Forum

TruthMove Forum

TruthMove Forum » TruthMove Main Forum

Is Our Mental Health at Risk? (2 posts)

1. EndlessSender

Does crusading for justice in the face of immense corruption a good way to end up mentally ill? Does the "lone crusader" tend to become the "loan gunman?" I'd like to know the opinions of the members here because this is serious concern that I have. Yes, I'm afraid of actually "running afoul" of the feds--they can do a person great harm. But I'm also afraid of slowly going "nuts" (for want of better term) because it's hard NOT to go nuts when you are constantly confronted by evidence of greater and greater evil.

Comments?

Posted 14 years ago #
  2. truthmover
    Administrator

Good question. TruthMove has always sought to address the psychological pressures of normalcy and the impact of the paradigm shift away from that normalcy on our psyche.

I haven't really ever seen anyone go crazy in the 9/11 truth movement, where I have the most personal experience. I have seen unbalanced people drawn to the concern for emotional reasons. I've seen crazy people get recruited to undermine the movement. I've seen movement figures suddenly decide to endorse stark fallacies, suggesting a psychotic break relative to prior expectations, or more likely a secret paycheck. I've seen people completely burn out in a depressive funk. And I've seen some AJ fans who I thought might lose their cool and get in a fight during an event.

But generally speaking, people who get into hidden history come to a point where they have to make a decision. You see the abyss as you approach the drop off. The more you learn the closer you get to having taken the red pill or falling off that cliff. And doing so can be very traumatic. But what we find is that people either decide to make the change and know they are at least somewhat ready to deal with it, or just turn away.

I've seen people get into it and then try to escape again. Once you know certain things It's not really possible to forget them and act like they have no impact on your view. That leads to depression. Of course, so can the truth. I may not have seen anyone go crazy pursuing the truth, but there are a lot of people out there very depressed about it.

I deal with my depression with creative production, fantasy, and friends who don't care about the truth. Those coping mechanisms are very important to maintaining mental health for those invested in the truth.

Posted 14 years ago #

You must log in to post.