Forum

TruthMove Forum

TruthMove Forum » TruthMove Main Forum

Oppositional Defiant Disorder? (1 post)

1. truthmover
    Administrator

Oppositional Defiant Disorder?

As far as I can tell, being that there is no physical test to determine mental illness, psychiatry is basically the sales arm of the pharmaceutical industry. Psychiatry identifies symptoms and then creates a disease to explain them. That's deductive reasoning entirely determinging physical diagnosis, and that doesn't work. You don't know someone has Epilepsy just because they have a seizure.

Now, more than ever before, drugs are being administered to children in order to modify behaviors almost entirely determined by psychology and health. Does anyone else have a really big problem with "Oppositional Defiant Disorder?" So now, if I've got this correct, we can give children drugs rather than giving them adequate attention, guidance, or discipline.

http://addadhdadvances.com/ODD.html

Since when were "opposition" and "defiance" defined as mental illnesses, and can the same diagnosis be applied to an adult? Both of these terms relate directly to a concept of authority. Whose concept? Is every bad parent now free to define their authority, and some relative defiance, and establish the necessity for administering drugs to their children?

I am obviously not knocking our many advances is pharmaceutical medicine. But when diseases are created by observation rather that physical tests, the result appears to lead many to self diagnosis, and lazy parenting. Oh, and billions in profit for a very few.

Posted 17 years ago #

You must log in to post.