Forum

TruthMove Forum

TruthMove Forum » TruthMove Main Forum

Image of Coretta Scott King and James Earl Ray Purged (13 posts)

1. truthmover
    Administrator

So I got to looking for an image that used to be featured at The King Center after the 1999 civil trial.

It was an image of Coretta King and James Ray holding hands, I believe. It's a very powerful and useful image but now appears to have been completely purged from the internet. There's simply no way that someone didn't grab the image and put it up on their site. Although it's possible that the King estate dug in and made everyone take it down.

I was wondering if there's any way we could find it or get a copy?

Here's the only image I could find that indicates the cooperation between the King family and Ray.

Posted 10 years ago #
  2. truthmod
    Administrator

That image sounds familiar. If you can't find it online, the only thing left to do might be to contact the King Center and ask about it. The 45th MLK assassination seemed to pass with not much fanfare. I wonder what percent of the population knows about the civil trial.

Posted 10 years ago #
  3. truthmover
    Administrator

I wrote William Pepper. He got back to me, but initially thought I was referring to the image above. I clarified, but I'm not sure he's going to get back to me.

Yeah, the next step is to contact the King Center. But as the image is no longer there and nowhere else online, I'm thinking they not only wanted to take it down, but had other's take it down too. So perhaps they don't want the image to be public anymore.

Maybe they will at least offer a reason why.

Posted 10 years ago #
  4. mark

I don't know about Coretta meeting Ray but Dexter King met with Ray just before Ray died and told him the family believed he didn't do it.

The trial transcript is still on the King Center website but it's not on the home page, as it should be.

I got into some arguments with some liberal / left peace activists a few days ago who dismissed the "government killed MLK" story as just "conspiracy theory." I've never had that reaction from African Americans.

Posted 10 years ago #
  5. mark

http://www.thekingcenter.org/assassination-conspir...

After four weeks of testimony and over 70 witnesses in a civil trial in Memphis, Tennessee, twelve jurors reached a unanimous verdict on December 8, 1999 after about an hour of deliberations that Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. was assassinated as a result of a conspiracy. In a press statement held the following day in Atlanta, Mrs. Coretta Scott King welcomed the verdict, saying , “There is abundant evidence of a major high level conspiracy in the assassination of my husband, Martin Luther King, Jr. And the civil court's unanimous verdict has validated our belief. I wholeheartedly applaud the verdict of the jury and I feel that justice has been well served in their deliberations. This verdict is not only a great victory for my family, but also a great victory for America. It is a great victory for truth itself. It is important to know that this was a SWIFT verdict, delivered after about an hour of jury deliberation. The jury was clearly convinced by the extensive evidence that was presented during the trial that, in addition to Mr. Jowers, the conspiracy of the Mafia, local, state and federal government agencies, were deeply involved in the assassination of my husband. The jury also affirmed overwhelming evidence that identified someone else, not James Earl Ray, as the shooter, and that Mr. Ray was set up to take the blame. I want to make it clear that my family has no interest in retribution. Instead, our sole concern has been that the full truth of the assassination has been revealed and adjudicated in a court of law… My husband once said, "The moral arc of the universe is long, but it bends toward justice." To-day, almost 32 years after my husband and the father of my four children was assassinated, I feel that the jury's verdict clearly affirms this principle. With this faith, we can begin the 21st century and the new millennium with a new spirit of hope and healing.”

TRANSCRIPTS

Posted 10 years ago #
  6. truthmod
    Administrator

The convoluted plots including the mafia and various agencies, assets, and parties serves a good purpose for the conspirators of making the whole thing sound outlandish and confusing. When you start asserting that the FBI, local police department, military, mafia, etc. etc. were all involved in a conspiracy, some people assume you are crazy.

It continues to fascinate me that many people who have done no personally-motivated research on a topic such as the MLK or JFK assassination (or 9/11) believe that they have the truth. You may have read books on these topics and devoted solid chunks of time to looking into the details, but these people have no qualms about dismissing anything you might bring up. Hypocrisy has a way of cropping up in the intellectually dishonest and mentally unbalanced and it's ironic that many of these people accuse us of ignoring and cherrypicking the facts to support our conclusion. Another hilarious one they claim is that believing in conspiratorial dynamics is more "comforting" than acknowledging that we live in a chaotic and random world.

Posted 10 years ago #
  7. christs4sale
    Administrator

Do you know when you used to see it and what part of the page?

Did you try the Way Back Machine?

http://web.archive.org/web/20050526082635/http://w...

It can be useful to uncover things that people try to bury (not saying that is what the King family is doing).

For the Jowers trial, I highly recommend the 13th Juror. I have mine on Kindle and read little bits of it when I get a chance.

Posted 10 years ago #
  8. truthmover
    Administrator

Thanks for the suggestion. I looked around and images weren't available.

Pepper and The King Center haven't got back to me. I figure they are burnt on conspiracy types hounding them. But my messages were very sincere and raised the historical significance of the image.

I think it's rude of them not to even write me a courtesy message.

Posted 10 years ago #
  9. christs4sale
    Administrator

I will check several books when I go home today, but I do not think that that photo is in anyone of them. I have James' autobiography, both of James' brothers' books and a relatively rare book by someone who was friends with James during the last year or so of his life.

I can email John Judge or Jim DiEugenio. They would know.

Posted 10 years ago #
  10. truthmover
    Administrator

As I said to Pepper and the King Center, I think the image both historical significance and instructional value. I think it would be worthwhile to ensure that it hasn't been lost.

Posted 10 years ago #
  11. christs4sale
    Administrator

Jim D. did not know. Unfortunately, I think we are going to get the fuzzy treatment that is typical of Pepper on this.

Posted 10 years ago #
  12. truthmover
    Administrator

Thanks. Yeah, I sent Pepper a message that he clearly didn't closely read. He sent me back a message suggesting that I might be talking about the image above that I had already mentioned. I wrote back trying to be more clear and he ignored the response.

Posted 10 years ago #
  13. thevillage

I recall seeing these pics of Dexter and Ray -- but I don't recall that Mrs. King was in any of them.

Posted 10 years ago #

You must log in to post.