Forum

TruthMove Forum

TruthMove Forum » TruthMove Main Forum

Support for Ron Paul from the John Birch Society (34 posts)

1. NicholasLevis

Ruppert started out on the right, but in my experience improved constantly. He also had a bit of a star-fucking thing going, everyone's been his dear friend at some point. There are names on the list you mention he definitely no longer associates with.

Posted 16 years ago #
  2. truthmod
    Administrator

Thanks CX,

I think all of us here at TruthMove agree that marrying 9/11 Truth to the Ron Paul campaign is deceptive, misguided, and dangerous.

Posted 16 years ago #
  3. NicholasLevis

We are CHANGE is so full of contradictions and bullshit, and this Ron Paul worship by far the most puzzling given that RP doesn't even qualify for LIHOP, which CHANGE considers to be tantamount to treason. The group's actions are going to succeed very well in disillusioning the majority of its members, insofar as they seem to have been new people taken in by the pitch to youth and the power pose. What happens after that?

Posted 16 years ago #
  4. truthmover
    Administrator

Thank you Robin Hordon, and CX for the heads up.

This certainly belongs here as this forum is one of the only movement venues where this opinion is being openly discussed.

As Jan, and others here have recently stated, this movement should concern everyone regardless of their political orientation. So for that reason, we hope for the participation of people on the right. However, as this movement is about concerns greater than our personal or even national ideology, all of us are required to sideline our own ideology in the interest of pursuing mutual concerns. So while we might welcome Libertarians for 9/11 truth, we would expect them, like everyone else, to express that concern in some way independent of their politics.

TruthMove addresses many concerns in addition to 9/11 truth, but we feel that they all relate around our mutual and non-partisan concern for informed consent. I suppose you could call all of it some kind of ideology. Its difficult for us to see this objectively from the inside. We welcome that kind of critique.

But we are trying to stick to the facts, and be reasonable, while keeping our bias in check. And that's all we hope for from others.

Ron Paul says nothing that I find consonant with the movements most basic principles. The position that industry should regulate itself is retro-active. That's what we had, more or less, from the time of the industrial revolution, let's say 1500, up to the beginning of the 20th century.

The [Triangle Shirtwaist factory fire of 1911], the worst of its kind in New York City history, prompted adoption of some of the era's most stringent workplace safety laws and crystallized efforts to unionize garment workers. It also forced lawmakers to begin enforcing strict building codes after years of negligence by corrupt politicians. http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/Northeast/03/26/fire.la...

Corruption. Profit over safety. Its all happening overseas now. Toxic jobs that you can only do for 8 years before retiring at 23 totally disabled. Cheap products for Walmart. We don't have to look at the misery. Ron Paul's isolationisms is a myth that he propagates actively. The iron hand of US industry around the world is an intervention that provides us all great benefit, including Ron Paul. And deregulating industry would predictably involve more intervention, and greater misery around the world. Certainly more wealth for a few. Possibly greater comfort for us at home.

Does he really mean to reap the spoils of our international economic conquest, and then act as if our overt/military intervention is any worse? To put it dramatically, he doesn't care if they starve to death, but would rather they not be bombed. Unacceptable.

Ron Paul has nothing to do with 9/11 truth. So it is apparent to many that a 9/11 truth group would look surprisingly partisan, and off-topic, in making such a political endorsement. However, rather than fighting against the representations we see here, let's take them at face value. WeAreChange expresses Libertarian themes and values alongside 9/11 truth. They always have. Beyond our agreement or not with Libertarianism here is our concern for effective promotional strategy.

Bottom Line: Their demographic appeal is very narrow. Take all the people receptive to 9/11 truth. Then subtract people who don't like Alex Jones. Then subtract people over 35. Then subtract people who don't support Ron Paul. Then subtract people who don't agree with their strategy. What are you left with? Is this an expansive vision for change?

Who knows where this will all lead? I hope that we will find that Change is capable of changing.

Posted 16 years ago #
  5. Thank you ever so much Robin Hordon and CX!!! You are true patriots and every single word said in that statement was true! I can feel the passion there and hopeful others do too. So, it appears to be up to us. Where do we go from here? I ask this question because I feel that there is a monumental amount of potential in the posters on the forum..... So, again, it's up to us, because no one else seems to be taking the initiative. I think the answer to this probably belong under the heading of another post topic...

Posted 16 years ago #
  6. Bottom Line: Their demographic appeal is very narrow. Take all the people receptive to 9/11 truth. Then subtract people who don't like Alex Jones. Then subtract people over 35. Then subtract people who don't support Ron Paul. Then subtract people who don't agree with their strategy. What are you left with? Is this an expansive vision for change? Who knows where this will all lead? I hope that we will find that Change is capable of changing.

VERY nice analysis of the current situation truthmover. Being apart of this 25-30 yr old generation, and communicating with many from this age group within our movement frequently, I believe I can give a sort of accurate vision with where all of this is headed IF it is not diverted away from our movement or stopped altogether.

Its quite sad to say, but my gen. has quite a bit of growing up to do. Over the past several months, I have expressed deep concerns about the content of the 911 material that has been passed out to people and a variety of other issues. This support for Ron Paul is going 'viral.' These people are simply jumping on the RP bandwagon without even educating themselves about what it is that they are supporting.

As far as 'Change' being capable of "changing," I think their egos are way too far out there to listen to a legitimate concern from others in the actual 9/11 truth movement. I would say that WE should lead by example, restructure our efforts, gain momentum, and 'Change' will lose ground and members that way. One of my biggest questions to these people is "So what are you going to do when RP doesn't make it through the primaries." - normal response is - "Oh there's no doubt, he'll win." I have to wonder what type of brainwashing these folks have been subject to.

Posted 16 years ago #
  7. NicholasLevis

A semantic point: the word libertarianism was coined by early 20th century anarchists (among them Emma Goldman) to signify the idea of individual liberty as the primary value - before it was appropriated by radical believers in capitalism to mean something akin to the opposite: liberty for corporations to crush you underfoot and call it a free market.

Two of Paul's positions make it impossible to consider him libertarian: advocacy of religion and rejection of bodily sovereignty (abortion question).

Posted 16 years ago #
  8. Victronix

Add Huffinton Post to the list of Ron Paul advocates . . .

Anti-War Group Releases Ad Hailing Ron Paul October 10, 2007 12:31 AM

a comment -

"Talk about switching over! I find I have to traffic HuffPo and other 'left leaning' Web sites these days to find people even willing to listen to what Ron Paul is saying. I have had to abandon, in utter disgust, the usual 'right leaning' political sites and blogs I once bookmarked." http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2007/10/10/antiwar-g...

But you don't see what he's really saying on here, only his anti-war stance.

www.oilempire.us/ronpaul.html

"peace without justice"

Posted 16 years ago #
  9. Just what are all of these people going to do when he is not nominated????

Very sad situation.....

Posted 16 years ago #

You must log in to post.