Forum

TruthMove Forum

TruthMove Forum » TruthMove Main Forum

Midwest 9/11 Conference (7 posts)

1. BrianG

Champaign Urbana, Location: Urbana Free Library, Auditorium 210 West Green Street in downtown Urbana, Illinois.

September 22, 2013 1:30-5:00pm

Moderator:

Kevin Barrett, Ph.D.

speakers:

Wayne Madsen , Investigative Journalist, and

James Fetzer, Ph.D., Founder of Scholars for 9/11 Truth

Posted 10 years ago #
  2. BrianG

Fetzer faces charges of antisemitism and general nuttery in comment thread to "Sunday conference to focus on 9/11 attacks" article at newsgazette.com. Locals seem pretty riled up, citing Fetzer links to Moret, Rokke, and Von Kleist.

Barrett brags at Veterans Today in "Controversy Stalks Sunday’s 9/11 Truth Conference".

Posted 10 years ago #
  3. BrianG

Dr. Fetzer baptizes himself in poo in his responses to the charges of antisemitism and holocaust denial. I guess too many years in Duluth makes him believe such attitudes should play in Peoria. Dr. Barrett could surely give him some pointers in staying just knee-deep--but why should he when their purpose is obviously to do everything they can to discredit the truth movement, and they measure their influence according to how much anger they can inspire?

Posted 10 years ago #
  4. BrianG

If we wanted to have a viable truth movement, we would have a website with downloadable materials so local activists could print fliers and pamphlets and stand at the door and say "These guys are clowns. Here's some good materials about 9/11." When we abandon the field to fools and knaves we create the impression that the 9/11 Truth movement was never anything but fools and knaves.

Posted 10 years ago #
  5. truthmod
    Administrator

We have some materials here: http://www.truthmove.org/resources/ We probably should have put up a small size flyer too.

But I think the main issue is that the disinformation agents are better funded and have more time to work on all of this. If someone was paying me $50K/year to promote 9/11 truth, I could probably do some real good. As it is, I don't have the time, money, or inspiration to fight this particular battle at this time.

All of the biggest disinfo people have been relentless in their efforts. Eventually they wear you out. If almost anything you do is infiltrated and subverted and 90% of the "leaders" turn out to be unreliable or worse, you tend to get disheartened.

We tried to push the movement in a more responsible direction, along with a handful of others. We were not successful, except in terms of drawing some clear distinctions that may be useful to others who are struggling to figure out which sources to trust or how to promote a real truth movement.

http://www.truthmove.org/content/2008-declaration/

I think it's really interesting to note the differences between JFK research and 9/11 truth. JFK research is respectable while still marginal. Books are published by academics with major publishers. Research is regularly done in a scholarly way. You are not necessarily dismissed as a kook for questioning the official story. 9/11 truth evolved and exists primarily on the internet--even if many books have been published, there's no comparison to JFK. In the 9/11 movement, anything goes, there is an obvious lack of maturity and decorum, and the disinfo folks run the show. With JFK, you have a hardcore group of researchers who generally know who's legit and who's not. They have focused less on "building a movement" and more on laying out a case for the truth. Have they achieved more than the 9/11 movement? They've had 38 more years than us, but at least they have maintained some sense of responsibility and respectability since the beginning.

Posted 10 years ago #
  6. mark

Mr. Fetzer did the same muddying of the waters to JFK truth as to 9/11 truth.

When "demolition" joins "no planes" in the realm of distractions there there might be some potential for 9/11 truth to be truthful.

Posted 10 years ago #
  7. BrianG

No reports anywhere about the Urbana "Midwest Conference". Not a peep out of Barrett on it.

Posted 10 years ago #

You must log in to post.