Forum

TruthMove Forum

TruthMove Forum » TruthMove Main Forum

The Great Global Warming [Swindle] Rabbit Hole (31 posts)

1. PeterHolmes

You guys are right that I need to do more research and then come back to this discussion. It's just difficult because as I said earlier, the science is not as clear cut as molten metal and a building coming through itself at free fall speed. Also, it's difficult to know who to trust when even the most basic data (ike global temperatures over the last 10 years) appears contradictory depending on where you look.

I do find it funny though, that on the "global warming is not a hoax" page the BBC is cited for evidence. I mean, on a 9/11 truth forum, isn't that at least ironic?

And finally, Manatus wrote: <Peter, like with 9/11, to see thru the smoke and mirrors with this issue, just ask "who benefits"? The petroleum industry has caused the problem, and it is in their best interests to dodge accountability. In essence, if one believes global warming is a hoax, one has been fooled by the same folks that brought us 9/11.>

I see your point, which is that the oil industry benefits from calling it a hoax. But are the oil guys the top of the power chain? Could the oil guys have pulled off 9/11 by themselves? Because to my mind, the international bankers are at the top, and their goals for one world government supercede any battles over energy. They are the ones who empowered the neo-cons. So the question can also be asked, who benefits from promoting Global Warming? Answer: the NWO.

:P

Posted 15 years ago #
  2. PeterHolmes

duplicate

Posted 15 years ago #
  3. truthmod
    Administrator

Sounds like you have a pretty well-defined picture of the whole GW, NWO, International Banker analysis. I'm not sure we're really having an honest back and forth here. You start your post saying you need to do more research but end it with a very conclusive statement that reveals your existing attitude.

You also do not address any of the evidence posted on our GW page, and only choose to nitpick a source (not substance) that was only used because it provided one of the more recent and accessible resources on that topic (solar link to GW). If I had chosen a more "respectable" source, you probably would have just ignored it, as you did all the other points on that page. You were obviously looking to confirm your pre-existing views.

Sorry Peter, but from your posts here, I don't feel that you're interested in having an honest discussion or questioning your own (or more likely Alex Jones' and the right wing anti-NWO brigade's) beliefs on this topic.

http://www.truthmove.org/content/global-warming/

Posted 15 years ago #
  4. PeterHolmes

I didn't mean to state that last part about the NWO so definitively. The point I was trying to make is that there are other potentially major beneficiaries on the GW issue besides those who care about the environment. It's an important point because people often try to frame these issues within a left-right paradigm (environs on left, oil guys on right) when there is that whole other category of globalist bankers who transcend the left-right paradigm, and often play both sides against each other.

I also fully acknowledge that I have not addressed any of the evidence, which is why I have also not taken a stand on this issue in either direction. Some time and research is necessary before I feel like I can sort things out. Nevertheless, I stand by my BBC observation in light of the nature of that organization's attacks on 9/11 Truth.

And not to dispute your feelings but I actually am interested in having an honest discussion. It just seems like you guys have already made up your mind and have little patience for those who have not. What I have tried to do here is present a description of why someone unfamiliar with the hard science might be skeptical, and all I've got back is flak about being some foot soldier for Alex Jones. So let me be clear, I came here here to learn and discuss these issues to try and gain a better understanding. I am not a blind follower of Alex Jones (although you've yet to explicitly address why he's so awful) and I remain open to the evidence submitted from both sides.

:P

Posted 15 years ago #
  5. Manatus

Peter-

I have been aware of and following the scientific data indicating anthropomorphic global warming is occurring for over 20 years now. That is before it became such a political and conspiratorial issue. The science has always fascinated me regarding this issue. I could have gotten a job in the oil industry in the late 80's, but declined on principle because there was already enough evidence indicating that the industry was significantly accelerating the warming of the planet due to the burning of fossil fuels. I did not want to be a part of an industry that would benefit at the expense of future generations by destroying the very resources we depend on for life. My knowledge of this subject is not based on "trendy" environmentalism, paranoid conspiratorial thinking or politically partisan loyalties.

You make an illogical argument for supporting GW as a hoax. First you say you understand how the oil industry benefits by calling GW a hoax, but then jump to saying it's the bankers who dominate the globe and therefore the NWO benefits from promoting GW, yet provide no reason why or how.

How did the bankers make their money? Via commerce. What industry has fueled commerce more than any other in the last century? Petroleum. They consolidate power by working together. The neo-cons are as much descended from oil power as they are from banking power regarding your statement on that issue.

So the oil industry has directly enabled international banking to consolidate power. They are allies who benefit from actions that are destructive to this planets future in many ways, excessive dependence on petroleum products and the associated significant increase in CO2 in the atmosphere is one of them.

It is in their best interests to not address anthropomorphic global warming because they are causing it by actions that made them wealthy and more powerful. By calling GW a hoax, they buy more time to continue their reckless profit driven destruction of the very ecosystems our planet has depended to sustain itself to this point.

I have really tried to help you understand. Maybe you will, it's simple and clear. I think some people will believe what they want believe no matter what, even when logic and common sense clearly indicate otherwise. I have not yet heard a single argument for GW being a hoax that is free from political rhetoric, misinformation and misdirection.

I notice a pattern that most people who believe GW is a hoax or are not sure, always bring other issues into the discussion. Non relevant rhetoric usually. It's almost like they don't want to believe, despite simple clear facts.

Posted 15 years ago #
  6. chrisc

Meanwhile, in the real world, the police are attacking activists protesting against climate change in the UK: http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/2008/08/405125.html

Posted 15 years ago #

You must log in to post.