Forum

TruthMove Forum

TruthMove Forum » TruthMove Main Forum

Kevin Barrett: "I am not a hardcore nonviolence activist" (39 posts)

1. Arabesque

Barrett asks for Haugh resignation, Part Two: Haugh responds

What follows is an email from Sean Haugh to Kevin Barrett, and copied to others. This email was sent to me by LP Political Director Sean Haugh, in response to my inquiry regarding whether he wished to respond to Barrett’s press release. The email is reproduced here with the specific permission of Mr. Haugh. The only edits I have made is to reformat actual email addresses, to protect those persons from spam...

Subject: Real Quotes from Kevin Barrett From: “Sean Haugh” Date: Sun, May 18, 2008 11:34 pm http://lastfreevoice.wordpress.com/2008/06/26/barr...

response from Barrett's PR representative:

Anyone can post a “quote” on the Internet and attribute it to [Barrett]. Haugh is actually using “quotes” posted by people with psuedo-names in blog comment sections. Not very authoritative and very sloppy... Haugh is a disgrace to the Libertarian Party and needs to go.

Uh, that was me. And I provide links to the originals. And so did Haugh in his posting.

Posted 15 years ago #
  2. Arabesque

Barrett's PR representative: "Arabesque, the entire Barrett Campaign appreciates your great work for the Truth"

http://arabesque911.blogspot.com/2008/08/barretts-...

Posted 15 years ago #
  3. Arabesque

Howdy Julie! It was the Waukesha Freeman. The article will be in tomorrow's paper.

Here's my statement which I encourage you to share with the Wisconsin LP:

In almost all cases, as Political Director I support the candidates as nominated by our state parties no matter how I feel about them. I cannot in good conscience do this in the case of Kevin Barrett.

I do not have a problem with him or anyone as a so-called "9/11 Truther." I accept that people who express skepticism over the official story about what happened that day have a home in the LP. But Mr. Barrett goes well beyond that in two ways:

1) He frequently calls for the mass executions for treason for reporters who wrote articles with which he takes issue. I absolutely will not support any candidate who calls for mass murder of anyone, and am appalled that anyone who considers themselves Libertarian would advocate something so horrific.

2) He has made qualified statements of support for the preeminent Holocaust deniers in North America. I researched this extensively before coming to this conclusion. He seems to be playing both sides of that fence. I am and will always be totally intolerant of the Holocaust deniers. It's a blatant racism borne of a deliberate stupidity and I will do absolutely everything in my power to make sure that Holocaust deniers do not feel they have a home in the LP.

I strongly urge the Wisconsin LP to not nominate Kevin Barrett for US Congress. Regardless of your decision however I will go out of my way to disassociate him from the national LP.

yours in liberty - Sean Haugh Political Director http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lpwi/message/23483

Posted 15 years ago #
  4. Arabesque

When I asked the national Libertarian Party Political Director Sean Haugh why 9/11 conspiracy theorists are naturally drawn to the Libertarian Party, he replied that it was because when people feel the government is lying to them, they are attracted to the political party that searches for the truth no matter who it affects. In other words, the Libertarians do not exactly discourage anti-government conspiracy thinking within their ranks.

Haugh did end up calling me back to say that he could not support Barrett’s candidacy for Congress. Not because of the 9/11 conspiracy thinking. It was Barrett’s support for Holocaust denier David Irving that had given him pause. “Oh, my.” And then Haugh’s research also led to discovering Barrett had called for the execution of journalists “complicit in the 9/11 cover-up.”

So it’s interesting to note that the Libertarian Party does have some standards. Calling for violence against journalists and denying the Holocaust are, in Haugh’s words, “beyond the pale.” http://www.foxpolitics.net/politics.iml?mdl=issues...

Posted 15 years ago #
  5. Arabesque

Turns out this thread has been very useful for people who research Kevin Barrett.

Posted 15 years ago #
  6. Arabesque

There’s more where that came from. Note that even prominent people within the 9/11 Truth movement itself are reporting these quotes and claiming that Barrett discredits their efforts. From the references you can also see that there’s a community of people out there who are watching and listening to Barrett’s every word. When he says this junk in the future as a Libertarian candidate, every one of these people will have reason to link these noxious sentiments to our party. http://lastfreevoice.wordpress.com/2008/06/26/barr...

Posted 15 years ago #
  7. Victronix

, every one of these people will have reason to link these noxious sentiments to our party.

Indeedy.

I was amazed the Libertarians were that naive as to provide him a platform. Many have been fooled by the charisma aspect, the befriending, the appeals to fairness, etc. Its best to do a thorough google search early on, and not just relying on showmanship, hype and apparent intent.

But hopefully the Libertarians will be ready and able to take action if it becomes necessary, as many others have had to.

Posted 15 years ago #
  8. truthmod
    Administrator

Turns out this thread has been very useful for people who research Kevin Barrett.

Good work, Arabesque. Your persistence in tracking damaging behavior and statements really does leave a trail which others can then find, refer to, learn from, and continue.

Sean Haugh really seems to be on point as to his critique of Barrett.

It looks like there's a little controversy over Barrett's support of McKinney. Remember, if your function is to disrupt, nothing you do really has to make sense or mean anything one way or another. Barrett's function at this point seems to be to do as much damage to the 9/11 TM as possible while retaining enough stature to be heard/paid attention to.

http://www.independentpoliticalreport.com/2008/08/...

Maybe someone should warn McKinney about accepting Barrett's endorsement:

http://www2.runcynthiarun.org/Endorsements/Persona...

Posted 15 years ago #
  9. Arabesque

Kevin Barrett: "Not a single Israeli was killed" in the World Trade Center on 9/11 http://arabesque911.blogspot.com/2008/08/kevin-bar...

Posted 15 years ago #
  10. Victronix

Tons of stories on this now . . . and on blogger here (http://911blogger.com/news/2010-09-13/faiz-khan-associate-ground-zero-mosque-founder-says-911-was-inside-job).

Mosque imam's associate calls WTC attacks an 'inside job'

A founding member of an organization run by Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf, the driving force behind the planned mosque near Ground Zero, claims that the 9/11 attacks were an "inside job" and that Muslims have been made scapegoats, The Post has learned.

Faiz Khan -- who has preached at least twice at the former Burlington Coat Factory building, the site of the proposed mosque -- was for years Rauf's partner in the American Society for the Advancement of Muslims, which is dedicated to promoting a better understanding of Islam.

Khan also serves on the advisory board of Muslims for 9/11 Truth and is a founder of the Muslim-Jewish-Christian Alliance for 9/11 Truth, known as MUJCA. http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/manhattan/imam_...

The Paralysis of Discourse; The Incompetence of Academia, and The Need for an Accurate Diagnosis By Imam Faiz Khan, M.D., 9/11 First Responder and Co-Founder, MUJCA-NET

"• What hit the Pentagon? To this day, there is zero evidence it was a Boeing."

Posted 13 years ago #
  11. Victronix

I wonder if Faiz Khan knows about the stuff on MUJCA and truthjihad, whether he would actually agree with, for example, Captain Eric May, or if he is aware that Kevin Barrett "has made qualified statements of support for the preeminent Holocaust deniers in North America." Doctors don't have a lot of free time to research . . .

Posted 13 years ago #
  12. mark

Most of this would have been avoided if the early "leaders" of the 9/11 movement had pointed out the no plane pentagon was BS.

Were there any jews in the alleged Muslim Jewish Christian alliance?

Posted 13 years ago #
  13. Victronix

Jonathan Kay on the sad descent into 9/11 conspiracism of former Toronto Sun columnist Eric Margolis

http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com/2010/09/14/jon...

Posted 13 years ago #
  14. BrianG

Any Jews in MUJCA? Last time I checked, there was one Israeli guy. And Lou Stolzenberg, current MUJCA director, lends her name to the cause (she's a Methodist).

The MUJCA logo delivers a definite No-Jews-Need-Apply message. The blue and white background evokes the Israeli flag, but the Star of David has been pushed to the side and the crescent-and-star occupies the middle ground. The crescent and star, and the cross, are substantial. The star of david is spindly and mis-shapen, looking like something scratched with a nail on a synagogue door or a bathroom wall--and the negating "N" scrawled over it serves not to reinforce it, but to desecrate it. Note also that the N represents half a swastika and the word "net" evokes "nyet". It's really hard to imagine that somebody could come up all this extremely offensive stuff through accidental incompetence, and I'd like to know who designed that logo.

Other reasons to doubt any Jewish participation:

Kevin has created many opportunities over the years for MUJCA to serve its alleged cause of furthering interfaith understanding, and MUJCA has never stepped in to do so. After he wrote to a prominent Jewish activist expressing support for holocaust deniers it was a great opportunity for MUJCA to step in and write an apology for him: "Whoops! This just goes to show that even people with the best of intentions can slip on a banana peel, and the thing to do is to acknowledge it, clarify, apologize, forgive, and move on." They didn't. When the Wiesenthal Center accused the architects and engineers of being jihadi propagandists (obviously trying to provoke the truth movement into responding with a lot of Larry Silverstein conspiracy theories) it was MUJCA's place to step in and broker an understanding between the AEs and Wiesenthal. They didn't. When Barrett made his famous "toasting Jews" remark on a 50,000 watt AM radio station MUJCA could have stepped in with a "He's a meathead, but trust us, he's a good guy" statement. They didn't. It's hard for me to imagine any Jews in MUJCA putting up with Barrett's behavior without at least trying to help.

Posted 13 years ago #

You must log in to post.