Forum

TruthMove Forum

TruthMove Forum » TruthMove Main Forum

truthaction domain expired (28 posts)

1. BrianG

GoDaddy says the domain expired 1/6/13.

I bet some here have some work there they might like to archive themselves.

Posted 11 years ago #
  2. BrianG

OK, it's back. Mods, feel free to delete.

Posted 11 years ago #
  3. truthmod
    Administrator

Thanks for the update. I see even over a truthaction the discussion has dropped off to a trickle (a lot more than we have here).

Next year is the 50th anniversary of the JFK assassination. Maybe in another 40 years, we'll still be trying in vain to get some traction for the truth on 9/11. I hope not.

It's an exhausting thing to be a part of and most of us have simply burnt out. The disinformation and misinformation, in all their many forms, are the clearest reason for this. Not seeing any progress and not feeling respected by your peers, families, the media, etc. makes it very hard to continue this kind of work.

Posted 11 years ago #
  4. mark

It's a great case study about how disinformation can ruin what could have been a powerful social justice movement.

However, just like with JFK, the biggest secret is the perpetrators knew they would be able to get away with it.

Missiles, demolition and even sillier stuff will be taught in psyops courses for a long time to come.

Posted 11 years ago #
  5. truthmover
    Administrator

I noticed this and contacted Cosmos who renewed the domain registration and got the site running again. He hasn't been involved in the site for almost a year and left the forum to "Snowcrash" who's an idiot and let the trolls run all over him, basically driving off everyone still posting.

Cool to see that this forum is still running. I'll check in more often.

Posted 11 years ago #
  6. truthmod
    Administrator

Yes, thanks to Mark for continuing to post here, even without any response sometimes. I'm feeling a little more inspired to be involved with this work again. Not 9/11, especially, but the work of trying to figure out where we stand and how the truth has become so marginalized, and what we might do about it.

I'm glad for everyone who's interested in continuing the conversation. I think TM can be a pretty safe space for discussion free from trolls and exhausting nitpicking debates that sap our energy. A forum even with 1, 2, or 5 people can still be productive and interesting.

Posted 11 years ago #
  7. truthmover
    Administrator

Yeah, 9/11 truth is important but not a generally accessible topic. I'm glad that people dug in and that we know as much as we do. From a historical standpoint, the History Commons is an essential reference. But there's no 9/11 truth movement anymore and those left claiming it are generally CD folks, AJ people, and the last few trolls.

I think we got it right with TruthMove and I'm also interested in keeping this alive. I just paid to open up the Flickr account again, so all our street action photos are available. And we should talk about the future of the site, which will break at some point.

Specifically, as you suggest, a well moderated forum on these topics is rare.

Posted 11 years ago #
  8. truthmod
    Administrator

So, what exactly happened to the Truth Action forum? I'm interested in hearing some more of the details. Did people just slowly drop off one by one? It seems that most of the reasonable people who were involved with 9/11 research have eventually moved on to other things. I see Abby Martin has a show on RT. I don't think Paul Thompson is really involved anymore. I don't see Nick Levis or John Albanese anywhere (maybe they're on some forum I don't know about). NY911Truth is long since disbanded. I think the Northern CA 9/11 Truth Alliance still has meetings and maybe does actions. Overall, I think the discerning people have discerned that it hasn't been a productive endeavor and that our energy is better spent in other areas. Still, I think their is a sense of solidarity among the few of us who tried to do this work responsibly and critique all of the sloppiness and disinformation.

I relate much more to people who understand the urgency of the environmental situation but who could care less about 9/11 than I do to the many irresponsible 9/11 fanatics out there. But I think there is a special sort of consciousness among the tiny minority who have worked on 9/11 truth in a responsible way but who also understand the wider context. I hope some of us can stay in touch as a community, even if we're working on other avenues of activism or if we're just interested in continuing the discussion.

Posted 11 years ago #
  9. christs4sale
    Administrator

Nick posts on Rigorous Intuition and has a blog here: http://alternativebanking.nycga.net

We have had a few Rigorous Intuition meet ups. They have been interesting to say the least.

Mark is also on the C-Realm Podcast sometimes and KMO lives in Brooklyn now. He might be someone worth contacting.

I'll say that the disinterested spouse factor has a huge impact on how much I get involved other than my website.

I will try to make it to Dallas this year and maybe Memphis. To those in LA, there will be an RFK COPA in June I believe.

Posted 11 years ago #
  10. mark

The "controlled demolition of 9/11 truth" is the main angle to stress (how disinformation wrecked the 9/11 investigations). These tactics have been used on many other topics, including JFK "truth" which is probably more important to focus on in 2013. It is a very good thing that RFK, Jr. publicly stated last month that the Warren Commission was not true, perhaps the family is finally willing to say in public what they've thought in private.

Posted 11 years ago #
  11. truthmod
    Administrator

Hey christs4sale, thanks for the update and good to hear from you. If I was in NY, I would come to the RI meet ups. I understand the issues with staying involved. This stuff tends to alienate you and can easily cause anxiety and paranoia. I've been reminded about this after reading Jim Douglass' book and starting to think about these issues again. There's a lot to be said for flying under the radar and being able to enjoy your life. I'm hoping to find some balance.

I'm not sure how much I'm going to be involved, but I do hope to make some updates to this site and stay up to date with JFK news this year. I might try to make it to the COPA event in Dallas too.

Posted 11 years ago #
  12. truthmod
    Administrator

Looks like Truth Action is down again.

Posted 10 years ago #
  13. truthmover
    Administrator

Yeah, the domain and hosting have been paid for, but there's some kind of glitch that Cosmos will get to dealing with before long. It's not gone for good.

Posted 10 years ago #
  14. truthmod
    Administrator

truthaction.org is still down. I get the impression that cosmos finally burnt out like the rest of us. He deserves a break from all this crap.

Posted 10 years ago #
  15. BrianG

Cosmos has earned his burnout. We all have. 911TruthNews stopped at "Ho Ho Ho".

I was monitoring truthaction and what struck me at the end was that most of the posters wanted to talk about anything but controlled demolition. But Snowcrash insisted on bringing in his JREF buddies to talk about controlled demolition. Then SnowCrash melted down, resigned, then came back, then left, and as far as I know he hasn't been seen since.

Posted 10 years ago #
  16. truthmover
    Administrator

Yeah, I'm running 9/11 Truth News. Cosmos hasn't been involved in either site in over a year, and, yes, certainly did his part. I'm not really paying attention anymore and asked Jon Gold to forward me any notable stories, but I haven't heard from him. The site just fell out of the top ten on Google for "9/11 truth" and I'd like to get that back. But I'd have to keep posting and I'm not motivated. I think we'd be willing to have someone else post if we trusted them, and that's not many people.

Snowcrash is an idiot, and I mean that in a measured, thoughtful way.

http://911truthnews.com/911-rescuers-15-percent-mo...

Posted 10 years ago #
  17. BrianG

I'm not sure it's necessary (or even wise) to "trust" your writers. If you exercise your editorial prerogatives, you could certainly check the facts, make corrections, tune the language. If you have concern that one of your writers might do or say something discrediting outside of the TruthNews arena, you could insist that all your articles be authored pseudonymously.

I'd certainly be interested to see new stuff from the non-demolition wing of the truth movement. I think the non-demo news of the past few years has not penetrated public consciousness very much. The stories I remember are footnote 44/Richard Clarke, The Eleventh Day, Classified Woman, Chomsky's interview with Press TV in which he said the US had no evidence to justify the invasion of Afghanistan.

The alleged murder of Osama bin Laden brought a problem to us because for much of the public it makes the truth movement's points moot, and it weakens the force of the evidence that the terrorists had government protection. And the only response we can mount is to question the evidence that he's actually dead, or claim he died long ago, and either way we look to the lazy citizens who rely on their "common sense" like we're just denying reality. So I think we were wise as a movement to avoid stepping in that trap.

I proposed at the NorCal Alliance strategy session last winter that we organize an appearance for Sibel Edmonds and, if we were sufficiently ambitious, make it a tour from Seattle to San Diego.

I'd like to know what issues y'all here consider worth promoting (and why). I still think a valuable project would be (assuming we could get Ruppert's blessing) a new edition of "Crossing the Rubicon" updated, corrected, and cut to a length of 120,000 words or so that would allow people to actually read it.

As to SnowCrash, for a long time he seemed to be one of the brighter posters around. Arcterus was bright too, but he was young and when his brittle certainties about 9/11 got shaken he flipped. SnowCrash got defensive and dogmatic and (AFAIK) disappeared.

Posted 10 years ago #
  18. JohnA

TruthAction appears to be down. I hope someone salvages the content and keeps it available to the public. The history of such activists as Kevin Barrett and Dr Jones and Griffin and AE911Truth is so well documented there - it may very well be the most comprehensive timeline of their activity.

I had two heart attacks in February and my health has not been great since. I may at some poInt have a coronary bypass. We'll see. But the main artery causing me all the trouble is not responding well to the 6 stents and multiple angioplasties it's had to endure.

I agree with the assessment regarding Snowcrash I see expressed here. He basically harassed everyone into leaving. Truth action was always a target of trolls. But there were also veteran posters there who were browbeaten and regularly insulted into leaving.

In my opinion the Truth movement was so effectively destroyed by disinformation, disruption and legitimate stupidity that I no longer see it as a legitimate avenue for activism. It is simply too soiled by bullshit to rehabilitate. Headlines CONTINUE regarding 'Truthers' claiming Newton was a hoax - essentially putting more nails into an already airtight coffin.

But - I do think there is still a place for scholarly documentation of the facts. The historical record still needs to be clarified and protected. In this sense Wikileaks is on the front lines - and perhaps a comprehensive compendium of protected facts - a wikiHistory - is in order. I'm not sure what the mechanism would be to protect it from attack - as it would certainly be attacked with disinformation - but I think the world becomes increasingly endangered by the proliferation of 'digital facts' that can be altered at will by governments.

I don't have much strength left. I'm wired into a survival routine balancing career and family. I've got a 3 year old son to support and struggling against an aging process that has taken me completely by surprise.

There are just a handful of scattered people who have had the longevity to have witnessed what happened with this social experiment of ours. I was never ideal for this. Over time virtually every single participant who I viewered as 'real' either grew to not respect me or outright hate me. Lol. That's fine. I do have a life outside of this. I tried. I failed. We failed. But it wasn't all for nothing. And it is for that reason that I hope that you do everything in your power to protect the intellectual property of TruthAction and TruthMove and find some way to transform yourselves into something new. History needs a new way to express itself that is legitimate and insulated from the hostile powers that be. 9/11 is just one tiny part of a global threat to a post-journalism world.

Invent it

Peace out

Posted 10 years ago #
  19. truthmod
    Administrator

John, thanks for sharing your thoughts. I hope your health improves. We've done our best and we've probably had more of an effect than we imagine.

I've essentially checked out of the "truth movement" for the last 5 years, besides a few posts on here. However, I will always carry this experience with me and it will inform everything I do.

The discerning people are few and far between. We put a tremendous effort into making this movement more effective and responsible, but the odds were stacked against us. The story of 9/11 truth seems to be one wave of activists after another, each becoming demoralized after a period of energy and urgency. Some of the forces that encouraged our demoralization were organized saboteurs, others were gullible and mistrusting of critique and discernment. Some were just the average psychologically-scarred, devoid of critical thinking, hate and resentment-filled folks that make up our population.

We must resist demoralization, and sometimes that means changing tactics or giving up on a fight that you are losing.

We'll do our best to maintain this site and the history here. Maybe some day, someone will write the definitive history of the 9/11 truth movement.

Posted 10 years ago #
  20. truthmover
    Administrator

I contacted Cosmos again and volunteered to work out any technical issues with TruthAction.

Meanwhile, some new posts and solid traffic at 9/11 Truth News and the Facebook page. And that got the site back in the top 10 for "9/11 truth" on google.

Posted 10 years ago #
  21. truthmover
    Administrator

Well, no word. Guess it's all gone for good. A million man-hours or thoughts, insights and feelings down the drain.

Posted 10 years ago #
  22. truthmod
    Administrator

That's sad to hear. The truthaction forum is an important historical document. I hope the actual database is backed up somewhere. Someone could put together an amazing book by compiling and editing down all the posts on truthaction and truthmove.

Posted 10 years ago #
  23. christs4sale
    Administrator

You might be able to go to: http://web.archive.org/web/20130205050805/http://t...

And then use a utility like Site Sucker: http://sitesucker.us/home.html

I have used it to download entire websites.

Posted 10 years ago #
  24. christs4sale
    Administrator

I just tried it, but it does not work with an archived website. On the other hand, I think that Archive.org will have it up there for a long time.

Posted 10 years ago #
  25. truthmover
    Administrator

Cool. But there was a lot of content in private areas that can't be accessed. Content that could have been used for research or writing a book. I'm having a hard time believing that Cosmos would be so reckless with other people's energy. Maybe he'll get around to it in the future at some point.

Posted 10 years ago #

Reply »

You must log in to post.