Forum

TruthMove Forum

TruthMove Forum » TruthMove Main Forum

12 years ago 9/11/01 (7 posts)

1. truthmod
    Administrator

Pete Carroll, 9/11 Conspiracy Theorist
    http://deadspin.com/is-pete-carroll-a-9-11-truther...

Last spring, the Seahawks coach sat down with the army's former vice chief of staff. Carroll wanted to know whether the attack on the Pentagon had really happened. Even after the four-star general told him many of his colleagues had been killed, Carroll was still "skeptical."

‘Bleeding Edge,’ a 9/11 Novel by Thomas Pynchon http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/11/books/bleeding-e...

There are moments in “Bleeding Edge,” when Mr. Pynchon uses his hefty arsenal of talents to capture the churning anxiety of New York at the turn of the millennium with gorgeous sleight of hand, but there are also embarrassing sequences with characters nattering on and on about “false flag” capers, insinuating possible United States government or Mossad involvement in the Sept. 11 attacks. There are some razzle-dazzle descriptions of various computer programs — including one that transports users to vividly realized virtual paradises — but there are also lots of tired complaints about “sewers of greed” and consumerism in millennial Manhattan.

Posted 10 years ago #
  2. truthmod
    Administrator

Woody Harrelson, Martin Sheen Take 9/11 Conspiracy Theories to Big Screen in 'September Morn'

http://www.hollywood.com/news/movies/42602709/wood...

A successful movie doesn't require a broad audience, it just requires enough of an audience. In the last few years, savvy producers have tapped into hyper-specific markets and have seen their films explode: Kirk Cameron commands the Christian community in a string of serious dramas; pot smokers have found a haven in Netflix Instant; right-wing crusaders helped turn 2016: Obama's America into one of 2012's biggest documentaries. Now, a roster of big name stars are combining forces to provide insight and dramatic entertainment to another demographic: 9/11 conspiracists.

Announced on their official website, Fleur De Lis Film Studios will produce September Morn, a dramatic look into the arguments of "Truthers," those that believe the attacks of September 11 were an inside job fueled by the American government. The movie will attempt to find financial backers at this year's American Film Market, but a name cast should make for an easy sell.

Posted 10 years ago #
  3. mark

http://www.oilempire.us/911.html

September 11 is a political Rorschach Test. Most perspectives contain pieces of truth but are wrong.

The official story that there are Muslims who want to attack the US has some truth but ignores how that anger is a reaction to US intervention in the Middle East. The 9/11 Commission claimed the feds were too incompetent to "connect the dots" and creating a surveillance society is needed to prevent a repeat attack.

Many liberals / leftists / progressives highlight "blowback" -- the attackers were motivated by revenge for US policies. But blowback alone does not explain how the attacks were allowed to happen. US allies provided specific warnings about who, what, where and when. The FBI agents who tried to stop the attacks were blocked by headquarters, which was obstruction, not incompetence.

The 9/11 truth movement correctly says there was a deliberate conspiracy but their most popular claims contain discrediting disinformation. Mixing true conclusions with false evidence -- conspiracies to make fake claims of conspiracy -- is an effective way to cover up conspiracy.

The media correctly state that Flight 77 hit the Pentagon, thermite isn't used to demolish buildings and the firefighters watched the twin towers and Building 7 bulge and lean before they fell down. They ignore the suppressed warnings, the best evidence of complicity.

Neither the media nor some of the conspiracy crowd highlight the CIA's "plane into building" exercise and the NORAD war games that morning -- the real failure to connect the dots.

Posted 10 years ago #
  4. truthmod
    Administrator

Was this the most pathetic anniversary yet? Seems like it. There is no movement left and I can't blame anyone for dropping out.

Posted 10 years ago #
  5. BrianG

Well, as Scoop Nisker used to say back in the glory days on KMPX or KSAN in San Francisco, "If you don't like the news, go out and grow some of your own."

If the widows would lead, I would follow. It seems they don't want to lead.

Posted 10 years ago #
  6. BrianG

I was in Manhattan that day. I've got some stories about why I'm personally involved with 9/11, but I'm not going to bore y'all with them now. Suffice it to say that I can't let it go. So here I am.

Posted 10 years ago #
  7. truthmod
    Administrator

I was in Tribeca 10 blocks away. The first plane flew over my head.

I was amazed to learn that Cosmos gave up (from what I gather, correct me if I'm wrong) on 9/11 activism, but don't blame him for a second. I wasn't embarrassed to stand in front of thousands of New Yorkers with a banner that said, "9/11 Was An Inside Job," but a few years later I feel like the "movement" has degenerated to a point where I don't want to be associated with it. I am embarrassed by what it has become. Maybe I was just naive. I'll still represent my opinions and information if I'm provoked or asked to do so, but usually I keep them to myself.

Posted 10 years ago #

You must log in to post.