Forum

TruthMove Forum

TruthMove Forum » TruthMove Main Forum

Antifa (7 posts)

1. truthmod
    Administrator

Antifa looks likely to made up of cells run or influenced by right-wing provocateurs. The College Republican groups that are bringing the fascists to speak are probably coordinating some of the attacks as well. And, yes, there are probably some violent and unstable "left-wingers" out there as well. People pepper spraying Trump supporters are probably not on our side though.

These people specialize in provocation and dirty tricks. Milo calls himself a provocateur.

Next time one of these people gets pepper-sprayed, I want independent confirmation that it wasn't just ionized water.

Female MILO Fan Pepper-Sprayed At UC Berkeley
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x643kcoc8FU

Fake antifa site admitted to be a front setup by Trump supporter. https://antifascism.org/

Conservative speaker Gavin McInnes pepper-sprayed by NYU protesters http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/feb/3/gav...

Watch out for the hipster-fascists and the "proudboys".

Posted 7 years ago #
  2. truthmod
    Administrator

The troll wars:

https://www.wired.com/2017/02/neo-nazis-face-new-f...

But President Trump’s election has rejiggered the antifa-versus-white-supremacist struggle. “Most of the trolling had been coming from the right,” says Phyllis Gerstenfeld, a criminal justice professor at CSU Stanislaus who has studied extremist groups on the internet. “Suddenly, we see a lot more nasty trolling coming from the left. It’s a reaction to power shifts.” With the right in power, the left is alienated and ready to raise hell.

Meanwhile, the Meme War has metastasized to Reddit at large: “/r/antifa was never an antifascist subreddit,” IamSeth says. “It is a honeypot run by members of the Ku Klux Klan.” (I wasn’t able to confirm the Klan connection, but when I reached out to the /r/antifa mods, an individual who goes by diversity_is_racism denied the honeypot claim, but said he or she thinks Richard Spencer is “a good guy.”)

Posted 7 years ago #
  3. truthmod
    Administrator

Make America Ungovernable
    Posted on Feb 5, 2017

By Chris Hedges

http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/make_america_u...

If nonviolent protest is met with violence, we must never respond with violence. The use of violence, including property destruction, and taunting the police are gifts to the security and surveillance state. It allows the state to demonize and isolate a mass movement. It drives away the bulk of the population. Violence against the state is used by the authorities to justify greater forms of control and repression. The corporate state understands and welcomes the language of force. This is a game the government will always win and we will always lose. If we are perceived as a flag-burning, rock-throwing, angry mob that embraces violence, we will be easily crushed.

We can succeed only if we win the hearts and minds of the wider public and ultimately many of those within the structures of power, including the police. When violence is used against nonviolent protesters demanding basic forms of justice it exposes the weakness of the state. It delegitimizes those in power. It prompts a passive population to respond with active support for the protesters. It creates internal divisions within the structures of power that, as I witnessed during the revolutions in Eastern Europe, paralyze and defeat those in authority. Martin Luther King Jr. held marches in Birmingham, Ala., rather than Albany, Ga., because he knew Birmingham Public Safety Commissioner “Bull” Connor would overreact and discredit the city’s racist structures.

Posted 7 years ago #
  4. mark

"The tyranny of power is here. Current events tell us that those who killed Kennedy can only perpetuate their power by promoting social upheaval both at home and abroad. And that will lead not to revolution but to repression. I suggest to you, my friend, that the interests of those who killed Kennedy now transcend national boundaries and national priorities. No doubt we are dealing now with an international conspiracy. We must face that fact - and not waste any more time microanalyzing the evidence. That's exactly what they want us to do. They have kept us busy for so long. And I will bet, buddy, that is what will happen to you. They'll keep you very, very busy and, eventually, they'll wear you down. The truth was easily ascertainable. I feel that my work on the assassination is an accomplishment which required little intelligence, minimal analytic ability, and no special talents. Rather, it reflected a willingness to bear witness to the truth irrespective of the consequences. In my responsibility to adhering to the truth as I saw it, I have been and will continue to be, oblivious to all the consequences of its expression."

-- Vincent Salandria, a veteran of the "JFK Truth Movement"

Posted 7 years ago #
  5. truthmod
    Administrator

I witnessed the antifa vs. trump supporter violence today in Berkeley. When I first arrived, I thought the antifa people were the Trump people. They had the same macho and aggressive attitude that I expected. From what I saw, the Trump people were much less confrontational.

The whole thing was a circus. The police just lined up on the perimeter of the park and let the violence play out: fistfights, sticks cracking skulls, pepper spray, people being stomped on the ground.

Some of the people on both sides seemed like they just enjoy fighting.

This was the first time I've seen Trump supporters in person, in a group. They were a strange bunch. Definitely some nerds and social outcasts among the rednecks. There was a nice rockabilly looking guy with an Infowars t-shirt. I saw asians, latinos, and a couple black people among the Trump people.

https://twitter.com/search?q=%23berkeleyprotests

Posted 7 years ago #
  6. truthmod
    Administrator

I saw some really bloody Trump supporters. I thought they might have had some fake blood packets to add into the mix.

Posted 7 years ago #
  7. BrianG

Years ago I read somewhere that mass social movements only succeed when it gets to the point that the police are on their side.

We bring that day closer when we eschew violence and vandalism, and demonstrate courage and adherence to admirable principles.

Posted 7 years ago #

You must log in to post.