Forum

TruthMove Forum

TruthMove Forum » TruthMove Main Forum

Osama bin Laden's books included "Crossing the Rubicon" (14 posts)

1. truthmod
    Administrator

and "The New Pearl Harbor"

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/the-surprising-bo...

Osama bin Laden liked to read about the New World Order — a conspiracy theory that holds that a secretive, rich and powerful group wants to rule the world.

The al Qaeda leader had a lot of downtime during his decade in hiding following his masterminding of the 2001 attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon. His reading list, as recovered by the raid on his Pakistani compound in 2011 and in part released by the U.S. government on Wednesday, offers some insight into his state of mind.

Bin Laden liked to read what journalists — many from the U.S. — wrote about al Qaeda as well as religious documents in Arabic and English-language books. Perhaps unsurprisingly, there was no self-help book or beach read among them.

“It’s an interesting selection,” says Aram Sinnreich, media professor at Rutgers University in New Brunswick, N.J. “It’s far more political and economic than religious or ideological.”

• “Bounding the Global War on Terror” by Jeffrey Record

• “Checking Iran’s Nuclear Ambitions” by Henry Sokolski and Patrick Clawson

• “Christianity and Islam in Spain 756-1031 A.D.” by C.R. Haines

• “Civil Democratic Islam: Partners, Resources, and Strategies” by Cheryl Benard

• “Confessions of an Economic Hit Man” by John Perkins

• “Conspirators’ Hierarchy: The Committee of 300” by John Coleman

• “Crossing the Rubicon” by Michael Ruppert

• “Fortifying Pakistan: The Role of U.S. Internal Security Assistance” (only the book’s introduction) by C. Christine Fair and Peter Chalk

• “Guerrilla Air Defense: Antiaircraft Weapons and Techniques for Guerilla Forces by James Crabtree

• “Handbook of International Law” by Anthony Aust

• “Hegemony or Survival: America’s Quest for Global Dominance” by Noam Chomsky

• “Imperial Hubris” by Michael Scheuer

• “In Pursuit of Allah’s Pleasure” by Asim Abdul Maajid, Esaam-ud-Deen and Dr. Naahah Ibrahim

• “International Relations Theory and the Asia-Pacific” by John Ikenberry and Michael Mastandano

• “Killing Hope: U.S. Military and CIA Interventions since World War II” by William Blum

• “Military Intelligence Blunders” by John Hughes-Wilson

• “Project MKULTRA, the CIA’s program of research in behavioral modification.” Joint hearing before the Select Committee on Intelligence and the Subcommittee on Health and Scientific Research of the Committee on Human Resources, United States Senate, 95th Congress, first session, August 3, 1977.

• “Necessary Illusions: Thought Control in Democratic Societies” by Noam Chomsky

• “New Pearl Harbor: Disturbing Questions about the Bush Administration and 9/11” by David Ray Griffin

• “New Political Religions, or Analysis of Modern Terrorism” by Barry Cooper

• “Obama’s Wars” by Bob Woodward

• “Oxford History of Modern War” by Charles Townsend

• “The Rise and Fall of the Great Powers” by Paul Kennedy

• “Rogue State: A Guide to the World’s Only Superpower” by William Blum

• “The Secret Teachings of All Ages” by Manly Hall (1928)

• “Secrets of the Federal Reserve” by Eustace Mullins

• “The Taking of America 1-2-3” by Richard Sprague

• “Unfinished Business, U.S. Overseas Military Presence in the 21st Century” by Michael O’Hanlon

• “The U.S. and Vietnam 1787-1941” by Robert Hopkins Miller

• “Website Claims Steve Jackson Games Foretold 9/11,” article posted on article posted on ICV2.com (this file contained only a single saved Web page)

Posted 8 years ago #
  2. truthmod
    Administrator

Wow, the government really went out of their way to make a splash with this release. Of course we should be skeptical about any of the information.

http://www.dni.gov/index.php/resources/bin-laden-b...

Maybe this is part of the continuing operation to equate "conspiracy theorists" with "terrorists."

img

Posted 8 years ago #
  3. truthmover
    Administrator

Yep. Those are the books that terrorist read. Beware!!!

Posted 8 years ago #
  4. mark

http://www.rigorousintuition.ca/board2/viewtopic.p...

Re: The truth about the killing of Osama bin Laden by JackRiddler » Thu May 21, 2015 9:29 am

You think this has anything to do with a psy-op to flush the Hersh story out of the system and to associate Chomsky, Chossudovsky, Palast, anti-capitalism, leftists, 9/11 skeptics, Federal Reserve critique and all the rest with the terrorist America-hating mass murderer enemy of the world? They even threw in a JFK assassination book (Richard Sprague, hm - it's available online in full).

Posted 8 years ago #
  5. truthmover
    Administrator

Good to see that Nick is still kicking around.

Posted 8 years ago #
  6. truthmod
    Administrator

“Secrets of the Federal Reserve” by Eustace Mullins

Eustace Mullins!!

I guess the RI board is still pretty active. Too bad there haven't been any new blog posts by Jeff in 4 years.

They know that most people will never read any of those books, especially after seeing them on bin Laden's list. It's funny to see the US intelligence community listing some very legitimate literature that destroys the myth of America. I guess they are confident that whoever might be intelligent enough to read some of those books is not going to do so after seeing them here.

William Blum, a vocal critic of U.S. foreign policy, wasn’t disturbed by learning that bin Laden had two of his books. In fact, bin Laden had previously mentioned one.

“In 2006, as you may remember, bin Laden appeared on an audiotape urging Americans to read ‘Rogue State,’” Blum said. “This made me an instant celebrity and I was all over the media, which before then, and since then, has ignored me.”

Blum’s latest book, “America’s Deadliest Export: Democracy: The Truth About U.S. Foreign Policy and Everything Else,” argues that U.S. foreign policy has been on “autopilot” since World War II.

Posted 8 years ago #
  7. mark

I've posted this before:

"If the organizing principle is that the government lies, but there's no organizing principle to how you get to the truth, then anything is possibly the truth. People will organize around disinformation just as easily as information. The way covert operations do effective disinformation is they give the truth to the people who are discredited and they give the lie to the people who have great credibility - the way they disinform from both ends and confuse people. They put out stories - as we know from the assassinations - that will lead us down false paths, that will lead us to false sponsorships." -- John Judge, Coalition on Political Assassinations, conference on the 37th anniversary of the assassination of Robert F. Kennedy, June 5, 2005

Posted 8 years ago #
  8. BrianG

It cheers me to see that Nick is still out there. How he managed to maintain his prodigious honesty while avoiding getting banned at democraticunderground I'll never understand. He has oodles of patience I don't have.

Posted 8 years ago #
  9. truthmover
    Administrator

Democratic Underground is a pit of filth. Nicks continued willingness to haunt that troll hangout is really more a measure of foolishness than patience. But again, glad he's still out there.

Posted 8 years ago #
  10. truthmod
    Administrator

Rawstory/Guardian quotes Fetzer

9/11 truthers (naturally) wary of Osama bin Laden’s conspiracy theory obsession

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/05/911-truthers-natur...

“I don’t doubt that Osama would have found Griffin’s brilliant book really informative,” said Jim Fetzer, a founder of Scholars for 9/11 Truth, “but Osama died on about 15 December 2001. He was suffering from serious diseases, including a kidney disease, and it’s hard to get those dialysis machines in and out of those caves in Afghanistan.

“Even Fox News reported this at the time, although I don’t regard that as an always reliable source,” Fetzer added.

Indeed, while the wrinkle of Bin Laden’s taste for tales about 9/11 truthers and the occult was “fascinating”, Fetzer said, the entirety of the documents released Wednesday, as well as the 2011 raid by US Navy Seals on Bin Laden’s Pakistan compound in which the al-Qaida leader was killed, constitute “elaborate political theater” in Fetzer’s mind.

“Osama bin Laden had nothing to do with 9/11,” Fetzer said, dismissing the 2004 videotape in which Bin Laden took credit for the attacks. “The whole story we’ve been told is a complete charade.”

The reaction at hubs of conspiracy theory was similarly unbowed by revelations from the 2011 raid.

“Am I the only one who thinks that a bunch of CIA documents released years after the fact are nothing more than propaganda?” asked Jesse Wyneck at InfoWars , the website of conspiracy theorist and radio host Alex Jones.

Virtually all the most popular theories about 9/11 have been thoroughly debunked by both the investigators of the 9/11 commission and independent experts in aviation, engineering, the military and other fields.

Posted 8 years ago #
  11. mark

Any media quoting Mr. Fetzer for the conspiracy side is either extremely careless or setting up a false opposition.

Posted 8 years ago #
  12. mark

I'd also be surprised if the claim that OBL died in 2001 was actually true. It's been floated many times but never with actual evidence.

Posted 8 years ago #
  13. truthmod
    Administrator

Just watched Mike Ruppert's "Truth & Lies" for the first time in a few years. I wonder what he would have said about his book being in Bin Laden's collection.

Latest DNI site "Bin Laden's Bookshelf"

https://www.dni.gov/index.php/resources/bin-laden-...

Posted 7 years ago #
  14. truthmover
    Administrator

Hey, my login works again.

He's probably still alive. Really.

Posted 7 years ago #

You must log in to post.