Forum

TruthMove Forum

TruthMove Forum » TruthMove Main Forum

MIke Ruppert launching CollapseNet (13 posts)

1. truthmod
    Administrator

http://mikeruppert.blogspot.com/

Yet what we've put together is something really... useful right now; a rare thing. Some of you are helping us beta test and that input is also making a difference. Thank you. We have developed our own software, purchased services, Incorporated, established accounts and invested many hundreds of hours to make CollapseNet come to life. It will soon. And the next time I give a launch date it will be a good one.

Tomorrow I leave for a seven-day tour of Vermont with my publisher Chelsea Green and am going to meet some wonderful people there who are thinking about leaving the Union. I'll have five appearances and a bunch of media interviews. Am I for secession? Against it? -- I am resigned to it... either as a voluntary act or an ad hoc reality as collapse proceeds. The next stage that's coming is political collapse which I believe will be triggered here when the nation realizes how bad the Deepwater Horizon leak really is and how it has been misled. As one commentator noted "Deepwater Horizon is the Three Mile Island of deep water oil exploration". No more deepwater drilling and oil prices will spike for sure. -- Or, it might come when Freddie and Fannie ask for another $50-100 billion, even as the Gulf coast's foreclosure rate goes exponential and banks continue to fail. It might come in a massive cyber attack. Name your poison. It might come with an attack on Iran. There's plenty of crisis around and we all know it.

Looking forward to seeing this project. He does sound a bit like a broken record at this point, claiming everything is the final straw that will cause the real collapse. In a lot of ways, I'm hoping for the "collapse" sooner than later too. By collapse, I mean people finally seeing through the insanity of our current system and refusing to support it anymore.

Posted 13 years ago #
  2. truthmod
    Administrator

I just visited Ruppert's new site for the first time yesterday.

http://www.collapsenet.com/

And his radio show is here: http://www.progressiveradionetwork.com/the-lifeboa...

I haven't followed him for quite a while. Anyone been keeping up with his latest?

I do find it a bit funny that the first thing I see when checking in for the first time in 6 months is an URGENT WARNING OF IMPENDING ECONOMIC COLLAPSE IN THE NEXT FEW WEEKS OR COUPLE MONTHS. (This is in his Video Report on the front page)

Posted 13 years ago #
  3. christs4sale
    Administrator

I tune in from time to time. I try to stay away from Ruppert as I am sure that others who post here can tell you much more why.

You can get much of the same news stories for free at: ricefarmer.blogspot.com

Posted 13 years ago #
  4. JohnA

why?

Posted 13 years ago #
  5. mark

You're not going to be able to buy the skills to survive the collapse of everything, certainly not from a website based in Los Angeles.

Survival on the downslope requires the community around you coping with what is euphemistically called "transition."

Richard Heinberg, THE PARTY'S OVER Oil, War, and the Fate of Industrial Societies

There is much that individuals and communities can do to prepare for the energy crunch. Anything that promotes individual self-reliance (gardening, energy conservation, and voluntary simplicity) will help. But the strategy of individualist survivalism will offer only temporary and uncertain refuge during the energy down-slope. True individual and family security will come only with community solidarity and interdependence. Living in a community that is weathering the downslope well will enhance personal chances of surviving and prospering far more than will individual efforts at stockpiling tools or growing food.

Posted 13 years ago #
  6. christs4sale
    Administrator

Largely because of his personal bullshit, his tendency to make overly alarmist predictions and that similar information can be found from more informed sources that do not sensationalize.

Posted 13 years ago #
  7. JohnA

it's the personal bullshit that bothers me also. history will tell us if he is overly alarmist - or not.

but - there are such precious few who work to present to the public 'wake up calls.' 99.99% of the media is consumed with presenting a 'business as usual' approach to reality. we are being told that the economy is recovering. really? look at the numbers. forget unemployment. look at the GDP / Debt ratio of the western world. look at the numbers associated with the derivatives market. it is untenable. and the common message we get is to keep the shell game moving - keep the con game running - ignore the reality of the numbers - just keep running on that treadmill and we will come out on the other side of this crisis.

we desperately need alternative viewpoints. alarmist even.

i am not interested in hitching my wagon to 'personalities' like Ruppert and Alex Jones who peddle tragedy like snake oil salesmen for profit. i get it. i don't like it either.

but - again - who else is doing it? Al Gore's Inconvenient Truth applies to a lot more than just the environment. the collective DENIAL that this society is in is ASTOUNDING. it is NO LESS astounding that the brutal denial that Berliners were in in the 1940s. their world was crumbling around them - yet they waited - and watched the pretty pictures of blonde- haired blue-eyed Arians on their newsreels at their local movie theaters - believing that the plastic bubble they were living in was NOT getting ready to pop.

Alternative news sources? yes - they exist. but let's face it - they are oddities. ricefarmer.blogspot? i checked it out. excellent source. a tree falling in the woods...

and the Truth Movement? roflmao!! the biggest lies you will FIND have been tacked onto the Truth Movement - like armor on an armadillo. Good luck finding any real meat!

finding the truth now-a-days with all the disinformation out there is like trying to pick knat shit outta pepper...

Posted 13 years ago #
  8. truthmod
    Administrator

I feel like the whole collapse thing could happen tomorrow or it could happen after we're all dead--and then on the other hand, it's already happened/happening.

Alarmism is often simply realism or the truth. But speculations and prognostications can be damaging.

Posted 13 years ago #
  9. mark

The collapse has been underway for a long time.

Peak energy per capita, globally, was during the Carter administration.

Rome wasn't burnt in a day.

Gore's movie forgot to mention that he helped make the environmental problems worse when he was in the White House.

Ultimately, the real issue is not financial bubbles or the Federal Reserve but the sixth great mass extinction of life in Earth's long history.

Posted 13 years ago #
  10. JohnA

well - i finally got around to seeing the film last night. i think it was pretty well done and i would endorse the film - without necessarily endorsing all of its conclusions.

there is no doubt that the overarching subject matter is of critical importance.

i think my one biggest criticism (which is not all that big at all) is that he perhaps puts a little too much emphasis on the peak oil scenario. not that it is NOT important. i think it is.

i think it is the total picture that alarms me the most. his comments on population growth were sobering. fiat money and fractional banking - very important stuff. the abuse of the environment. all of these things CUMMULATIVELY - along with peak oil - is really what alarms me most. that's the bubble. it is not any one thing. humanity itself is a bubble. the species is a bubble. unsustainable at these levels. we have neither the resources nor the will to solve this problem. we have overrun the petri dish.

even without Ruppert's predicted collapse - one third of the world is starving - with another third on the cusp.

western society is just an island of prosperity surrounded by an ocean of misery.

and when you consider that western society is fact is the CAUSE of much of this misery - it does not bode well for the future of this system.

peak oil could very well be the catalyst for triggering collapse. although Ruppert's classic reference to the bell curve does not tell us the amplitude and slope of the projected decline. just how steep will this decline be? apocolyptic - or gradual? years? decades? a century? is there any real way to know?

it doesn't matter. the real strength of his argument lies in the reality of how dependent we are on oil - declining or not - plastics - pesticides - food processing - distribution paradigms - our currency - telecommunications - virtually everything we know and depend on is built on a foundation of DEMAND for fossil fuels that is exponentially growing - while supplies are FINITE.

that is just simple math that cannot be denied

Posted 13 years ago #
  11. truthmod
    Administrator

A new Mike Ruppert interview:

http://www.collapsenet.com/free-resources/peak-mom...

"Petroleum Man is dead. Infinite Growth Man is dead. Post Petroleum Human is alive," announced Michael C. Ruppert on May 22, 2011. Members of this emerging "species" know they must live in balance with the Earth, while remembering the lessons of industrial civilization. The star and subject of the documentary "Collapse", Mike founded CollapseNet.com in 2010 to empower people to connect and relocalize.

Posted 12 years ago #
  12. truthmod
    Administrator

The blog https://ricefarmer.blogspot.com/ mentioned by Rob above has been removed.

I've been reading it recently. I wonder what happened.

Posted 3 years ago #
  13. mark

I heard second hand that the Rice Farmer site owner got tired of doing it. Understandable but sad. For deep topics the signal to noise ratio was very high.

I wish there was a website that tracked news that was good on all issues. I don't know of any. Some mainstream sources have reported accurately on Trump problems but I doubt they will investigate President Biden (assuming he gets the job). There are alternative media that probe deeper but they're mostly Limited Hang Outs on conspiracy claims. The conspiracy monger sites are right on some paradigms but much of the "evidence" they use is fraudulent or exaggerated. Many have glommed onto virus denial or downplaying because it's popular in conspiracy world.

Sigh.

Posted 3 years ago #

You must log in to post.