Forum

TruthMove Forum

TruthMove Forum » TruthMove Main Forum

Supreme Court rules on car carbon dioxide emissions (2 posts)

1. Victronix

Supreme Court rules on car carbon dioxide emissions

Supreme Court rules on car carbon dioxide emissions The Associated Press Published: April 2, 2007 http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/04/02/america/...

WASHINGTON: The U.S. Supreme Court ordered the federal government on Monday to take a fresh look at regulating carbon dioxide emissions from cars, a rebuke to Bush administration policy on global warming.

In a 5-4 decision, the court said the Clean Air Act gives the Environmental Protection Agency the authority to regulate emissions of carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases from cars.

Greenhouse gases are air pollutants under the landmark environmental law, Justice John Paul Stevens said in his majority opinion.

The court's four conservative justices — Chief Justice John Roberts and Justices Samuel Alito, Antonin Scalia and Clarence Thomas — dissented. (continued)

Posted 17 years ago #
  2. truthmod
    Administrator

sarcasm

Well, if the Supreme Court ruled that global warming is real and caused/exacerbated by greenhouse gases, it must obviously be a global elite hoax to eliminate 90% of the population.

Oh, but those oh-so-honest conservative justices dissented because they stand for truth, freedom, and equality. Of course, it all makes perfect sense.

Oh no, actually my thinking is way more sophisticated than that: I don't fall for that false left/right dichotomy because I know that it's all just staged to make people think global warming is real by making the "good cop left" pro and the "bad cop right" anti. Wow, I'm getting the hang of this...X-D

[Seriously, thanks for this, I just added the story to the front page a few minutes ago.]

Posted 17 years ago #

You must log in to post.