Forum

TruthMove Forum

TruthMove Forum » TruthMove Main Forum

Fahrenheit 11/9 (2 posts)

1. BrianG

I'd be curious to hear others' reactions.

I've only read a couple of reviews. It struck me that neither went into Moore's extended metaphor comparing Trump to Hitler and the Reichstag Fire to 9/11.

Moore took a large view, saying it took a whole series of presidents to bring us Trump, and was scathing in his criticism of Hillary and of Obama.

As an aside (not Moore's aside, my own aside), the large view invites us to speculate about what might have been had Gary Hart been president.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2018/...

Posted 5 years ago #
  2. mark

Mike Ruppert used to point out that acquiescing to the removal of JFK from office, from the full truths of Watergate, October Surprise 1980, Iran-Contra, etc. led to 9/11.

www.kennedysandking.com

THE ASSASSINATIONS Probe Magazine on JFK, MLK, RFK and Malcolm X Edited by James DiEugenio and Lisa Pease

"The cumulative effect of these assassinations is quite clear. They resulted in the death of the old Democratic Party and the birth of the new Jimmy Carter-Bill Clinton-Al Gore Democratic Party. .... "Imagine if you can, that if in the mid-1980s, at the height of the GOP Revolution, Ronald Reagan, Pat Robertson, Newt Gingrich, and George Bush Sr., had all been assassinated in the space of five years. Would the Republicans and the media not suspect something more than coincidence or happenstance? Would their party and their causes be able to sustain the loss? Would Dan Quayle and Bob Dole have been able to pick up the baton? Would history not have been quite different? Certainly, the Democrats were not able to sustain the loss. Nothing comparable filled the gap, nothing even came close. So the constellation fell from the sky and without any pressure from the left, our public debate shifted slowly, inexorably to the right." -- p. 635, 638

Posted 5 years ago #

You must log in to post.