Forum

TruthMove Forum

TruthMove Forum » TruthMove Main Forum

TM back on the streets! (12 posts)

1. truthmod
    Administrator

TM back on the streets!

After a couple brutally cold months, we plan to get back on the streets pushing the TM message. We were at Ground Zero on Saturday.

You can see the pictures here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/truthmove/sets/721575...

Posted 17 years ago #
  2. Victronix

That's excellent! Thanks for posting those and for being out there (it's over 70 where I am in CA right now -- I left the NY cold about 20 yrs ago!). Are you guys members of the scholars group, or are you interested? You don't have to be 'scholars' to join but I'd love to get some mention of your work out there more and supported. Come and join if you like -

http://stj911.org/members/join.html

We have a members contribution page -

http://stj911.org/contributions/index.html

and the top one on there right now was Richard Gage's recent presentation to his architecture firm - he had a 100% sucess rate of those who came (only 1 or 2 wouldn't come).

I think its important to get the things that people are doing out there to give everyone else ideas and encouragement, and you guys are doing a lot.

Posted 17 years ago #
  3. truthmover
    Administrator

Community outreach

Thanks for the encouragement. It really helps. And thanks for the invitation. We are back on the street with new materials, and a lot of enthusiasm. We will also be spending more time on the Outreach section, keeping the journal up to date, and working on the Outreach Guidelines page.

We want this section to "get the things that people are doing out there." To provide a positive example of local activism. Let us know if you have any recommendations.

Posted 17 years ago #
  4. Victronix

Rosie demo in NYC on Wed

Repost from Blogger - maybe someone could make some decent flyers for this if any of you go? She (or her webmaster) is finally linking to wtc7.net at least . .

Demonstration of Support for Rosie O'Donnell March 21st Wednesday – 9:30am Outside ABC The View Studios 320 West 66th Street , just past West End Ave., NYC

http://abc.go.com/daytime/theview/directions.html

NY911Truth and CHANGE will be outside ABC’s the Views Studios this Wednesday to support Rosie O'Donnell courageous and brave actions standing up for 9-11 truth. Rosie O'Donnell has been Ignored by most of the 9-11 truth movement and Ignored by the mass media. We as citizens of New York say enough is enough and were going to show Rosie support for Standing up for the truth. We’re going to be outside ABC studios with our “9-11 was an inside” banner and “Thank You Rosie Sign’s”, anyone is welcome to come.

After Rosie O'Donnell gone public doubting the official story of 9/11, the main stream media has openly ignored Rosie O'Donnell just like they ignore the family members of 9/11 victims and first responders who question the official story of 9/11.

The main stream media concentrates their efforts on mindless fluff like the dispute between Rosie O'Donnell and Donald Trump. Why won’t they cover Rosie O'Donnell talking about 9/11 truth? It is clearly evident the establishment media knows about this story and has chosen the blackout option, rather than the discrediting method of debunking. The truth behind 9-11 can longer be debunked.

Go to www.WeAreChange.org for more info and updates. Contact Luke Rudkowski for more info Email: revolutionchl@yahoo.com Site: www.myspace.com/peoplesv

Posted 17 years ago #
  5. osram

Well I'm new here.

But I certainly could make a flyer.

What kind of Flyer are you envisioning? Do you mean of those rather small A4 Zickzack 6-Page flyers for instance?

Or what is needed exactly?

I really like how TM is able to give out the message to the real world. Unlike ATS which is bound to remaining unpolitical, which i can perfectly understand.

Posted 17 years ago #
  6. truthmod
    Administrator

thanks osram

good to have you here on our board.

i believe NY911Truth is currently working on a new flyer. i think they're going to lose the "fat bin laden" point, and hopefully some of the other more speculative pieces.

we have a full-color flyer that we use, but we also hope to create a folded page black and white one for easy and cheap reproduction.

you are welcome to take a shot at a flyer, it's actually a fun exercise to condense such complex topics into a small format. we can't promise we'll use yours though; we are very particular about what we present to the public :D

our color flyer: javascript:imagePopup('http://truthmove.org/workspace/photos-content/flyerboth.gif')

Posted 17 years ago #
  7. osram

Well normally i dont take care about the text-content but i sure do the layout of the text and decent presentation of the message and images/symbols.

I don't have a final version of my current flyer, as it is still being developed. The people in my project/group certainly like it.

They say it's refreshing, with a young touch and still pleasing.

I haven't made an education in this direction, but there's a guy in our group with 20+ yrs of work experience in the graphic sector and he keeps telling me that I've got a flair and talent, i should do an education. (What I'll probably catch up - Even if I'm 23 yrs old already.)

But through this project I am recently learning alot about the preprint DTP process, and what has to be taken in account. Btw: The project is of social nature too, we are going to offer an infrastructure for free internet access made by poor people.. for poor or unemployed people.

They can come to the Internet-Café and meet people in the same situation. Get support with application letters. And simply have a place for free communication, which otherwise would not be offered.

It is a very special project and we are having alot of success. Recently we got the contract for renting a shop in the perfect location, and the Café will be opened in June.

Anyway.

The first thing is that we europeans have another format for pages. Our A4 Format is 297x210mm. So i think it differs quite a bit from the US-Standard. What's the common US Format of a regular page called exactly?

About the flyer you linked to I have following questions:

• What about the backside? I assume this is your US format with a break in the middle. Or is that the backside plus frontside? (2 Full pages?)

• I can't really judge the size of the small texts because I've never had the US Format of a page in my hands. But it seams really small.

This is a difficult topic, and people tend to close down. They won't open up. Therefore it is specially important that they don't feel overwhelmed with confusing information.

When i look at the flyer the first impression is that it won't be alot of fun or pleasing to read through this information.

The Enormous Headlines are catchy, but that's about it. One side filled with images, the other side with text.

• Personally I'd say there should be only few images used at the exactly relevant spot of the text. It let's them gain more weight, and if the text is made up as a "whole text", instead of sentences or points, it will give this flyer alot more scientific weight and credibility.

• The colors are horrible.

• In general the concept of your "message" has to be overthought. It is better to compress the flyer with only the most important facts. It is better to get people believe in only 3 facts or elaborations in your flyer with a definate and convincing "Aha!" Effect, instead of talking about 7 topics, but not even 1 will get through to the receiver of our message.

• Finally I perfectly realize that this is probably an older flyer. With another "image" in general. The new logo and colors used on the webpage are very pleasing and much more professional. I like the Design of this Website ALOT. Crisp, decent and simple. But still with some nifty little details.

I don't want to offend the person who made that flyer with maybe older and less elaborated Logo/Colors as material for the Flyer, to work with. Handling critics is not always easy, I currently experience this with my passionate work in Graphics/Design/Layout alot.

It is important though that people can express their critics freely, without the criticized person starting to defend himself on a personal/emotional level, or closing down completely.

That's the only way to develop a professional message which still contains the philosophy/image of the group which gives out the information.

• What is really appealing in this community is the reminder to concentrate on the REALLY important topics. And that is the most important message which has to pass through to the reader of the flyer.

<> I will attempt to make a flyer as soon as i have a bit of spare time. Someone needs to send me the Vector/Original format of the new logo and other materials so I can make an example with blindtext.

But you guys will also have to work up a new compact text/concept which contains the philosophy of this community/website.

It is in my eyes (I dont take care of writing) very challenging to write up a full, coherent text in "Book/Letter-Form". Especially when it is about this difficult topic of "conspiracies".

I wish the writer good luck, and I'm looking forward to contribute my work to a product which will be used in the real world.

Cheers ;)

Posted 17 years ago #
  8. truthmod
    Administrator

thanks osram,

i designed that flyer myself. but no offense taken. the colors didn't print as expected and generally people have widely divergent aesthetic sense. we have gotten almost universal complementary feedback to that flyer. but as they are about to run out, we will probably be designing one that it is more polished.

thanks for the critique. you are welcome to try your hand at a flyer, but we'd definitely want to see it before a truthmove logo goes on it. i suggest you design something for your own use, and then it can possibly be converted to a truthmove piece...

common US paper formats are 8.5" X 11" and 8.5" X 14"

Posted 17 years ago #
  9. osram

Well.. i think you are pretty inexperienced in regards of text/image layout and on how to get a message through to people.

I dont want to make an arrogant impression, but converting "a flyer which is made for myself" to a flyer for your community just doesn't work. The concept is missing.

The basic foundation for transmitting information is the following:

[Sub-Culture or Community. (Sender of the Message)]

---->

[Message] (Which has to be on par with the Community's philosophy and the Receiver of the message. And naturally, it has to provoque the desired effect.)

---->

[Receiver of the message] (The target group in this case is anyone; Be it young or old. Be it people who are already into conspiracy-stuff a bit, or be it people who are still living a regular life with completely closed eyes.)

I certainly agree on working together with the Group, the Writer, and myself. To make up a decent product which corresponds to this community's most important philosophy.

Although i somehow understand, that you are not willing to send me the material to work with, because you don't just want to send the Original Logo to anyone on the Web.
    It also puzzles me a bit.

I will simply copy the Logo from the title banner and give you some kind of "Alpha-Version", of my interpretation of a needed flyer this weekend.

I also wonder how many people are actually having something to say in the running group of this community. That would be an interesting question. I mean what numbers are we talking about here? Just out of curiosity.

Finally I want to say, that I certainly won't make some example for you guys to copy it and use it for yourself.
    For your information: There is copyright law, which states that the "mental creator" of a creative product holds the rights for it's use completely. The publication of a product without having the copyright is illegal.

I will agree on working together as soon as you have seen an example of my competence. But I wont let myself be messed around with in this case.

You have to decide upon seeing my interpretation of the message.
    Work together with me, or leave my product to me.. and do your own stuff.

I'm not burning to do a flyer on the web to prove my "uber-l33t" skillz to someone or anything. As i said, this is not the first time i work with graphics and I am involved with my own works alot already.
    I really want to help you guys out, if possible. Because this website/idea makes a really good impression to me. Nothing else.

I hope this doesn't too juridic or harsh. Just want to make my point clear. ;)

Posted 17 years ago #
  10. JohnA

Interupt FoxNews' live broadcasts!!

Join us in interupting FoxNews' live broadcasts tomorrow morning at 8:00am.

'Fox and Friends' broadcasts in front of an open window every morning.

It is time to confront the attacks coming from this network by forcing our message onto their airwaves.

I will be in front of FoxNews' studios tomorrow morning at 8am on 6th avenue with a sign. I hope other NY activists will join me is showing Fox's viewership that New Yorkers are demanding truth - and we are not going away.

Posted 17 years ago #
  11. truthmod
    Administrator

thanks john

i was at the rosie o'donnell action and it was pretty exciting. i think the major media can hear us rumbling at the door...and we may be about to knock the door down.

i'm out of town so i cant make it to this but i hope other truthmovers and readers will try to be there.

Posted 17 years ago #
  12. truthmover
    Administrator

Well, I guess that leaves me.

O.K. I called and made my presence possible. And I'll bring the sign. I'm sure that someone will be there to help me hold it.

Posted 17 years ago #

You must log in to post.