Forum

TruthMove Forum

TruthMove Forum » TruthMove Main Forum

General Strike 9/11/07 (61 posts)

1. celebi23

Hey, I made a Facebook event page for this strike

http://hartford.facebook.com/event.php?eid=4262172...

Alex

Posted 16 years ago #
  2. truthmod
    Administrator

I see someone has made a site for the general strike:

http://www.usgeneralstrike.org/

http://www.strike911.org should be updated soon...

Posted 16 years ago #
  3. Farmster

Just for your information, there's a group that's organizing a general strike on 9/21/07: http://generalstrikeforpeace.com/General%20Strike%... It's supported by Chomsky and Zinn, so 911 fraud is not discussed. Too bad these people couldn't come together with us on 9/11--if they want to stop the wars, impeachment and exposing 911 is the most direct way.

Posted 16 years ago #
  4. truthmod
    Administrator

Strange, no one else has brought this event to our attention. How long ago was it announced? Really shows how little overlap their is with Chomsky and friends and the 9/11 truth and younger activist communities.

Maybe they should move their strike ahead 10 days : )

The site doesn't look too active, and clearly they haven't been getting the word out very well...

Posted 16 years ago #
  5. LBLiddle

Someone requested t-Shirts. Here you go:

http://www.cafepress.com/activewhere

Posted 16 years ago #
  6. truthmover
    Administrator

Strike911.org up and running!

Thanks go to truthmod and yfhahn for whipping this up so quickly.

We hope this helps generate further interest and participation in the action, and that others submit their flyers and related local plans.

The strike in on 9/11, and the issue of 9/11 truth is one part of the agenda. But the name of the site was chosen to also represent the common emergency we face. StrikeEmergency.org doesn't work.

General Strike recommendation: As its obvious that this action is tied to the 9/11 issue, maybe it would be best for us in the movement to spend our time between now and then trying to promote the broader message. We've all got friends concerned with some of the issues addressed by this action who may not have shown any interest in 9/11 truth. Now is the time to get those people involved in something that should matter to everyone.

The big picture: Every member of the public in this country has been lied to by our government. Recently, a lot, and about almost everything important. Everyone is impacted by this.

So let's invite everyone to participate in protest. Those in the 9/11 truth movement spend so much time swimming upstream, trying to get through to people. Here's a chance to invite people to take action related to things they already concern themselves with. In some ways that's an easier task for us, and allows us to build bridges with people and organizations who may have felt uncomfortable associating with the 9/11 truth movement.

Just to be clear, this action is not intended in any way to detract from any other actions or events happening on our around the 11th. And while this action originated here, and we hope to provide guidance as to its basic intent, this is not a TruthMove action. This is a decentralized national action of public unity. Maybe a Truth Movement action?

We hope the website represents that intention.

Spread the word! One month!

Posted 16 years ago #
  7. Victronix

Strange, no one else has brought this event to our attention.

Probably because no one knows about it.

But you guys are doing pretty well with getting the strike info out there though, moving quickly enough. The next thing you need is a banner to go on every 9/11 website and then send that around directly to everyone, not just a post on blogger.

Contacting the peace strike organizers and offering to promote their strike at your strike would be a good first step to making a connection. If you link to theirs on your page and then do all the banner promotions they would get a ton of traffic and appreciate it. There's no harm in striking twice. Don't compete, support. It's likely they won't want to change for the sake of the 9/11 one at this stage.

Posted 16 years ago #
  8. truthmod
    Administrator

The banner is in the works.

A google search for "general strike" yields 2 links the 9/11/07 event in the top 10.

Posted 16 years ago #
  9. truthmover
    Administrator

And 4 links if you search "9/11/07" :)

Posted 16 years ago #
  10. truthmod
    Administrator

I attended the World Can't Wait bi-weekly planning meeting tonight to announce the General Strike. They seemed generally open, especially after Janice Matthews had put in a good word for us with their leadership.

I'm not sure if they're going to "pick it up" or promote through their mailing list/network, but who knows.

One older lady there, dismissed me as soon as she realized I was associated with "9/11 truth." She said it's all been debunked and we probably won't get along and when I tried to give her a copy of "9/11: Press for Truth," she almost threw it back at me. However, the other people, which much more respectful.

This is a key alliance here. WCW is one of the most radical and conscious "anti-war" groups out there. They have no qualms about using terms like "fascism" and "war criminals" and "impeach." They express a sense of urgency and anger that shows they know how bad it really is. The unanswered questions of 9/11 should be a part of their platform; they should be our allies.

And everybody should get down with their Declare Yourself/Orange campaign:

http://www.worldcantwait.net/

Posted 16 years ago #
  11. AHBeing

Hi, new to this website....awesome website....linked here somehow because of 911strike!

The time is short, to get the word out peeps. So, my suggestion is Do nothing, buy nothing...but even go a step further....because of the shortness in time to get the word out! Turn off A/C....use very limited electric, and other utilities. I will wear red, white, and blue on 911....and i will not be holding a silly sign, just walking the streets!

-peace "Silent Protest" actually, that's what i do everyday, anyway. If we walked around gov't building wearing red, white, and blue....SAYING nothing, and HOLDING nothing.....chanting nothing.....just be there in NUMBERS WALKING!!!

I usually buy nothing anyway....so in order for me to make a diff....i need to turn off my A/C, no electric cooking. If this first try does not work.....how about getting it out that 11/09/07....could be the next go around!!! It's 9/11 flopped....

Posted 16 years ago #
  12. EcoDawah

Hi all,

I linked here because of a fwd by A Human Being.

LOL, cafe press shirts? Used shirts are better, be creative! If u still need new....organic cotton, made in the US....is a wise choice for me.

I know that it's easy to find red, white, and blue shirts at Thrift stores.

The last executive order, by our "hitler".... said something about violence and protesting? As soon as someone holds up a sign, it could actually be deemed as a violent act! Freedom in America!! We are still free to walk the streets. Silently..and hopefully in numbers.

If you are not in walking distance to a federal building...please, please, car pool!! Or just get out of the house, be on the streets, w/ your neighbors! Find a connection there. "grassroot's." Trade w/ neighbors on that day? Solar cook on that day? Do nothing on the day?

I'm like AHBeing....i already DO NOT BUY NEW!! "Another person's junk, is another person's treasure." LOL, my apt is JUNK!! And i'm very proud of my junk!!!

My self-esteem is so high, that most people think I'm a millionaire....LOL, am i?

Re-use and recycle...Use what you already have on this 9/11 general strike! -peace

Send out all kinds of links "general strike, 9-11" NOW!!!! please!!!

Posted 16 years ago #
  13. truthmod
    Administrator

Great support and ideas guys, thanks.

The facebook group is growing everyday, it now has over 3000 members, mostly college students, I believe.

The latest blog search shows the GS spreading like wildfire:

http://blogsearch.google.com/blogsearch?q=general+...

I think it's time for some big names and organizations to come out in support of this action!

Posted 16 years ago #
  14. notque

I'm the submitter on digg, please email me and we can discuss if possible. Email is connected to username, or username @ gmail . com

Thanks.

Posted 16 years ago #
  15. truthmod
    Administrator
  16. EMScantstrike

You all CAN'T really be serious, right?? I work in EMS, so you think that I should strike as well?? So who will come when you call 9-1-1 and are in need of help? Who is gonna be there when you get in an accident that day or your house catches fire b/c of something that you couldn't control?? How about that heart attack you're about to have?? Who's gonna to come and give emergency care so that you live and make it to the hospital alive. I'm not so sure that a 'stirke' from everyday living is something that is really an answer!

Posted 16 years ago #
  17. AHBeing

Why does one person believe that their job in life is an more important than another?

Posted 16 years ago #
  18. AHBeing

I did not mean that to be a mean sounding comment. But think about it? The farmer....he's job is as important as anyone elses, right? they provides us food. Or the bread maker? they provide us w/ bread. Even people that do not have jobs, still have an important job in life!

Posted 16 years ago #
  19. truthmover
    Administrator

Yes, everyone is important. And no, you should not strike if you are an EMS. No one would recommend that we save fuel by not putting generators in hospitals. Some people can't participate, and we hope they find other ways to express their political concerns.

Posted 16 years ago #
  20. EcoDawah

There probably will not be enough time, for this to have a full scale general strike effect for ONE DAY!!! America needs to change it's old-fashioned following, and start creating! Oil conversation.

But, for me, i just started coming to this website yesterday, because i heard 'general strike' at another website. My screen name is very important to me...and it pertains to 9-11-01. Mohammad Atta told me the definition of "dawah." I'm sure this website, knows that name all too well.

DO YOU WANT TO KNOW THE TRUTH??? This country can't handle the truth. I tried for years to be heard by someone, anyone...

[i DID REPORT ALL OF THE 9-11 hypothetical plans way back in the early summer of 1999. I even told the INS agent, "Mark my word, if we continue to allow knives onboard planes, THIS WILL HAPPEN!"] And all of the hypothetical plans happened, except the gov't and media said that the 3rd plane was headed for the White House! Huh?? I thought it was headed for the Liberty Bell, go figure....but what do i know?? America can't handle the truth, that's what i know!!!

This country re-built after 9-11-01. But it didn't rebuild to be self-sufficient from other country's oil! Why not? We had already had the first gulf war because of oil! Didn't we learn then? Did America get to SEE all of the land over in the persian gulf on FIRE?? miles and miles of fire as far as the eye could see! The smell, i still remember that smell!!!

One day of not spending will not do the trick. Becoming self-sufficient w/o our need for other country's oil, might just do the trick huh? American factories running off of solar power and wind power...or even future ideas for power. Changing our spending habits, inputs, inputs, inputs!

Look around America....everything you see is made from oil. Does it mean that because we don't have enough oil, that we have to invade a country w/ oil, in the name of humanitarian purposes? There are thousands of people dieing every day in Africa...why aren't we over there for humanitariam purposes? They do not have a natural resource that america needs. America is only 5% of the population of the world...yet we use over 25% of the world's natural resources. Why can't America CONSERVE??? Why do people in America think that the more we have is better? Why are we still buying new production?

So please take 9-11-07 as a day to THINK, AMERICA!!! Think of what this nation has become? It's always somebody else's job? WHY? What happened to Flea Markets vendors selling used stuff?? It's almost all cheap new production junk now!! Where did America learn that new is better?

If i do BUY anything, it's USED! Well, i made the mistake of buying new because it was for a non-profit organization to help children. I could have bought used, and just donated the extra cash to that organization. Oops! Live and LEARN!!

Now many people have ORANGE shirts in their closet? Duh! I have TWO[bought from that non-profit organization, oops)...but most would have to go out and BUY a NEW shirt! It's very hard to find a orange shirt at a thrift store! So, think about it, please!!! Orange is gr8, IF you already have it!!! But red, white, and blue...well, i think that most people already have one of those colors in their wardrobe! -peace

Posted 16 years ago #
  21. truthmod
    Administrator

CItizens for Legitimate Government will be sending a representative on to the John Gibson radio show on Fox News Radio tonight. The subject is the proposed General Strike on 9/11/07.

Supposedly, the segment will be on just after 8pm. Tune in and see how the right desperately tries to demonize dissent.

http://www.legitgov.org/ http://www.foxnews.com/radio/johngibsonradio/index...

Posted 16 years ago #
  22. Victronix

Just FYI, CLG is connected to Fetzer. Lori Price was apparently doing his website for awhile, so no interest in discrimination. Notice the many links to him here, even the Wood and Reynolds NIST submission -

http://www.legitgov.org/9_1_1_oddities.html

But way to go with the publicity on the event, really amazing -- just saw another story today. This will be a great experience for you if it's starting this way.

Posted 16 years ago #
  23. truthmod
    Administrator

Hmmm. Thanks Victronix, you always seem to be on the ball with this stuff. Did anyone hear the show?

It was kind of strange how I called Fox back after they emailed and then they said they already had someone from CLG. I then contacted CLG to ask if they had a competent debater and Lori Price told me they had this guy Michael Rectenwald, Ph.D. ready to go, so I deferred to them. Maybe that was a mistake?

Damn, should have been more careful. I'm going to go over the legitgov site in detail.

Posted 16 years ago #
  24. truthmod
    Administrator

Join the General Strike on Myspace:

http://www.myspace.com/generalstrike07

Posted 16 years ago #
  25. truthmod
    Administrator

The Facebook group has over 5100 members--mostly high school and college students! These kids really know how to network. There's also an active discussion forum over there. Let's hope it just keeps growing. The key starts to become regional organizing so people can link up in their area and go out together, plan actions, etc.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=4157941601

Posted 16 years ago #

Reply »

You must log in to post.