Forum

TruthMove Forum

TruthMove Forum » TruthMove Main Forum

Vanity Fair/Loose Change and the proliferation of junk scien (5 posts)

1. JohnA

Vanity Fair/Loose Change and the proliferation of junk scien

After literally years of lobbying Nancy of Vanity Fair on behalf of the 9/11 Truth movement – we are given a 4-page spread on “Loose Change.” Junk science and un-vetted speculation - presented by teenagers.

And we're supposed to be happy about this?

Why not a story on David Ray Griffin? A man with a 30 year unblemished career as an ethicist, with research vetted and grounded in the world of academia?

noooo..... lets go with the tin foil hat crowd.

At least it brings attention to the cause - right?

no. it misdirects the public - and creates the appearance that the entire movement is the product of teenage flights of fancy. it does more harm than good.

Posted 17 years ago #
  2. NicholasLevis

Please keep this in mind.

I agree completely with the lost opportunity that this article should be about Loose Change. Of all things.

But I know that Nancy has been pitching 9/11 stories for years without success. This is obviously what Vanity Fair wants, and pays for. They don't want Griffin. They want the teenager angle. So please differentiate, and don't blame Nancy automatically for doing the only thing allowed to her by her magazine.

Posted 17 years ago #
  3. JohnA

did you read the last two paragraphs

did you read the last two paragraphs?

it is a call to violence. it is very dangerous material.

the article insinuates that this movement has the potential, and according to this quote, almost advocating violence. read it.

Posted 17 years ago #
  4. truthmod
    Administrator

yeah, pretty crappy

i understand that vanity fair probably demanded the teen fluff angle, but it seems like she could have also interviewed some other people in the movement...

i guess she's not supposed to write about anything too close to Frank?

Posted 17 years ago #
  5. who

Re: did you read the last two paragraphs

JohnA Wrote:

did you read the last two paragraphs?

it is a call to violence. it is very dangerous material.

the article insinuates that this movement has the potential, and according to this quote, almost advocating violence. read it

I was excited to see this kind of attention-getting item in VF. It isn't a hit piece and takes 9-11 Truth seriously. Thoughtful people who read it will be motivated to seek out more information. And those last two paragraphs took such a radical turn that it really brought me up short.

Posted 17 years ago #

You must log in to post.