Forum

TruthMove Forum

TruthMove Forum » TruthMove Main Forum

Ben Cohen: My Argument with the 9/11 Truth Movement (2 posts)

1. truthmod
    Administrator

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ben-cohen/my-argumen...

After publishing a piece on the absolute idiocy of the Obama Birther movement and its potential to turn nasty, I've been inundated with literally hundreds of emails decrying my comparison of the Birthers to the 9/11 Truthers.

The 9/11 truth movement was enormously helpful to the Bush Administration as it provided a giant distraction from the colossal crimes they committed in Iraq and Afghanistan. If their energies had been directed in a positive way, there's a good chance Bush would have been impeached and Dick Cheney thrown in jail. Alas, the 9/11 truth movement dedicated its time to proving the U.S government tried to kill thousands of its own people in exchange for gold/political power.

The Birther movement can be compared to the 9/11 truth movement, perhaps not in scale, but certainly in its potency.

I have been accused of complicity with the attacks, called a 'traitor to the human race,' and a terrorist. This is an example of a typical email:

You're either a complete ignoramus (see PatriotsQuestion911 -- http://www.patriotsquestion911.com, and the peer-reviewed article about nano-thermite found in WTC dust samples -- Google it)...

...or a Mockingbird sayanim flak covering up for the Mossad's involvement (Dominick Souter, Urban Moving Systems, Odigo, Zim Shipping) and an accomplice after the fact to mass murder.

Consider yourself outed.

I have done some research on the topic, but stopped fairly quickly into when it dawned on me that:

1. Any alternative to the official account of what happened is so absurd it simply cannot be true.

2. No reputable scientific journal has ever taken any of the 'science' of the conspiracy seriously.

3. The evidence supporting the official story is overwhelming, whereas the 9/11 Truthers have yet to produce a shred of concrete evidence that members of the U.S. government planned the attacks in New York and Washington.

The Bush Administration was far too incompetent to pull off anything as complex as the attacks on 9/11, and to think that they could have covered it up afterward is even more absurd. What they did do was carry out and monstrously fuck up two illegal invasions of sovereign nations for oil. And thanks to the 9/11 Truth Movement, a considerable amount of attention was taken away from the people trying to hold the Bush Administration accountable.

The 9/11 Truth movement is fighting a pointless battle for a pointless cause. They have spent enormous amounts of time and energy on the matter, taking attention away from legitimate criticisms of the debacle and the ensuing blood bath that followed. And for that, they are the traitors, not me.

And please, if you are part of the movement, don't email me any more. You're wasting your time.

Posted 14 years ago #
  2. JohnA

leave this guy alone. knocking down strawmen is exhausting.

of course - with the 9/11 commissioners on the record themselves that they were 'lied to' and 'stonewalled' Mr. Cohen would be hard pressed to make a real case for silence - without conflating it with 'conspiracy theories.'

This reminds me of Matt Taibi interviewing Nico Haupt to represent the 9/11 Truth movement. point at the low hanging fruit - and ignore the roots.

Posted 14 years ago #

You must log in to post.