the US media has played an integral part in whipping up fear (rightfully or wrongfully) regarding Iran’s leadership and their alleged development of nuclear weapons - they now appear to be balking at reporting the true scale of the populist movement underway in Iran to unseat the current leadership.

And make no mistake about it – what started as a dispute over election results is now morphing into a full blown populist movement to throw off the shackles of government repression and dictatorship.

Gee – you would think the US media would LEAD THE WAY in reporting this historic event.

So why aren’t they? CNN’s homepage today is reporting about the tragic murder of a woman. BBCNews’s homepage by contrast appears dedicated to the Iranian uprising.

The following is pure speculation –and perhaps wishful thinking.

But - could it be that someone somewhere does not want Americans to see the higher truth?

What is the higher truth?

The higher truth behind the Iranian uprising has nothing to do with a disputed election. The higher truth is that the REAL power in any civilization resides with the people. And when common people rise up – in unison – NOTHING can prevent them from claiming what is rightfully theirs.

The only real power (elected or nonelected) officials have in any modern day state is the ability to lull the masses to sleep and convince them that they are powerless – or better off staying quiet. The power elite knows full well that the masses is a sleeping giant – dangerous when awakened and provoked.

Would you like to see real change in America? Iran is showing us that it could be achieved virtually overnight. Iran is showing the world that NO FORCE ON EARTH can match the will of the people from claiming what is rightfully theirs – when they choose to stand together and demand it.

The power elite in America should be very nervous about what they see happening in Iran. People power could be contagious after all – and Lord knows the American sleeping giant has been stirring lately.

Posted 14 years ago #

You must log in to post.