Forum

TruthMove Forum

TruthMove Forum » TruthMove Main Forum

New Deception Dollars - Complaint (6 posts)

1. truthmod
    Administrator

TruthMove again gets relegated to a tiny link on the back of the obscure "Billion" note. While sites like infowars, 911blogger, wethepeopleradionetwork, etc, etc. all get more prominent promotion.

Does infowars need any more promotion anyway?

http://www.911blogger.com/node/10760 http://www.communitycurrency.org/9-11.html#UP

Posted 16 years ago #
  2. Victronix

Carol B., main organizer of Northern Cal 911 Truth is involved closely in it and typically doesn't show a lot of interest in discrimination between the strong evidence and hoaxes. But I don't know how the final decisions are made. I believe she makes some recommendations. Last time I saw a list go around and people were allowed to comment, but I didn't see anything this time. We were also extremely disappointed to see voltarienet on there - home of Meyssan. Interesting that Tarpley and Fetzer also glorify him.

Posted 16 years ago #
  3. DBLS
    Inactive

At least you got something.

Posted 16 years ago #
  4. Victronix

But in the end the dollars function the same as patriotsquestion - discrediting by association - when "no plane" sites like Meyssan's are advocated along with other sites sticking to strong evidence.

Posted 16 years ago #
  5. truthmover
    Administrator

Let's not get too frustrated.

There's two ways to look at this. First as a piece of personal expression, and second as a representation of the movement. As personal expression, Carol is free to put whatever she wants on the DD. If it was going up in a gallery, I'd have little to say about it. But as an relatively well known promotional campaign within the movement she also has some responsibility to the movement itself.

This thing has been around since before we were concerned about the 'big tent', and has not really changed that much over the years. We have seen some links come and go, but generally, the DD has represented a wide spectrum of movement resources. We can hope for an ever increasing quality of links, but that's just being optimistic. And Carol must hear arguments coming from every side. I'm sure she is doing the best she can.

So we really have no new bone to pick. We were happy to be included 10 months ago on the last version of the Billion Dollar note. We are still on that note in the same place. And we aren't too concerned about this leading to death by association, as we figure most people looking at the sites on the DDs will recognize some obvious differences between them.

Anyway, that's my tempered response. Yet truthmod's frustration is still understandable to me considering the dubious nature of some of the sites included. We should certainly offer our critique.

Posted 16 years ago #
  6. truthmod
    Administrator

Yeah, thanks. We should have been excised because we promote "hoaxes" like the environment and we're obviously left wing gatekeepers, right?

Posted 16 years ago #

You must log in to post.