Forum

TruthMove Forum

TruthMove Forum » TruthMove Main Forum

Beheadings (8 posts)

1. truthmod
    Administrator

I've written about this before, but it's worth bringing up again. How does one beheading video compete with killing hundreds of thousands or millions of people, many of them women and children? The power of the beheading video is propaganda and it supports the empire that uses drones to kill your family while some soldier plays a video game on the other the other side of the planet. So much cleaner. So much more civilized. Those people are animals.

Not sure if this is legit, but the Nick Berg video always looked a little suspicious to me. Haven't watched this one, not sure I want to.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleea...

http://www.reddit.com/r/conspiracy/comments/2e14iy...

Posted 9 years ago #
  2. BrianG

If the beheading videos are faked, why doesn't ISIS say so?

This has always puzzled me: If Osama didn't do 9/11 and the alleged hijackers are still alive, then why doesn't some rich sheikh make a feature documentary and say so? Why do they leave it to the likes of Kevin Barrett and Gordon Duff to bungle the assertion of the case?

Why doesn't a rich sheikh hire the best engineering firm in the world to issue a report proving that the towers and WTC7 were brought down by controlled demolition?

Posted 9 years ago #
  3. truthmod
    Administrator

Maybe the rich Saudi sheikh produced the videos because he wants the US to take on ISIS. Maybe he's also a major funder of ISIS and the whole point is to root out subversive muslims and eliminate them while entrenching imperial control of more territory. Maybe the CIA funds him. Maybe the media is more controlled than you imagine.

Was anyone also surprised that we had no forewarning about this ISIS group until they had taken over a large part of Iraq and scored $425 million? Those trusty reporters didn't seem to be keeping us up to date.

Also, anyone remember the killing of Osama Bin Laden three years ago? That was another proud moment for the world media.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Osama_bin_La...

Posted 9 years ago #
  4. BrianG

I knew about ISIS a long time ago from the Cannonfire blog. Joseph Cannon was reporting that a disproportionate amount of the US support was going to radical islamist volunteers in the Syrian rebellion, among them groups that were responsible for atrocities such as killing monks. Cannon also reported on a CIA "ratline" by which the Syrian rebels were supplied, through Turkey, with weapons taken from Libyan armories. I'm pretty sure Cannon mentioned ISIS in these early posts.

Cannon is very interested in the Daniel Hopsicker stuff, and many of the commenteers to his blog are insightful and well-informed.

Posted 9 years ago #
  5. mark

Cannonfire blog has also long had a policy of not wanting demolition hoax comments.

I won't be watching these videos, whether they're faked or not. My guess is they're real and yes.

No rich sheikh will likely hire an engineering firm to promote the claim that the USA blew up the towers. First, they are unlikely to want to blame the USA for something that Arabs did (there's a fair number of people in that region who were happy the attacks happened) and no reputable engineering firm in the world is going to promote blatant structural hoaxes if they want to maintain the ability to design structures for clients.

Posted 9 years ago #
  6. BrianG

Cannonfire is pushing this very stimulating 21-minute video about ISIS. I haven't fact-checked any of it, but Joseph in my experience is very conscientious in his journalistic standards. He made his bones when his girlfriend saw the box on Bush's back during the presidential debates.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Im6BK-HA9Y0

Guys, I admire you all greatly (and Nick Levis too, MIA) and it makes me very sad to see you so dispirited. Have you found anything else to put your prodigious talents to? Californians can participate in the CA Clean Money campaign to get the California DISCLOSE Act passed, which 80% of the voters support and which would require corporate political advertisers to identify themselves on the ads. Lawrence Lessig's Mayday PAC is also a good cause, and the affiliated organization RootStrikers.

Joseph Cannon calls CD enthusiasts "trannies". That's OK with me. I'm fine with Amy Goodman, too. Her work is valuable as far as she goes, and I'm not going to beat her up for her limits. I have little doubt that news celebrities have been bombarded with 3:00 am phone calls from Alex Jones nutjobs---or people who pretend to be Alex Jones nutjobs. It wouldn't take many calls like that to give me a very poor impression of a cause. How about you?

Posted 9 years ago #
  7. BrianG

Speaking of MIA, what about Cosmos? Are you guys buying the story that he found true love in New Zealand and retired? I like Cosmos and I understand that he had to take a lot of shite, but I always wondered how he managed to create such a spectacular web forum when he didn't seem to have the requisite skills.

Posted 9 years ago #
  8. truthmod
    Administrator

The beheading videos don't have to be literally "faked" to still be examples of deceptive propaganda. Does releasing these videos really strengthen ISIS' standing or just give the US/"international community" a better excuse to intervene militarily?

I have no idea what happened to Cosmos but the Truthaction forum was a simple template just like ours. I know several people accused us of being plants because we had a slick website back in 2006 (same one you see now). Our site was designed by a volunteer prodigy who liked our ideas and saw the potential in our project. He also designed 911blogger for the same reasons. There are a lot of people out there who think they are pretty smart. Also a lot of trolls.

What made the Truthaction forum special was simply that so many people participated (and they had a good project and probably pretty good moderation). I didn't spend much time there but maybe truthmover can add something...

Posted 9 years ago #

You must log in to post.