Forum

TruthMove Forum

TruthMove Forum » TruthMove Main Forum

The Global Warming Jihad (3 posts)

1. The Global Warming Jihad

The Global Warming Jihad

Butler Shaffer Lew Rockwell.com Thursday April 12, 2007

In my college days, I was introduced to a book, written in 1841 by Charles Mackay. Titled Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds, it remains a worthwhile chronicle – at least through the mid-nineteenth century – of some of the consequences of mankind’s periodic collapses into mass-mindedness. If Mackay was around today, he would be able to devote a chapter to the emergence of the latest secular religion: environmentalism.

It is a common mistake for people to assume that religious faith and fervor are qualities to be found only within institutionally-structured churches with formal doctrines and rituals. They are to be found, in varying degrees, within all belief systems, be they secular or theistic in nature. The polar opposite philosophies of Marxism and Ayn Rand’s Objectivism – both of which openly condemned traditional religion – are, themselves, grounded in a faith in various central propositions. True-believers of these doctrines who voiced doubt as to any of the underlying premises, have been subjected to purges as enthusiastically conducted as medieval trials for heresy.

Continued: http://www.lewrockwell.com/shaffer/shaffer152.html

Posted 17 years ago #
  2. Rajjpuut

Actually, my friend, "global warming" is a serious misnomer which weakens the whole movement that should be associated with "Global Climate Change," the correct name for the phenomena we face every day as we go further into the 21st Century.

The meager temperature rise to be experienced is absolutely small potatoes and it is NOT uniform. The Antarctic winters, for example are colder while the summers are longer and much warmer. What is crucial is that extreme climate outbreaks (typically the word "climate" has been associated only with the long-term and "weather" with the short term . . . but we can expect the pattern of far greater incidences of more violent weather extending into the foreseeable future and intensifying: that is the real threat of Global Climate Change. Greater extremes in weather pattern are becoming the NEW EARTH-WIDE CLIMATE.

As for the great book you mention, I think the author would be scandalized that you are quoting his scripture in such a devilishly inappropriate way. Chicken Little was wrong; But your unsustainable views are those of BIG TURKEY.

Posted 16 years ago #
  3. Victronix

Parade magazine this weekend explained that the Global Warming problem is because of India and China.

Posted 16 years ago #

You must log in to post.