Forum

TruthMove Forum

TruthMove Forum » TruthMove Main Forum

Dailykos, General Strike and the 9/11 truth movement (3 posts)

1. truthmod
    Administrator

9-11-07 General Strike: Analysis of diverging viewpoints http://www.dailykos.com/story/2007/8/16/83822/0180

Recently some diaries have appeared, reporting on the ongoing netroots organization of a general strike this coming September 11, 2007. Various websites and blogs have spread the initiative informally, which urges citizens to refrain from shopping, work and school in order to show widespread opposition to the Bush administration's continuing disregard and disdain for our Constitution and civil rights.

The goal of this diary is not to promote the strike itself or any particular agenda thereof; rather, my intention here is to analyze responses on Daily Kos to this general strike movement and provide a brief overview of general strikes in a historical context. As can be observed in this diary from two days ago, if there is disagreement among our community members it comes from perceptions about the "organization" of the strike and the issues about which it seeks to raise awareness.

Here is Kos' policy/position regarding "conspiracy theories:" http://www.dkosopedia.com/wiki/DailyKos_FAQ#Contro...

Today I did something I've never done before (not even during the Fraudster mess), and wish I'd never had to do.

I made a mass banning of people perpetuating a series of bizarre, off-the-wall, unsupported and frankly embarassing conspiracy theories.

I have a high tolerance level for material I deem appropriate for this site, but one thing I REFUSE to allow is bullshit conspiracy theories. You know the ones -- Bush and Blair conspired to bomb London in order to take the heat off their respective political problems. I can't imagine what fucking world these people live in, but it sure ain't the Reality Based Community.

Posted 16 years ago #
  2. Victronix

the discussion of ludicrous ideas that have been advanced regarding the World Trade Center or other events of 9-11. Indeed, spurious claims or unsupported speculative theories regarding the attacks serve as a distraction from investigations and research that could truly resolve unanwsered questions that victims' families, NY firefighters and Americans in general continue to advance.

1. On 9/11, no aircraft hit WTC 7. Why did the building fall at 5:20 PM that evening?

Statement and Questions Regarding the 9/11 Commission Interview of Mayor Rudy Giuliani and Members of his Administration

The Family Steering Committee

revised May 11, 2004 http://www.911independentcommission.org/giuliani31...

Posted 16 years ago #
  3. Arabesque

Controversial 9/11 Diaries

DailyKos accepts that the 9/11 attacks were perpetrated by agents of Al-Qaeda. It is forbidden to write diaries that:

1. refer to claims that American, British, Israeli, or any government assisted in the attacks
    2. refer to claims that the airplanes that crashed into the WTC and Pentagon were not the cause of the damage to those buildings or their subsequent collapse

Authoring or recommending these diaries may result in banning from Daily Kos.

Ridiculous. Gatekeeper site.

Posted 16 years ago #

You must log in to post.