Forum

TruthMove Forum

TruthMove Forum » TruthMove Main Forum

Another Blockbuster Conference for 'Truth' (13 posts)

1. Victronix

It looks like there's some disinfo gaining ground in the Vancouver conference you'd advertising on your front page. Today I saw a link to 9-11 Eyewitness -

"Screenings and Workshops at this conference:

Several important documentaries examining the events of 9/11 in detail will be screened, including a preview of a forthcoming 9/11 documentary called Shadow Play by Australian director Gillian Norman Aus. and 911 Eyewitness (TV Edit) produced by the Blue Star Media Group." http://www.v911truth.org/conference2007.html

Blue Star Media . . . I remember looking that up some time back. I think they're connected to the In Plane Site promoters or something. I forget where I saw it.

But anyway, for those who don't know, 9/11 Eyewitness is a pseudoscience film which was never about research or science, but about making $20 per DVD and generating hype - lots of claims and little evidence that's rational.

Rick Siegel's 9/11 Eyewitness: Sensationalism and Pseudo-Science by Jim Hoffman http://www.911review.com/reviews/911eyewitness/ind...

It appears that many of the people invited to the conference are supporters of the no Boeing idea at the Pentagon. For example, Leuren Moret has said she is positive that a Tomahawk missile hit the Pentagon, and her friend took the radiation readings from her house in DC to prove it. Moret often sells 'In Plane Site' when she goes to an event.

AK Dewdney said that the Pentagon engine parts didn't match because the "engine [in the debris] is barely a third the diameter of a large turbofan engine that powers the Boeing 757." But he apparently forgot to actually look at one of those engines when he made that assertion since a simple cut-away image shows that the "high-pressure rotor . . . is in fact the diameter of such parts from a 757 engine."
    http://911review.com/errors/pentagon/turbofans.htm...

The cell phone analysis primarily alienates the families of the victims and has not been scientifically verified. Actual scientific studies suggest that, contrary to being impossible, "Passengers are using cellphones, on the average, at least once per flight." http://www.spectrum.ieee.org/mar06/3069

Another speaker, Dr. William Deagle, has been apparently quoted with the phrase - "TRITIUM = NUKES AT THE 911 WTC PROOF!!" Wonderful, just wonderful. http://www.911weknow.com/forums/index.php?topic=14...

Sounds like another blockbuster conference for 'truth.'

Posted 16 years ago #
  2. truthmod
    Administrator

OK, thanks Vic, the conference is gone from our front page. We pretty much have a zero tolerance policy for all the stuff you mention above.

By the way, do you know much about the Cleveland group and their plans for a conference in Chicago at the end of September? They've asked us to participate in the planning, but we're pretty cautious.

Oh, and it looks like they've moved the date back to January 2008 for this one: http://www.truthemergency.us/

Posted 16 years ago #
  3. Victronix

Thanks for the link . . . I'd heard about it but hadn't seen the details so far. Mickey is very good - we did Lifting the Fog with him. He's an excellent force to get the work done and prepare, and is fun too.

I'm not doing the Cleveland thing. I think there are good intentions, certainly, but I think they need more experience before taking something like this on. Organizing a large event with a group that isn't in agreement on the facts is extremely difficult and hence can be prone to disinfo -- the only way to keep disinfo out is to build a firewall and man it constantly. The best way to do that is to start with a handful of people that you agree with solidly on about the facts, the goals and the means, because just getting through the logistics without killing eachother is a triumph. But I also know of one person involved with the Cleveland group whose goal has been to make my life difficult as a forum moderator with STJ, so I'm not particularly interested in trying to sort through any of that either.

Posted 16 years ago #
  4. JohnA

Blue Star Media:

You are correct in flagging these guys. If you do a registration lookup on many of Rick Siegel's websites you will find Blue Star Media listed. They also package and sell 911Eyewitness.

Awhile ago i tracked down the owner of Blue Star Media - Jim Brewster. They are located in the North West. I discovered that he also registered websites with graphics that includes animations showing UFOs shooting laser beams at the towers.

I called this guy and reached him directly. he claims he had no knowledge of the content on Rick Siegel's or his own websites.

it is interesting to note that the website for Blue Star Media Group also includes a short video of an ultra-patriotic air force video showing fighter pilots landing on an aircraft carrier with the theme song from "Top Gun" playing in the background.

According to Brewster:

" From 1979 through 1986 I was a Navy Combat ameraman/Aircrewman. During that time, I directed, shot and edited thousands of feet of film and video on aircraft carrier flight decks."

i would love to find a partner who would be willing to confront Brewster on camera with printouts from his own websites. i could use the footage.

Posted 16 years ago #
  5. Victronix

Speaking of disinfo, here's a related gem . . .

http://911blogger.com/node/9373

Please vote it down if you can, at the least. It's not just 'controversial,' it's the hoax of the hoaxes.

Von Kleist reportedly made $1 mil on IPS.

Posted 16 years ago #
  6. truthmod
    Administrator

I always had a bad feeling about "Pilots for 9/11 Truth." It just sounded too perfect. And here we see the FOUNDER is on record as plane podder. Great.

I wish the Cleveland group well with their conference, and may offer some advice, but I just don't have any background with them. You never know when someone could pull an Eric D. Williams again... : )

It does seem like an effective conference must be organized by a tight-knit group of people with a defined structure and agreement on what will be included.

Posted 16 years ago #
  7. JohnA

Do it.

Get a venue in NYC and start announcing it. You would get the immediate support of the most credible voices in this movement.

Posted 16 years ago #
  8. truthmod
    Administrator

Thanks John,

We are considering some alternative event or action for the anniversary--a choice for those who want to make a distinction to the Loose Change/Infowars/We Are Change alliance.

Posted 16 years ago #
  9. Victronix

Yes, I agree. Almost anything you do on that date will get attention and now is the time to start planning. I know that Steve, Kevin R and Richard G will be doing a conf in Indiana on the 10th, but other than that I don't know of any events planned this year. But even just a series of films gets crowds. Doing it BEFORE the day-of also tends to get more people as they aren't burned out on 9/11 build-up yet. By 9/11 people just want to get through the day.

In our area the owner of the Grand Lake Theater calls up Carol B to ask her to show films during the week of.

Posted 16 years ago #
  10. truthmover
    Administrator

Suggestions/guidance please

We want to do something unique, sometime in the week before 9/11/07. We know that a lot of people will be here during that time, and we want to do something that these people can attend in the middle of other things happening that week. Maybe on Sun. the 9th. This will likely be a big day with many events, but if we announce sooner than later, we will draw some people.

Basically we are trying to decide what the theme of the event will be, as structure and participation extend from there. This is a unique moment for the movement as the general public is more skeptical than ever about government authority. At present many official lies look worse than the ones told about 9/11. Especially to the general public. People are more concerned about war and the environment. However, the 9/11 truth movement has essential insights to offer these people about the nature of the our present geo-strategy, insights that bear directly on their specific interests.

So, along the lines of what we had been talking about, it might be cool to so something like this. Have three speakers, one from the 9/11 truth movement, there to talk about the movement in context, an environmentalist there to talk about how our War on Terror is impacting the environment, and and anti-war activist there to talk about how 9/11 was on tactic in a larger global military plan. Each could have a half hour video segment to show before talking and then questions. The intermittent video thing in important, as its really the only way to keep people from getting bored. Yeah, even us. We could offer to edit the video for each speaker, possibly utilizing more than one source for each.

So maybe the general theme would be, 'The 9/11 Truth Movement: Context and Coalition.'

Anyway, that's sort of what we were thinking. We don't necessarily have to do something with speakers. But since we have the time to look, we might as well think along these lines while we can. Who could we invite to speak?

Posted 16 years ago #
  11. Victronix

FYI, Richard Gage (ae911truth.org) may be in NYC on the anniversary - he might be more issue-oriented than you want and more physical evidence, but he would function to help draw a crowd because he is a registered architect and a lot of people that wouldn't ordinarily consider demolitions will at least consider them when they see his credentials. Their curiosity is sparked. Even AIA Chapter groups have invited him to speak. Les has invited him to come to NY, but I don't know if things are finalized. Anyway, so he may be around.

But the idea you describe above sounds pretty good. One issue is finding people who will speak at a 9/11 event who are also credible in their own area. The sooner you invite people and find out if they can make it, the easier things go after that.

Posted 16 years ago #
  12. truthmod
    Administrator

If Les is hosting Richard Gage, I'm not sure it would make sense for us to present him right around the same time in the same city.

We're looking into booking a venue, after which we can really get going on inviting people and planning...

Posted 16 years ago #
  13. Victronix

re the Cleveland group / event organizing - apparently the main people I would have had a problem with in terms of differences in our interests (I'm not Big Tent) are now off that committee and the organizer, Dele, is attempting to rework it. It seems to have more potential now and looks like it could be recommendable. It would be great for those who understand the hoaxes / blockbusters to have the chance to get together to discuss actual strategies to cope.

Posted 16 years ago #

You must log in to post.