Forum

TruthMove Forum

TruthMove Forum » TruthMove Main Forum

[closed] "The Great Global Warming Swindle" (4 posts)

1. "The Great Global Warming Swindle"

Watch on Google Video here

Please all you guys convinced by Al Gore’s movie watch this with an open mind! TruthMove could even be one of the pioneering organisations that is actually genuine about the environment and pursues the truth about Global Warming.

Documentary's Webpage

Posted 17 years ago #
  2. truthmod
    Administrator

Climate scientist 'duped to deny global warming'

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,,20...

The film, shown on Thursday, was made by Martin Durkin. In 1997, he produced a similar series for Channel 4 called Against Nature, which attacked many of the claims of the environmental movement

I like how they say "Tens of thousands of jobs depend on global warming. It's a whole industry..." What about the global oppression industry?

This is slick, I'm not buying it. See how many times they just say "it's lies" "it's not true" without backing it up with any evidence.

Yes I know temperature has varied throughout history, so does Gore and all the Scientists who do believe in human-caused warming.

This doc is totally pro-business. Are you pro-business Dem? See how glowing the narrator speaks of "luxury" and "industry?"

Yeah, CO2 and temperature have nothing to do with each other because from 1940-75 temperature didn't go up!?
    This is idiotic, 35 years is nothing, other factors are at play.

This is not about having an open mind, but rather about rigorous critical thinking skills.

I repeat: Dem, do you think there is nothing wrong with the world industrial economy? Do you think it just produces wealth and happiness for the world. Do you think the 3rd world should follow the USA capitalist model so they can have DVD players, ipods, and take jet trips?

Posted 17 years ago #
  3. Re: Climate scientist 'duped to deny global warming'

truthmod Wrote:

I repeat: Dem, do you think there is nothing wrong with the world industrial economy? Do you think it just produces wealth and happiness for the world. Do you think the 3rd world should follow the USA capitalist model so they can have DVD players, ipods, and take jet trips

No dude, I think the Sun is the main driver in planetary climate change, and I think that you might have a very strong bias towards manmade C02 emissions being the major cause. So much of a bias that you're now accusing me of being pro-business and slandering the documentary and all the MIT, NASA and former IPCC scientists as being pro-business also.

Posted 17 years ago #
  4. truthmod
    Administrator

locking thread

i didn't accuse/slander you or the scientists. i asked you and i made an accurate statement about the documentary itself. i don't believe you're being intellectually honest (open minded, thinking critically) on this subject, so i am going to lock this thread.

if you insists on continuing to post this kind of stuff to our board, please do it on the existing thread that you created.

no offense, we just seem to have a fundamentally different take on this stuff, so you might as well give up in trying to convert us to your position.

TruthMove could even be one of the pioneering organisations that is actually genuine about the environment and pursues the truth about Global Warming.

Posted 17 years ago #