Forum

TruthMove Forum

TruthMove Forum » TruthMove Main Forum

Ruppert gives credence to article posted on truther.org (3 posts)

1. christs4sale
    Administrator

Starts at 22:30

http://prn.fm/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Lifeboat0...

From what I can see, truther.org seems to be a website that blames everything on Israel.

It published an article saying that Alex Jones is a likely agent of Stratfor. I assumed that if Ruppert referenced this article, then there must be some good stuff mixed with the garbage that was worth picking out at minimum.

Here is the "evidence":

• Because Alex Jones made a film called Endgame about Operation Endgame, then he must be part of the actual DHS operation Endgame.
    • In an updated version of the article, AJ cancels speaking tour at about the time that the original article came out.
    • Both AJ and Stratfor are based in Austin.
    • Both AJ and Stratfor began in 1996.
    • Alex Jones is too kind to Israel (from that point of view), which therefore must make him an associate of George Friedman in some way.
    • The about us blurbs on Stratfor and Prisonplanet are eerily similar. Actually if this was true in the way that the article is saying, I would slightly raise an eyebrow to this, but I do not believe that it is. Using the Way Back Machine, I was easily able to find the Stratfor version of the blurb. But using the WBM and spending at least an hour going through Alex Jones' several websites, I was unable to find the blurb posted on truther.org and attributed to Alex Jones' website anywhere. Since there is no link or reference on truther.org to where this came from, I would be willing to bet that this is a fabrication.

I do not want to list the links here, but just do a google search for Alex Jones and Stratfor and you can find the series of articles that I am discussing. They are just below the links to AJ's own sites. You will see that these articles are reference free and anything but what Ruppert makes them out to be. When I first heard the audio, I assumed that this articles actually contained a link to a Wikileaks-provided email or series of emails.

Why would Ruppert speak about these articles as if they have some credibility to them? I do not want to sound like I am sticking up for AJ, but this is not the way to discredit him as there are so many well-documented critiques of AJ. Why would Ruppert choose this?

Posted 12 years ago #
  2. truthmod
    Administrator

I can't keep up with all the accusations. Funny to see that Jason Bermas is now saying AJ is an agent.

Also, I haven't checked in with Ruppert's output for a year or so, and predictably, the first thing I listen to is talking about an imminent collapse, war with Iran, etc., as if it's going to happen this month. Maybe it will, I don't know, but hearing these warnings for the last 5-10 years has a made me a little skeptical.

Posted 12 years ago #
  3. mark

Lots of people reflexively repost claims that make someone they don't like look worse.

Few of the "independent" news sites have to run their claims past any sort of fact checking process. The establishment media has their obvious problems, but they usually have editors and others who have to sign off on a story, which screens out some of the rumor mongering.

Peak Ruppert was when "Crossing the Rubicon" was published. It's still worthy of promotion, nearly all of it.

His estimate around 2005 that the US was not likely to attack Iran seemed more accurate than the recent claim that this is going to happen. The US doesn't attack countries that can fight back and Iran could disrupt oil flows from the Gulf, with severe consequences for the global economy.

As for years of predicting that everything is about to collapse tomorrow, Rome wasn't burnt in a day and our "Long Emergency" is likely to take a long time, too.

Posted 12 years ago #

You must log in to post.