Forum

TruthMove Forum

TruthMove Forum » TruthMove Main Forum

Tim Robbins interview with Matt Taibbi (3 posts)

1. truthmod
    Administrator

I agree with Tim Robbins on a lot concerning the lockdowns, demonization of the unvaccinated, etc. But maybe I'm just a nazi.

Robbins and the Lost Art of Finding Common Ground

The star of films like The Producer and Bull Durham opens up about two tough years of pandemic politics, and worries society is purposefully phasing out the common meeting space

https://taibbi.substack.com/p/tim-robbins-and-the-...

Posted 1 year ago #
  2. mark

It's spelled "not see."

I've never been a fan of Matt Taibbi. He's good at snark. Sometimes has had a few essays worthy of reading but they're mostly recycled stuff from other sources (in my view).

http://www.oilempire.us/rolling-stone.html

Is his attack on 9/11 "truth" - mixing the nonsense of Loose Change with the claim there weren't any people who had a theory of the case. Well, there was Ruppert and a few others, but they were ignored by the leaders of 9/11 truth and certainly not covered by wannabe mainstream journalists taking down the crazy making of the no plane and demolition hoaxes. I haven't been surprised that he has more recently promoted covid hoaxes, which fits my view that reporters on covid should have a basic understanding of the biology, public health, something to write more than graffiti with punctuation (quoting a character in the movie Contagion). The only non-scientist journalist I've paid much attention to in the past three years is Laurie Garrett, who isn't an MD or PhD or something similar, but took the time to learn the science and is a credible writer. I read her book "The Coming Plague" about a quarter century ago and recommend her work. She said early on that covid would likely be at least a three year crisis and I hope she is wrong.

I liked Tim Robbins film “Bob Roberts” for its Iran-Contra theme but I’m not particularly interested in what a Hollywood celebrity thinks about viral pathogens, immunology or public health. I don’t take medical advice from actors. And the interview contains a lot of bullshit. He echoes the lie that so-called natural immunity is somehow more effective than vaccines (even though it is not). This is a standard anti-vax hoax and led to a lot of deaths from the naive and gullible. Being organic or liking homeopathy (as touted in the interview) doesn't do anything when your immune system gets overwhelmed by sars-2.

I like how Singapore dealt with the deniers. Those who refuse vaccination have to pay the cost of their hospital bill if they get a bad case and need treatments.

It's not "asking questions" when the answers are provided and one still claims not to hear them. This is precisely the mindset that sank the JFK truth movement and other efforts supposedly dedicated to exposing deep scandals.

"I'm just of the belief that your health is determined by your relationship with your body and your mind." - Tim Robbins

Yes, he is dumb about medicine. I doubt he ever took a biology class and certainly doesn't know any medical people who have spent the last almost three years dealing with sick deniers in their hospitals, especially those who denied the disease could impact them and refused the basic protection that likely would have kept their sorry asses out of the hospital. Yes, the vaccines only REDUCE transmission, not prevent it, but they are very effective at keeping the disease relatively mild (you might feel like crap for a couple days but you won't need oxygen in an ICU).

And that dumbness got a million of our fellow citizens killed, and many millions more seriously injured. How cute that he complains about a lack of empathy when he is showing severe cluelessness about concern for others.

Posted 1 year ago #
  3. truthmod
    Administrator

And that dumbness got a million of our fellow citizens killed, and many millions more seriously injured.

Wait, so the unvaccinated and the vaccine skeptics are to blame for the whole thing?

I don't see you laying any blame on the health care industry and pharma companies for this:

Universal Health Care Could Have Saved 330,000 Lives During Covid: Report
    https://finance.yahoo.com/news/universal-health-ca...

Posted 1 year ago #

You must log in to post.