Forum

TruthMove Forum

TruthMove Forum » TruthMove Main Forum

Guns and Butter radio show on Pacifica - Disinformation (14 posts)

1. truthmod
    Administrator

http://gunsandbutter.org/

Every time I happen to hear an episode of Guns and Butter on KPFA, the guest is either Webster Tarpley or Judyth Vary Baker. It's a real shame that such a prominent show is full of crap. She also had a global warming denier on recently.

Is the host Bonnie Faulkner just naive? Has anyone tried to challenge her to be more responsible.

Posted 8 years ago #
  2. truthmover
    Administrator

Pacifica has been carefully infiltrated and slowly undermined at the local and corporate level since the 90's. Same is true about NPR and PBS to a lesser degree. Public broadcasting scares the shit out of The Man.

Posted 8 years ago #
  3. truthmod
    Administrator

The Project Censored Show is pretty responsible from what I have heard:

https://kpfa.org/program/project-censored/

Posted 8 years ago #
  4. mark

Project Censored gave their 9/11 awards to the no plane and demolition promoters, not the Complete 9/11 Timeline, From the Wilderness or similar investigations.

Posted 8 years ago #
  5. BrianG

Mickey and Peter have been a mixed bag--mostly very good with a few disappointments. Project Censored validated the Operation Northwoods information at a critical time in my activist career.

Posted 8 years ago #
  6. truthmod
    Administrator

I have a very focused campaign idea: get Guns and Butter off the air and replace it with a responsible "conspiracy" friendly radio show. There should be enough heavyweights in the research community who would sign off on a petition to have Bonnie Faulkner and her embarrassing show booted off the air. That slot on Pacifica should be given to someone who knows what they're doing. If the higher ups at Pacifica are supportive of this disinfo show, we could at least raise a stink about it and make it clear that many people are not happy with it...

If any of you are interested in doing this, we could perhaps create a private forum to discuss it.

Posted 8 years ago #
  7. BrianG

KPFA is a minefield. I didn't understand the controversies ten years ago and I still don't understand them. Mickey and Peter are surely well aware of the situation. Bonny has been an institution for a long time. She had Indira Singh on. I don't follow her program so I can't comment except to say beware of destabilizing the situation before a clear alternative has been developed.

Posted 8 years ago #
  8. mark

There's no shortage of substitute programs that could go in their time slot.

But even without a substitute lined up, airing the crap they run is inexcusable.

The few good shows they have run seem to be bait for the outrageous nonsense.

As Peter Dale Scott once said, the best disinformation is mostly correct.

Posted 8 years ago #
  9. truthmod
    Administrator

I agree with Mark, getting Guns and Butter off the air is a good idea, whether or not another conspiracy friendly replacement is ready. I do think having another show to pitch could be a good element to include in such an effort.

I'm sure there is some history and behind the scenes maneuvering at KPFA that I'm not aware of. I wouldn't be surprised if people had already tried to get G&B off the air and failed.

Posted 8 years ago #
  10. truthmod
    Administrator

Take a look at the guests/speakers they have aired:

http://gunsandbutter.org/archived-show-list

Webster Tarpley is her go-to guest and Fetzer and Barrett have been only plenty of times as well.

Posted 8 years ago #
  11. BrianG

I don't think you guys recognize the insular nature of the Berkeley community. The activists have all known each other for years. For an outsider to institute a campaign to replace Bonnie Faulkner would be very difficult. It would be necessary to enlist the aid of locals. The only way I'd know to find them would be to look at candidates at KPFA elections, presumably losing candidates.

I wish y'all could find something better to do.

How about a second edition of Ruppert's book, updated and pruned to 1/3 of its length? That would be worth doing.

Posted 8 years ago #
  12. mark

If that station isn't able to screen out a show that mostly promotes "fact challenged" guests with a few actual experts sprinkled in, then that says a lot about the quality (or lack thereof) of their journalism.

Insular isn't quite the word I'd use.

How many people really listen to KPFA anyway?

As for a revised version of a book from a deceased person, that's even less likely than Guns and Butter admitting they've promoted liars on their show.

Posted 8 years ago #
  13. mark

Here's a good, short summary of "Crossing the Rubicon"

Crossing the Rubicon: 
Simplifying the case against Dick Cheney 
by Michael Kane 

fromthewilderness.com/free/ww3/011805_simplify_case.shtml

Means: Dick Cheney and the Secret Service

Dick Cheney was running a completely separate chain of Command & Control via the Secret Service, assuring the paralysis of Air Force response on 9/11. The Secret Service has the technology to see the same radar screens the FAA sees in real time. They also have the legal authority and technological capability to take 
supreme command in cases of national emergency. 
Dick Cheney was the acting Commander in Chief on 9/11.

Motive: Peak Oil

At some point between 2000 and 2007, world oil production reaches its peak; from that point on, every barrel of oil is going to be harder to find, more expensive to recover, and more valuable to those who recover and control it. Dick Cheney was well aware of the coming Peak Oil crisis at least as early as 1999, and 9/11 provided the pretext for the series of energy wars that Cheney stated, “will not end in our lifetime.”

Opportunity: 9/11 War Games

The Air Force was running multiple war games on the morning of 9/11 simulating hijackings over the continental United States that included (at least) one “live-fly” exercise as well as simulations that placed “false blips” on FAA radar screens. These war games eerily mirrored the real events of 9/11 to the point of the Air Force running drills involving hijacked aircraft as the 9/11 plot actually unfolded. The war games & terror drills played a critical role in ensuring no Air Force fighter jocks — who had trained their entire lives for this moment — would be able to prevent the attacks from succeeding. These exercises were under Dick Cheney's management.

Posted 8 years ago #
  14. truthmod
    Administrator

Latest G&B show featured Sandy Hook conspiracies.

http://www.gunsandbutter.org/

How many people really listen to KPFA anyway?

A lot. It's a major station in the Bay Area, with a really strong signal and tons of listeners.

I wish y'all could find something better to do.

Sometimes just keeping our websites online is as much as we can do.

Posted 8 years ago #

You must log in to post.