Forum

TruthMove Forum

TruthMove Forum » TruthMove Main Forum

TM lecture at BMCC (1 post)

1. truthmover
    Administrator

TM lecture at BMCC

We had the opportunity today to give a lecture at Borough of Manhattan Community College to about 50 - 60 students. We touched on 9/11, false flag ops, the environment, and media bias with the explicit intent only to promote skepticism and curiosity. We made it very clear that we intended to make no conclusions for them other than advancing the basic premise that they were not getting the whole story and that this was important, although we did share our opinions and suggest that our website might be a good place to start for the curious.

This was our first lecture in a large lecture hall, with multimedia capabilities. Although the internet was down. We had our power point presentation on a screen at about 8'x11'. It definitely helped keep the lecture on track.

The response didn't appear to be that much different than what we find on the street. A lot of apathy and a bit of interest. However, this group appeared to have been particularly unexposed to 9/11 truth. It was a privilege to be the first to introduce this subject matter to many of the students.

And despite our lack of having planned our lecture as well as we might have, simply knowing the facts and representing our concern for the issues carried us through. We hit a few points home really hard, and also told the group that not every 9/11 truth project is equally logical.

It's always strange to me to walk away from a situation like that knowing that I will have no idea what impact if any I have had. Did we change a mind? If nothing else we primed their sensitivity to some of these concerns. They might notice and read a news story that would not have caught their attention before. They might walk away with a positive impression of the movement. They might tell a friend who is more interested. Like so much of our work, the benefit is incremental and far reaching. We can not work to see the result for ourselves, although the brief conversation I had with one of the student after the lecture is all I really need to keep me afloat.

Anyway, this is something we look forward to doing more often in the coming year.

Posted 17 years ago #

You must log in to post.