Forum

TruthMove Forum

TruthMove Forum » TruthMove Main Forum

911initiative.org - NYC ballot initiative, signatures (4 posts)

1. truthmod
    Administrator

911initiative.org - NYC ballot initiative, signatures

http://911initiative.org

BALLOT INITIATIVE FOR AN INDEPENDENT 9/11
    INVESTIGATION. NEW YORK CITY VOTERS PLEASE
    VISIT WWW.911INITIATIVE.ORG FOR MORE INFORMATION

PETITION PHASE APRIL/MAY 2008 THROUGH JULY/AUGUST 2008

During this 4 month period, volunteers will mobilize to collect signatures of New York City residents who are registered voters. 50,000 valid signatures are required. The usual practice is to collect as many signatures over and above that amount as possible, in order to allow for invalid signatures. With polls showing over half of New York City’s population of 8 million people being in favor of an independent 9/11 investigation, collecting the signatures shouldn’t be a problem. Typically, all that is necessary is a card table and a folding chair to solicit signatures in front of malls, grocery stores, and any other place where people gather. Additionally, the Internet has proven to be a valuable tool in distributing petitions and creating awareness through message boards, web sites and chat rooms. It will also be necessary to continue raising funds for the promotion phase of the program.

PROMOTION PHASE AUGUST/SEPTEMBER 2008 THROUGH NOVEMBER ELECTIONS

In the run up to elections, contributions will be used to promote the initiative to New York City voters. Once again, the Internet is a valuable tool in distributing information, as well as traditional brick and mortar advertising media. Just making the ballot is a big step in the right direction. The issue becomes part of the voter’s pamphlet and one that is difficult for the media to ignore.

My background in 9/11 research dates back about 4 years when I started a discussion forum on Silicon Investor. I don’t make speeches, sell T-shirts, host conferences, produce documentaries, write books, etc.. I offer the above reference simply because it is the only one I have. While the format is somewhat unwieldy, it is possible to go back to earlier posts on the board and view what I’ve had to say on and off the topic over the past 4 years. Much of it amounts to thinking out loud, and little of it would ever be confused with professional journalism. The only guide I have attempted to adhere to throughout the course of that project is that what I had to say at any particular time is what I believed to be true at that particular time. As a result, while there is much I would not point to as my best, there is little I would retract. I’m providing the information because I believe you have a right to ask,. “Who is this Don Earl person behind 911initiative.org?”.

The site, 911initiative.org, is designed in a simple HTML format, which should display properly using any browser made in the past 10 years. It should load quickly at any connection speed. It not a code hog and consumes very little bandwidth or cache. It’s purpose is to convey a fairly simple outline of an action plan capable of running an end play around the investigation stand down by our elected representatives. The project started with some cheap bandwidth and one person attempting to promote a concept that has evolved over the course researching 9/11 for the past 4 years.

Unfortunately, while I sincerely believe it could work, the project by its nature is not possible to operate as a one man show, especially when that one man lives closer to Seattle than New York. For the project to succeed, it will be necessary to form a group in New York City to help organizing the project at the local level. Many hands make light work. A thousand people committed to collecting 100 signatures of registered NYC voters would make the project a slam dunk. More would be better. It could be done with less.

The bottom line is a lot of help is needed to get this project off the ground. If you would be willing to cooperate with other 9/11 activists, and work together toward a common goal, please consider getting actively involved. There is a lot to do for everyone from professionals to amateurs, so all you need is some spare time and dedication to the idea this is something which needs to be done

Posted 17 years ago #
  2. Victronix

The guy (Don Earl) who is promoting has written several emails which I've seen in which he claims that Steven Jones is intentionally trying to discredit the movement and calls him a fraud. Along these lines, he openly supports Rick Siegel, describing his film is strong "smoking gun" evidence.

A review of Siegel's film is here -

http://911review.com/reviews/911eyewitness/index.h...

Don Earl was critical of this review, saying he couldn't find anything about "nukes" in it.

Steer clear.

Posted 17 years ago #
  3. truthmod
    Administrator

gotcha

that's what i was hoping to clear up. les jamieson is also heavily into this 9/11 initiative campaign. it's seems like an extension of his ubiquitous calls to "write your congressperson."

i applaud efforts to get attention for 9/11 truth by getting it on the ballot...but this could also be huge waste of time, run by the wrong people.

Posted 17 years ago #
  4. truthmover
    Administrator

Thanks for the head up.

Sounds like he's trying to capitalize on being the first to propose this. He might be for real, but he seems a bit too concerned with establishing his independence, which turns out to be BS. I'm quite certain that people more honest and reputable than he will come to propose something very similar.

Posted 17 years ago #

You must log in to post.