Forum

TruthMove Forum

TruthMove Forum » TruthMove Main Forum

How the World Changed After 9/11 (21 posts)

1. christs4sale
    Administrator

Does anyone know if these people will be there or will it be teleconferencing? Let me know if you want to go. I would not mind seeing Parenti.

www.howtheworldchanged.org

I have to say, for the more legitimate of the two 9/11 events in NYC, this does not inspire me much.

Posted 13 years ago #
  2. truthmod
    Administrator

I'm getting a serious Les Jamieson vibe from this.

Posted 13 years ago #
  3. christs4sale
    Administrator

Well, some of the speakers are pretty good, but the people at INN World Report creep me out. The few I had met did not give me a good feeling.

Posted 13 years ago #
  4. NicholasLevis

You guys are being too jaded about it, thanks to all the past disasters. It's an excellent line up of speakers, importantly with a mix of disciplines and milieus, and not very much woo that I noticed. I see no evidence Les has anything to do with it on site, and it doesn't give me such a vibe. Whatever that's worth. As for Lenny Charles, he can be a pain in the ass personally, and has been to me, but I love the guy and he's incredibly dedicated, fighting day and night to keep the INN news show running, which is a damn good show, at least all the ones I've ever seen. There should more people with that kind of will to persist. We should all wish INN was the network news. I'm amazed that after all these years he actually has Walker Stage up and running (huge, often-delayed renovations). What feeling did they give you? Honestly, I think we've all been understandably turned into curmudgeons after all this abuse in the past, so that we always expect these things to be bad.

Posted 13 years ago #
  5. mark

Wow, that's a strange mix of speakers. Some couragous whistleblowers (Colleen Rowley in particular), a few good liberal analysts, an assistant to Norman Solomon (Solomon of course was one of the first attackers of the "Bush Knew" paradigm back in the winter of 2001 / 2002), the commie left (World Can't Wait, IAC), two authors of the best books on 9/11 (Peter Dale Scott, Mike Ruppert), a promoter of no plane nonsense (the "wisdom fund") and the thermite conspiracy. A very schizophrenic event. Ray McGovern's excellent commentary mixed with Annie Machon? Sigh.

There's very little overlap in the perspectives or shared understanding among most of these subgroups. Does anyone expect anything coherent to emerge from this event?

Posted 13 years ago #
  6. christs4sale
    Administrator

I do not think that Les is organizing this. Lenny and his shove-controlled-demolition-down-your-throat approach was the major turn-off for me. I have never actually seen an episode of INN World Report. Maybe I would have a different view of him if I had seen the show first, but he came off to me as so unappealing (not necessarily suspicious) that I really had no desire to look into INN any further.

Nicholas, are you planning on going? I would only be interested in seeing the two Sunday afternoon panels, which unfortunately requires that you buy morning and night plans on Sunday.

Posted 13 years ago #
  7. NicholasLevis

c4s,

I won't even be in the country. If I could I'd want to see Parenti and Scott and Ruppert. Sorry I never got back to you on the last mail, I've been busy.

Surprising to hear what you write, as I don't remember Lenny as of the CD-only persuasion. He would have loved to prove it in the case of 7 (of which he took footage himself on the day) but almost never touched it on the show in the first years when I would sometimes see it. He focused on a good mix of world news with the 9/11 stories along the lines of the Commission, Ruppert, Hopsicker, etc. He did have Nico as a researcher, but Nico didn't set the agenda (finally fired him).

Posted 13 years ago #
  8. truthmod
    Administrator

I'm getting a serious Les Jamieson vibe from this.

Mostly just the fonts and web design that I'm referring to. I would love to see Parenti and Ruppert too.

Posted 13 years ago #
  9. Carol

They are streaming the ' How the World Changed Since 9/11 ' conference.

" Can't come to New York? Then join us via live stream of the entire four day conference, the memorial and a live broadcast from the streets at ground zero for a modest $10 fee. Sign up NOW at http://liveonlocation.tv/. "

Its $ 20.00 per session in person. $ 10.00 for streaming video of the conference.

As for whether Les Jamison is involved, one of the emails about the event was from him. He must have mass emailed it to everyone who was ever on the NY 9/11 truth listserv.

Ralph Schoenman mentioned the conference this weekend during his radio show on WBAI. He thanked Les Jamison for his work on it.

Posted 13 years ago #
  10. Victronix

He thanked Les Jamison for his work on it.

Schoenman speaks at all of Les' events, as does William Pepper, so one would assume he would be grateful to Les for always inviting him and giving him an audience. Pepper was confronted by many people about the situation with Les' events and openly rejected concerns, saying that he shared Shoenman's viewpont to not give in to, essentially, "infighting". As someone said, the way Pepper/Person wrote the NYCCAN petition (w/ Les), it was doomed.

Apparently neither man cared about sharing a stage with people claiming that space weapons brought down the WTC, etc. Maybe they would speak at Conspiracy Con and UFO conferences too.

DIdn't Nico work at INN?

Anyway, I'm just glad the scientists are at least in their own session . . .

Posted 13 years ago #
  11. mark

Richard Gage is a scientist? And when will any of the thermite promoters mention that the firefighters watched all three towers (1, 2, 7) leaning and bulging before they collapsed?

The most consistent panel seems to be Peter Dale Scott, Mark Crispin Miller and Michael Parenti, all of them generally excellent. There's other excellent presenters but it's a bad joke to team up Ray McGovern (who is great) with MI5's Annie Machon.

It would have been nice if there was any fact checking process for these sorts of events but obviously that was not the plan.

Posted 13 years ago #
  12. christs4sale
    Administrator

Schoenman speaks at all of Les' events, as does William Pepper, so one would assume he would be grateful to Les for always inviting him and giving him an audience. Pepper was confronted by many people about the situation with Les' events and openly rejected concerns, saying that he shared Shoenman's viewpont to not give in to, essentially, "infighting". As someone said, the way Pepper/Person wrote the NYCCAN petition (w/ Les), it was doomed.

Apparently neither man cared about sharing a stage with people claiming that space weapons brought down the WTC, etc. Maybe they would speak at Conspiracy Con and UFO conferences too.

DIdn't Nico work at INN?

I remember on Michael Wolsey's show how Schoenman said that he confronted Les Jamieson and Frank Morales about Tarpley, but never said what came of that. Obviously, it did not change much. Schoenman has shared the stage with some pretty awful people in the past. His analysis of the Kennedy assassination is so ideological that he is almost like Noam Chomsky that believes in conspiracy.

Nico said that he worked for INN when he asked a question at the 9/11 Citizens Commission in 2004.

Posted 13 years ago #
  13. Victronix

leaning and bulging before they collapsed?

Funny that doesn't show up in any of the images. And it will be more interesting as more and more images and videos continue to come out via the FOIA that James Gourley did. We saw some new ones last night in David Chandler's presentation. Some parts of the videos, key parts, were edited out when they received them. Who'd have guessed. Editing itself is only evidence is editing, but the missing parts are also relatively consistent across the videos. Still, only evidence of editing, but eventually, there will emerge one that is not missing parts . . .

Yes, Richard is not a scientist, I said "the scientists" and he's an architect who's also speaking on that panel.

Posted 13 years ago #
  14. NicholasLevis

Nico was fired by INN back in 2004. To which I referred above.

Posted 13 years ago #
  15. Victronix

I guess INN sees TruthJihad as a news source --

Senior BBC Mideast Correspondent says World Trade Center destroyed by controlled demolition on 9/11
    Wednesday, 26 May 2010 17:16

Former Senior BBC Mideast Correspondent Alan Hart said he has been assured by a demolitions expert the three World Trade Center towers were destroyed by controlled demolition on 9/11. Hart told the Kevin Barrett radio show Tuesday Israel had a record of engaging in outrageous attacks on friend and foe alike. Regarding 9/11, Hart suggested that while there may have been an original terrorist plot conceived by followers of Osama Bin Laden, Israel’s Mossad spy agency would have quickly hijacked the operation, orchestrating a spectacularly successful attack on the US designed to be blamed on its Arab and Muslim enemies. Hart added Mossad’s 9/11 operation would have been aided and abetted by certain corrupt US leaders. Hart added the U.S. was in grave danger of an Israeli-instigated false-flag nuclear attack, perhaps using a nuclear weapon stolen from Minot Air Force Base in August, 2007. The motive would be to trigger a U.S. war with Iran.

Source - http://truthjihad.blogspot.com/2010/05/senior-bbc-...

http://www.innworldreport.net/inn/index.php?option...

Posted 13 years ago #
  16. Victronix

Here's another one --

Author sells book at loss to stop the war in Afghanistan

Kevin Barrett, author of Questioning the War on Terror: A Primer for Obama, is selling his book at a loss as a means to stop the war in Afghanistan. Barrett says Questioning the War on Terror is the first 9/11 truth book designed to be given away to a target audience: namely, people who voted for Barack Obama, and who aren't yet on board with the 9/11 truth movement. Barrett says Obama may have junked the phrase "War on Terror" but he's still pursuing George Bush's policies of war, bloated military budgets, Constitution-shredding and escalating the war in Afghanistan. David Ray Griffin, author of The Mysterious Collapse of World Trade Center 7,” wrote: "Americans have now joined the rest of the world in regarding the war in Iraq as illegitimate because it was based on lies. Kevin Barrett's book shows the same is true of the war in Afghanistan." For more on this book please visit www.questioningthewaronterror.com

http://www.innworldreport.net/inn/index.php?option...

Posted 13 years ago #
  17. christs4sale
    Administrator

As for whether Les Jamison is involved, one of the emails about the event was from him. He must have mass emailed it to everyone who was ever on the NY 9/11 truth listserv.

I never received any emails about this event. I still get NYCCAN emails. I do not think that NYCCAN is involved with this, but We Are Change definitely is. In fact, this is the We Are Change event for Saturday and Sunday. I originally had thought that they were having a separate event.

Posted 13 years ago #
  18. christs4sale
    Administrator

Les was there and so was Luke. Both, I believe, in a coordination capacity. Les definitely was there for that. I guess they have no problem working together again. American Free Press was at the table where they were selling stuff. The Rock Creek Free Press had its own table. No Sander.

Parenti, Scott and Miller were really good, but the whole thing was running atleast two hours behind schedule. I think that it will air somewhere or that there will be a DVD available. It had some great people, but definitely less than several hundred people max, which surprises me because it seems like the remaining 9/11 groups in NYC united for this.

No presence of NYC CAN that I could see.

Barbara Honegger, Colleen Rowley, Ray McGovern, David Schlesinger, Jason Bermas and Dick Gregory were all there. I am probably forgetting a few of note.

I think that despite its big-tent approach, most of us here would have found value in attending some of this.

Posted 13 years ago #
  19. christs4sale
    Administrator

name

Posted 13 years ago #
  20. mustntsleep

Les was all over the place like a cheap suit. He also thanked Tom and Lenny for putting it together in a month. So they probably had to depend on a lot of help. Also look at the sponsors, like the Puffin Foundation. The high points however were really great.

Sadly though it had the feel of the old conspiracy theory conventions -- more disinfo spooks as presenters and audience than researchers and the truly curious. Ray McGovern, Ex-CIA -- Ha, ha, ha. Colleen Rowley, in full support of the 'government is so stupid' but the 'Mooslems dun it' narrative. Albricht trying to sell STARTPAGE(?).

Worst moments: Mike Ruppert saying to rebel by growing veggies, Colleen Rowley (or somebody else on that panel) saying military officer candidates should be given Constitution Sensitivity training (ha, ha, ha).

Most interesting moment: After Ruppert left early, a commenter said he had wanted to ask him how he got to Gary Webb's family within an hour of his death pushing them to cremate Gary. Hmmm.

Posted 13 years ago #
  21. mustntsleep

Before saying what I would like to see in the future, in terms of panels, let me say that this was the first 9/11 conference that left me thinking that we're going to get the bastards. The reactive thermite in the dust is the smoking gun. And the truth is not tied to any particular individuals, assassination won't help the high perps. All in all, it was a very successful event.

That said, these conferences should look forward and seek out new territory. I would like to see panels on the following (in no particular order):

1. Recent false flag attempts: the nutsack bomber, the Times Square bomber, the beauty supply bomber, etc. The beauty supply, hydrogen peroxide WMD job had the interesting aspect of the FBI being furious at the NYPD for the arrest. Was the FBI running the patsy and was it supposed to be successful? Bloomberg and Kelly came out the next day with a plan to radically expand surveillance cameras. Coincidence? Bloomberg also had a news conference where he whined that of course it was a serious terrorist attempt -- but his facial expression didn't back him up. Very odd.

2. The media as enemy. No more questions of where is Matt Lauer -- the media is the voice of the enemy.

3. An examination of the left gatekeepers. Are they on the govt. payroll (paid pied pipers to mislead), corporate whores/slaves, naive fools, or stupid pieces of garbage? (Juan Gonzalez gets a pass as one of the first to call attention to the Ground Zero environmental hazards.)

4. A panel on how to reach out to the masses. The recent and continuing anti-Islam hysteria shows that the masses don't stop for a second to consider that the official conspiracy theory may be lies.

5. Should we connect causes? How about a panel on the military's use of actors as enemies? Zarqawi -- who escaped Fallujah, who made a fool of himself fumbling with an AK47, whose dead body was displayed with nary a scratch, while the building he had been in was totally obliterated. Did they capture the real Saddam -- his wife at first denied it, his teeth didn't match, beards don't grow that fast. Elvis bin Laden -- is he still alive? Bhutto said no, then she was murdered.

6. A panel on information warfare.

Others?

Posted 13 years ago #

You must log in to post.