Forum

TruthMove Forum

TruthMove Forum » TruthMove Main Forum

Roll out the debunkers (13 posts)

1. truthmod
    Administrator

As we approach the sixth anniversary, we can expect a whole new slew of hit-pieces. Here's a new one in the Seattle Times. Man these things are so pathetically transparent and hypocritical. How do they get away with this publishing this trash?

Debunking flights of fancy that hover over 9/11 http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/opinion/2003...

Some tidbits:

In today's media environment, fueled by user-generated content that is easily accessed on the Internet, conspiracy theories won't simply fade away if we ignore them or dismiss them as "fringe" history. In fact, if you do a Google search on "Flight 77," you will find that the conspiracy Web sites in the first 100 search returns heavily outweigh official news and government accounts. Lies perpetuate lies and gain a life of their own — a principle observed by Joseph Goebbels' propaganda machine for the Third Reich.

Cleverly, the new conspiracy theorists prey on areas of highly specialized knowledge that most of us don't viscerally understand.

In their flight of fancy, the ideology of conspiracy-mongers is in sync with the ideology of terrorist groups, for both point to omnipotent villains controlling world events. When we see falsehoods masquerading as facts, it is our duty as free citizens to chime in: "Wait a minute — how do you know that to be true?" That would be the best way to honor the victims of the worst terror attack ever to occur on American soil.

Posted 16 years ago #
  2. Arabesque

We counter this by exposing the official story as a complete fraud, and showing the evidence to support the official story is riddled with contradictory facts by very credible sources. I'm planning on writing a piece on the 9/11 "incompetence conspiracy theory".

The fact that more people are coming out for 9/11 truth every day is making these hit pieces almost irrelevant. The more people who are openly aware of 9/11 truth make it that much more difficult to contain the message through blatant media propaganda.

Posted 16 years ago #
  3. truthmover
    Administrator

Incompetence

As the evidence mounts of Administration illegal activity, and outright lying, one would certainly wonder why it still seems so attractive to hold onto the vaguely founded notion of a statistically impossible simultaneous failure to follow basic procedure. Maybe because that's the only possible way to explain the circumstance and maintain the 'official' view. What lengths people will go to defend themselves from the sting of reality.

Squashing the incompetence theory is really important for the movement, as it's used by so many otherwise rational people to shoo away the topic of 9/11 truth. Looking forward to your essay.

Posted 16 years ago #
  4. truthmod
    Administrator

Hehehe...pat yourself on the back and invest in some more hedge funds.

The Financial Times does the conspiracy dismissal fluff piece.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/55f0ec1e-3eb5-11dc-bfcf-00...

Conspiracy theorists have a bad reputation. They are usually portrayed as paranoid, isolated, deluded people, best avoided.

It is true that there are many sinister and unpleasant conspiracy theories. These are usually the ones that seek to blame all the world’s ills on a single racial or social group – Jews, Catholics, Freemasons.

Why do conspiracy theories command such a wide audience? I have my own theory about that. There are four environments that help to create and sustain paranoia about secret plots. There are closed societies – typified in the Middle East. There are divided societies, such as the US and Spain. There are countries with a genuinely conspiratorial elite, such as Russia. And finally, even in government, there are certain types of people who are natural conspiracy theorists.

Many conspiracy theorists are convinced that there is a secret story behind America’s decision to invade Iraq. It is also possible, however, that America went to war partly because some senior officials had themselves fallen prey to a conspiracy theory. But perhaps I am getting lost in the wilderness of mirrors.

Posted 16 years ago #
  5. Victronix

Steve posts on blogger: http://911blogger.com/node/10346

Just received the following email. I was interviewed for this History Channel Documentary on 9/11 "conspiracies" at the conference held at the University of Texas at Austin in April. I believe Webster Tarpley and Alex Jones and others at the conference were also interviewed. Curious to see how much of our comments get through... In any case, a 2-hour documentary on the 9/11 Truth community etc. ought to be interesting... Don't know who they interviewed for the "other side.."

Hi Professor Jones, I just wanted to let you know that our 2 hour documentary, "The 9/11 Conspiracies," is now set to air on August 12 at 8pm. Once it airs, we can send a copy to you; just pass along the best address to send to you. Thanks so much for doing the interview.

Best regards, Brad Davis

Picture (Metafile) Bradley Davis Producer, NBC News

(Note that Brad is with NBC News, but said that the documentary would air on the History Channel. 8pm -- I think that is Eastern Time.)

my note:

9/11 Conspiracies http://www.history.com/shows.do?action=detail&...

They list the Pentagon missile as the only "evidence," meaning it will be classic "History Channel" rewriting of history.

Posted 16 years ago #
  6. truthmod
    Administrator

Seattle Times readers take issue with recent hit piece.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/opinion/2003...

To use Alben's words, "Most theories, after all, will collapse on their own spindly legs when enough reasonable people examine them and begin to ask basic questions." Many deeply patriotic and reasonable citizens are asking those basic questions and finding empirically based answers that point to more government cover-ups and lies.

Alben's closing words are, "When we see falsehoods masquerading as facts, it is our duty as free citizens to chime in: 'Wait a minute — how do you know that to be true?' That would be the best way to honor the victims of the worst terror attack ever to occur on American soil."

We could not agree more. And we are indeed chiming in.

Posted 16 years ago #
  7. truthmod
    Administrator

NPR's "This American Life" airs BBC's Jon Ronson in a hitpiece on conspiracy theorists. About a woman who was injured in the 7/7 bombings, started blogging about it, and got entangled in arguments with "conspiracy theorists."

Also features David Shayler.

http://www.thislife.org/Radio_Episode.aspx?sched=1... Episode 338 Starts at around 9 minutes in.

Posted 16 years ago #
  8. Victronix

Sometimes the only thing we can do is contact these people directly and apologize for those who are attacking them in the name of "9/11 truth," and point to refutations of the hoax advocates. They often appreciate knowing how many others do not agree with the extreme hoaxes, even while questioning the events, although some cannot hear it. It's always worth the try to reach out.

Posted 16 years ago #
  9. Victronix

From blogger:

According to my Dish network on-screen TV guide the History Channel hit piece is set to air on Monday at 8 pm and 12 am Tuesday (that’s central time for me).

The program description has 9/11 truth basically reduced to being an Internet rumor further conforming our suspicions of a hit piece. http://911blogger.com/node/10741

And a couple of interesting comments -

Something has happened to the History Channel

I am suspicious that something like the hostile replacement of Popular Mechanics experienced editors has taken place at the History Channel. There was a major upset after the History Channel aired the three new parts of Nigel Turner's The Men Who Killed Kennedy series in late 2003. One of these new episodes showed that the limousine was sent up to Ford Motor Co. in Detroit two days after the assassination to have the car refurbished and its bullet riddled windshield replaced and disposed of. The History Channel was forced somehow to remove those three episodes from the series and withdraw them from their on line store. You can't buy a tape or DVD of one of those episodes now.

Prior to this the History Channel seemed as though the shows they aired were fair and often quite close to the truth.

Submitted by Tony Szamboti on Sun, 08/19/2007 - 6:43pm.

And person on another forum writes on the same topic:

For the 40th anniversary of the JFK assassination the HC aired a documentary called "The Guilty Men", presenting evidence from Barr McClellan and others that Lyndon Johnson was involved in the plot. (What would they have made of Hunt's confession?)

There was an immediate firestorm, including a demand for apology from Ladybird Johnson and Gerald Ford, resulting in a formal, hour-long retraction featuring three "debunking" historians, an apology to all concerned and a promise never to air the episode again.

There are many links discussing HC's "lapse of judgement": http://hnn.us/roundup/comments/4563.html

I don't know if the ownership has changed since 2003, but considering how HC was burned by the JFK program, I would not expect it to stray far from the official line on 9/11.

Posted 16 years ago #
  10. truthmod
    Administrator

Yeah I bought some bootleg DVDs of "The Men Who Killed Kennedy" on ebay. It's pretty sad that stuff like this gets retracted and history is rewritten. I don't think anyone is expecting a fair piece on 911 truth. Maybe we should protest History Channel's offices the day this airs or bombard their phone lines...

History Channel, 235 E 45th St # 9, New York, NY 10017 (212) 210-1400 235 E 45th St # 9, New York, NY 10017

Posted 16 years ago #
  11. truthmover
    Administrator

We'll Tivo it

This should be really interesting, but I expect no less. As you may know, 

the History Channel is a part of Discovery Communications...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discovery_Communicati...

...owned in large part by GE and Disney. In my estimation it was established to present a military friendly view of history, as the majority of content is mainstream representations of our many wars.

Animal Planet. Sounds environmental? Have a look at this.

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=...

Also included are are The Discover Channel, The Learning Channel, 

The Science Channel, The Travel Channel, The Military Channel, and BBC America. All owned by industry, and utilized for the purpose of extending industrial control. Have a look at their latest.

Green channel

The Discovery Channel has plans in work to start a 24-hour channel in the second half of 2008 focused on eco-friendly living, as part of a push into the rising environmental movement with shows like "Ten Ways To Save the Planet". The channel will be called PlanetGreen and will replace Discovery Home. Treehugger.com and Hugg.com have recently been acquired.

Hmm...GE for the environment! We're saved!

Posted 16 years ago #
  12. mark

A quick websearch found this link on the first page of search results for "The Men Who Killed Kennedy"

http://store.aetv.com/html/product/index.jhtml?id=... The Men Who Killed Kennedy DVD set (Episodes 1-6) Only available on DVD Availability: Product will ship on 09/10/07, why? Ships to U.S. and Canada 2 DVD(s) / 300 Minutes Closed Captioning: No More Details Clearance, Save 40% ! Was: $29.95 Now: $17.97

The Men Who Killed Kennedy seems to be still in print - most of it is very good. But if we are still (as a society) arguing almost a half century later whether Kennedy was toppled in a coup, then the prospects for the "truth" about 9/11 don't seem too encouraging.

Apparently, the "911blogger" post that The Men Who Killed Kennedy is no longer available is not correct.

It seems to be as accurate as the unverified claim in the same post that there was supposedly a purge at Popular Mechanics / Hearst before they wrote their debunking article. The claim that there was a purge seems to be solely sources to American Free Press, a publication that is about as reliable as The National Enquirer (both occasionally print some bits of true information, but neither is journalism). AFP publishes "The Barnes Review" which openly praises Hitler and sells Nazi glorifying books. In other words, they're not a reliable source.

Popular Mechanics was very smart to (mostly) focus on the hoaxes and ignore suppressed warnings and 9/11 war games. They knew exactly what they were doing, which is why they gave us a tip of the hat by using a graphic from www.questionsquestions.net to debunk the ridiculous "pod" nonsense - just like Thierry Meyssan had a picture of Boeing debris on the cover of his "Pentagate" book that claimed a Boeing didn't hit the Pentagon. Popular Mechanics has now taken down the questionsquestions.net graphic from their web version of their debunking article (since it's probably a bit embarrassing and proves that they know the core of the case for complicity has nothing to do with swapped planes, etc.).

www.oilempire.us/hoax-jokes.html shows how Popular Mechanics was having a joke at our expense.

Posted 16 years ago #
  13. TonySzamboti

Mark,

The producer Nigel Turner made three additional episodes of The Men Who Killed Kennedy. They were episodes 7, 8, and 9 entitled, "The Love Affair", The Smoking Guns", and "The Guilty Men". These three new episodes were made in the 2001 to 2003 time frame for showing around the 40th anniversary of the assassination in Nov. 2003. It is these three which are not available from the History Channel as after being aired they were mired in controversy over implications that LBJ was directly involved.

Of course, the first six episodes are still available. I was discussing episodes 7, 8, and 9 in my 911Blogger post.

Posted 16 years ago #

You must log in to post.