Forum

TruthMove Forum

TruthMove Forum » TruthMove Main Forum

Barret has a New Book (7 posts)

1. BrianG

He's editor. It's about the Charlie Hebdo thing.

Authors include Rabbi Lerner, John Cobb, Cynthia McKinney, Paul Craig Roberts.

He's already been banned from Canada, but is planning a West Coast tour in July.

Posted 8 years ago #
  2. truthmod
    Administrator

MUJCA strikes again. I always wonder about those who still associate with people who have been thoroughly discredited. Did anyone try to warn Lerner or McKinney about Barrett?

Posted 8 years ago #
  3. BrianG

I don't know what anyone else did. I wanted Barrett out of the 9/11 Truth movement and actually suggested to him that if he (and his buddy Willy R) shifted to overseas alliances that might be better for everyone. They've both done so.

For a while I monitored Barrett's blog (he calls that "stalking" and he calls quoting his public statements "libel") and sometimes if he announced an upcoming radio interview with a prestigious guest (such as Helen Caldecott) I would email the guest and clue her in about Barrett's record of bigotry and advocacy of violence. But generally I share that Aspen culture of leaving celebs alone, so it never occurred to me to contact Lerner and McKinney. Should I have emailed all the people who participated in the "9/11 and American Empire" anthology? I'd sure like to know who financed that book and how the decision was made to make Barrett co-editor.

Posted 8 years ago #
  4. BrianG

I bought the book, but haven't had time to read it. On the face of it it seems there is some evidence to suggest that the Charlie Hebdo attacks may not be what is assumed. In the London bombings on the subway and the bus on 7/7 we had a similar situation. In both cases I am simply not willing to invest the time. I call this Conspiracy Fatigue, and I would not be surprised if disinfo ops want to create such events.

In the next few years we can expect elaborate efforts to further Conspiracy Fatigue to blunt the force of the 2018 50-year assassinations anniversaries. So let's anticipate them.

Posted 8 years ago #
  5. truthmod
    Administrator

The aide said that guys like me were "in what we call the reality-based community," which he defined as people who >"believe that solutions emerge from your judicious study of discernible reality." ... "That's not the way the world really >works anymore," he continued. "We're an empire now, and when we act, we create our own reality. And while you're >studying that reality—judiciously, as you will—we'll act again, creating other new realities, which you can study too, and >that's how things will sort out. We're history's actors…and you, all of you, will be left to just study what we do."

In both cases I am simply not willing to invest the time.

I think this is wise. They want you wasting your time. Whether that means spending all your time and energy researching something legitimate or something completely fictitious. As long as, your energy is not productive in countering them, they have succeeded.

http://www.truthmove.org/content/priorities/

Posted 8 years ago #
  6. truthmod
    Administrator

I caught a snippet of Kevin Barrett on Guns and Butter today. I guess he's also coming to Berkeley to speak soon. As I've said before, it's a major insult to have such blatant disinformation aired on KPFA.

https://kpfa.org/episode/guns-and-butter-july-22-2...

Sponsored by No Lies Radio, BFUU Social Justice Committee, and the Northern Calfornia 9/11 Truth Alliance

http://www.bfuu.org/index.php/events

https://www.facebook.com/events/1628078227406655/

Posted 8 years ago #
  7. mark

Guns and Butter seemed real when it first premiered.

Pacifica Radio and fact checking seem to be opposite concepts.

Astonishing that the Unitarians would sponsor this BS.

Posted 8 years ago #

You must log in to post.